There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Excellent Wildlife and Nature Pictures

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Feb 2016

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

One more from the incident above

DRAGGING WILD BOAR ,................TO KILL
HEARTLESS KILLER
N N T R. FEB 2016

3 users Like Pckts's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

This is awesome jungle sighting from tadoba India.
Beautiful forest scene from India

Credit: Unknown
3 users Like sanjay's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

When Good Eagles Go Bad...
This Steller's Sea-Eagle has over powered a White Tailed Eagle mid flight. Even though the WTE is as big as a Fish Eagle its no match for the Steller's.

From our Japan Winter tour

6 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Snowy Owls 2016.
We have just completed our first safari for the year - Snowy Owls on location in Canada.
We had a great time and will share the pic of these most beautiful birds over the next few weeks.
Good luck to Ben Cranke that starts our Snow Leopard safari today in India - may those cats put up a show like never before for you and the 8 Tusk Photo adventure photographers with you..!

5 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

This image from our Pangolin Voyager Houseboat safari on the Chobe River - Northern Botswana.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(04-24-2016, 08:11 PM)SVTIGRIS Wrote:
When Good Eagles Go Bad...
This Steller's Sea-Eagle has over powered a White Tailed Eagle mid flight. Even though the WTE is as big as a Fish Eagle its no match for the Steller's.

From our Japan Winter tour

AMAZING!

We actually have a birds of prey thread if you'd like to post more info there.
Thanks
2 users Like Pckts's post

Ecology & Rewilding

@Pckts cool, I'll keep it in mind. Thanks
1 user Likes Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Wildlife photography contest winner features fox preying on fox

The overall winner of the Wildlife Photographer of the Year contest features a red fox exhibiting some unusual behavior in the Wapusk National Park, preying on an Arctic fox. (Don Gutoski)

Thursday, October 15, 2015
When Don Gutoski, an accident and emergency doctor in Canada, was wandering across the Wapusk National Park armed with his camera, he came across an unusual sight: an encounter between a red fox and an Arctic fox that had turned violent.

Gutoski waited three hours in subzero temperatures for the perfect moment between the two creatures, and the resulting photo of the red fox preying on the Arctic fox has won him the Wildlife Photographer of the Year award. Gutoski's image was among the more than 42,000 entries in the Natural History Museum of London's international contest, which has been held for 51 years. His photo will star in an exhibit at the museum beginning Friday.

3 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding
( This post was last modified: 04-27-2016, 01:02 AM by Sully )

I have a soft spot for foxes, not only because I get to view them almost every time I look into the street from my loft in the later hours, but that it's the symbol for my favourite football (or soccer) team. This is off topic but you may have heard of Leicester City, we are currently performing one of the best underdog stories (no pun intended) in the history of sport!

4 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

Immature Malachite Kingfisher with his catch op the day.

3 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

I haven't had a bird feature as my weekly theme for a while now. Time to fix that :)

Kingfishers have to be one of my favourite specie groups to photograph..!

Ecology & Rewilding

Namibia By Night Week:

A Parliament of QuiversTrees standing guard over the dark.

Hope you folks all enjoyed this weeks theme, have a good weekend - cheers Wim

Ecology & Rewilding

Namibia By Night Week:

Twilight Magic.
Deadvlei in that magical moment when there's just enough colour left in the sky at sunset and the first stars appear.

4 users Like Sully's post

Ecology & Rewilding

This week I share some of this year's ODP Safaris Japan tour images.
We had lots of snow which just made the images and opportunities that much better.
Japan still rates as one of my best wildlife destinations..!

Sika Deer - Hokkaido