There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Freak Specimens

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Summer

Winter

2 users Like Apollo's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Southern Pantanal

2 users Like Balam's post

Romania Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Michel Zoghzoghi: " Prey

Beauty, innocence, power. These are the three qualities that for me define the fascination of predators. Yet to many people they will sound like contradictions. Few would deny the beauty of the big cats, nor the elegance of their movements, perhaps without recognizing that much of their beauty lies in their power: they are perfectly put together, perfectly co-ordinated hunting machines. A bird of prey plummeting on to its quarry; a great white shark powering through the oceans – these are magnificent creatures, beautiful in their efficiency and dominance over their environment.
But innocent? Yes. The most powerful predator, be it a tiger or a polar bear, can be incredibly tender with others of its kind. It is impossible to be indifferent to the dedication of a mother who struggles against all the odds – a pitiless climate, a diminishing habitat, a territory full of dangerous rivals – to raise her cubs. She sacrifices everything, sometimes for years, to ensure that they reach adulthood and can embark on the same struggle themselves. It is absurd to attribute human motives such as viciousness or cruelty to these animals. That is not why they kill. Predation is their nature, their very essence. They do it in order to survive.
In this book, I want to show how magnificent predators and the nature they live in are. But I also want to alert people to the fact that every species portrayed here is endangered and most are on the brink of extinction. I want everyone who looks at these images to feel the urge to do something about it.
We have no right to imprison or to exterminate other species. It is their planet too."

1 user Likes Spalea's post

India Hello Offline
Smile  ( This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 07:18 PM by Hello )

(12-01-2019, 03:02 PM)Apollo Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 08:54 PM)Hello Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 07:22 PM)Shadow Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Apollo Wrote: Tiger

That is an excellent to watch and see how same tiger can look like enormous or "just big" depending on angle etc. Looks like to be approximately 230 cm, when standing on hind legs and stretched nicely. If assuming, that the person standing next to him is 180 cm tall. Of course depending height of that guy, that tiger could be estimated to be anything in between 220-240 cm while on hind legs. Big tiger, could be about same size as famous Igor from Odense zoo who was a 250 kg tiger or slightly more in his prime. But in his prime Igor looked to be more fit, not so much loose skin swinging under chest and belly as this one has.

I think Igor is much bigger (taller,longer and heavier by 50-70 lbs)This boy is big may be around 480-500 lbs.Any cat over 500 lbs is impressive.

I usually avoid unnecessary arguments, but that tiger is definitely more than 480-500lbs. 
Thats a big framed tiger, longer and taller.
Here is another video of him swimming with a woman.

I don't think so ,yes he is long but not tall and I would be suprised if he is above 500 lbs, above 100 cms.No offense :) he's not even close to 700 pounds and those are just estimates.This studbook amur male is the largest I've heard of.He weighs in at 622 pounds and 44'' tall at shoulders when standing (man on left is 5'11'' ,180cms) and way even bigger in frame than that hybrid male.

*This image is copyright of its original author
1 user Likes Hello's post

India Hello Offline
( This post was last modified: 12-16-2020, 08:11 PM by Hello )

Tau weighed at 265 kg at 3 years old,Possibly even more in his prime.

3 users Like Hello's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-17-2020, 05:51 PM by Shadow )

(12-16-2020, 07:17 PM)Hello Wrote:
(12-01-2019, 03:02 PM)Apollo Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 08:54 PM)Hello Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 07:22 PM)Shadow Wrote:
(11-30-2019, 02:54 PM)Apollo Wrote: Tiger

That is an excellent to watch and see how same tiger can look like enormous or "just big" depending on angle etc. Looks like to be approximately 230 cm, when standing on hind legs and stretched nicely. If assuming, that the person standing next to him is 180 cm tall. Of course depending height of that guy, that tiger could be estimated to be anything in between 220-240 cm while on hind legs. Big tiger, could be about same size as famous Igor from Odense zoo who was a 250 kg tiger or slightly more in his prime. But in his prime Igor looked to be more fit, not so much loose skin swinging under chest and belly as this one has.

I think Igor is much bigger (taller,longer and heavier by 50-70 lbs)This boy is big may be around 480-500 lbs.Any cat over 500 lbs is impressive.

I usually avoid unnecessary arguments, but that tiger is definitely more than 480-500lbs. 
Thats a big framed tiger, longer and taller.
Here is another video of him swimming with a woman.

I don't think so ,yes he is long but not tall and I would be suprised if he is above 500 lbs, above 100 cms.No offense :) he's not even close to 700 pounds and those are just estimates.This studbook amur male is the largest I've heard of.He weighs in at 622 pounds and 44'' tall at shoulders when standing (man on left is 5'11'' ,180cms) and way even bigger in frame than that hybrid male.

That video footage (Tiger and Woman in Pool) is odd and it exaggerates length of that tiger. It looks like that it has been filmed in different aspect ratio than what it is in youtube. Like it would have been stretched sideways.

When that tiger walks on the side of the pool it looks stretched and that footage looks odd. When calculating body length-shoulder height ratio it is almost 2,6 (body length divided with shoulder height.

Then in this photo same tiger and in this it looks quite normal tiger when looking at body length and shoulder height, body length-shoulder height ratio is around 1,8 (head/neck position taken into account).

Again in this photo same tiger standing on hind legs. Depending on the height of this man that tiger in that position stand around 230-240 cm high, which is big but not anything even close to what that warped video makes it look like.

Tom as they call him is a big captive tiger, but not looking to be abnormally long or big.  Looks to carry some "extra weight". Video was edited on purpose or by accident and result is very "stretched" tiger
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Gkumar Offline

(05-03-2020, 06:41 PM)Hello Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 02:46 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: This is an obese specimen, I wonder how much it weights, wouldn't be surprised if he's close or above 400 kg

The biggest lion at Taigan is 300 kg claimed Chuk.I believe he has the biggest frame(both long and tall) compared to other lions there.He is bit overweight and could be a 250 kg lion in perfect shape.

I think this lion named caesar from taigan safari park could've have been even larger in frame than chuk. I haven't seen him in any of the recent videos from their youtube channel, so not sure if he exists now. Here is the comparison pic of oleg with caesar and Chuk.who do you think is bigger?

Below is the video from which i took the screenshot of caesar.

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan

(01-22-2021, 08:59 AM)Gkumar Wrote:
(05-01-2020, 02:46 AM)OncaAtrox Wrote: This is an obese specimen, I wonder how much it weights, wouldn't be surprised if he's close or above 400 kg

The biggest lion at Taigan is 300 kg claimed Chuk.I believe he has the biggest frame(both long and tall) compared to other lions there.He is bit overweight and could be a 250 kg lion in perfect shape.

I think this lion named caesar from taigan safari park could've have been even larger in frame than chuk. I haven't seen him in any of the recent videos from their youtube channel, so not sure if he exists now. Here is the comparison pic of oleg with caesar and Chuk.who do you think is bigger?

In many recent videos, Oleg and his assistants (maybe?) who run the park said Chuck is the biggest lion there and weighs around 300 kg, Caeser is somewhat smaller.

India Hello Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-22-2021, 07:18 PM by Hello )

Caesar looks good in shape btw how old is he? and are they related? Both are roughly similar in height but Chuk (Young adult ,still he has some growing to do if not bulking.) looks bit overweight so Chuk's heavier (maybe).Estimates always vary among people so who knows?

Gkumar Offline

Don't know how old caesar is now, but looked to be in prime condition during 2016 period. I think he is probably dead as there are no new videos of him.

I found this russian article were oleg(safari owner) states that caesar weighs 350kg(obviously an estimation as actual weights could be much lesser) but it indicates that oleg perceives chuk to be not as big as caesar.

http://olegzubkov.blogspot.com/2016/07/blog-post_255.html
1 user Likes Gkumar's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(01-22-2021, 07:06 PM)Hello Wrote:

Caesar looks good in shape btw how old is he? and are they related? Both are roughly similar in height but Chuk (Young adult ,still he has some growing to do if not bulking.) looks bit overweight so Chuk's heavier (maybe).Estimates always vary among people so who knows?

If I'm not mistaken all lions at Taigan are Kruger lions, isn't it?

India Hello Offline

(01-22-2021, 08:19 PM)johnny rex Wrote:
(01-22-2021, 07:06 PM)Hello Wrote:

If I'm not mistaken all lions at Taigan are Kruger lions, isn't it?
Yes, they are Krugers and lionesses are massive!
1 user Likes Hello's post

Czech Republic Charger01 Offline
Animal admirer & Vegan
( This post was last modified: 02-07-2021, 06:40 PM by Charger01 )

Taigan

Hasan is smallest / middle of their siberian males trio

Here they said their bengals are bigger as well

3 users Like Charger01's post

AMG-DS Offline

(02-07-2021, 06:37 PM)Khan85 Wrote: Taigan

Hasan is smallest / middle of their siberian males trio

Here they said their bengals are bigger as well

The difference of 50 - 100 kg is reflected with respect to the largest specimens, Valdai the tiger and Caesar the lion. Now considering that captive Siberian tigers are known to weigh over 300 kg, we can safely say that those South African lions are some of the largest lions ever kept in captivity.

3 users Like AMG-DS's post

India OrcaDaBest Offline

Big skull on this young Male from botswana:

3 users Like OrcaDaBest's post