There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crocodile and Big cats Interaction

United States Styx38 Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2020, 06:44 AM by Styx38 )

Leopard killing Crocodile in Wilpattu.

*This image is copyright of its original author

source: https://www.reddit.com/r/natureismetal/comments/c2y251/leopard_attacking_a_mugger_crocodile/?utm_content=title&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_name=9cae5aecb8484a619e3a7b951d6c2a33&utm_source=embedly&utm_term=c2y251

The original facebook post is saying it is an adult, but idk.
5 users Like Styx38's post

United States Stripedlion2 Offline

(10-16-2018, 07:51 AM)parvez Wrote: @Pckts There is no 1000 kgs difference between mugger and saltie. The biggest mugger and saltie may have difference of around 200-300 kgs i guess. The mugger crocodile machli killed was a 14 foot one. Your captive saltie is 5 metres, only 2 feet longer than the mugger. I agree salt water crocs have higher biteforce and are more aggressive but what a 150kg tigress can do can't a 300 kgs tiger kill a 20 feet croc? Even brother bear said machi killed a monster. Then much bigger tigers can clearly kill 20 feet saltie ofcourse not in deep water but on land but has the ability to steal salties prey in deep water. Ofcourse they may not be able to kill saltie in deep water.
The average sized male salt water crocodile is full grown is 17 feet 5.182 meters and around 1,000 pounds . The largest muggers are around 4.5-5 meters and max out at 700kg (1,543.2 pounds) now imagine the largest salt water crocs 18 feet or 20 feet. Lolong was a 20 footer and he weighed 2,370 pounds almost a 830 pound difference which is 376kg you were close. But still I don’t know if any tiger can handle a saltwater croc of that size a 300kg tiger if there is one is most likely to be found in northern India which saltwater crocs don’t live there so a huge 300kg tiger and a huge 20 foot salt water croc will never interact in the wild unless the tigers in the sundarbans and the other regions start increasing in size and start having 250kg+ monsters show up then it likely won’t happen but we can always hypothesize what could happen.
3 users Like Stripedlion2's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(07-10-2019, 08:18 AM)sanjay Wrote: pointed me about this video shared on FB, I uploaded it for our member on our YouTube Channel.

Please do subscribe to our channel and send your videos, so that we can share with WildFact community through Wildfact channel

Subscribe at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChER5zv...Lchh8mdYHQ

I'm just seeing this video, personally I really don't know what cat that is inside the caiman, I'm torn between an adult male ocelot or a jaguar cub. It has a rather large skull which leads me to believe it could potentially be a jaguar, but we know that carcasses tend to inflate and  becomelarger after sitting for a while, so I'm not ruling out an ocelot either. It's definitely not a jaguarundi or cougar, their skull shape is totalling different. @Dark Jaguar what do you think?
2 users Like Balam's post

Banned

Leopard fails to kill Crocodile. Tracker and driver must have told tourist that Leopards hunt Crocodiles from time to time in Sri Lanka.

Quote:Life time shot. Not only jaguars srilankan leopards too kill crocs.....many credits must goes to our driver ajith and tracker.

After a 1.5 hours croc get away with injuries
6 users Like Styx38's post

Banned

Leopard with Mugger (?) Crocodile kill in Yala National Park.

"We had a fantastic trip into Yala National park. visited here as part of our 8 day tour of Sri Lanka. We were lucky enough to see two leopards spotted by our guide, one where the leopard had caught a crocodile and was eating it, another leopard was crossing the track."

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserRev ... =254952950
6 users Like Styx38's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-09-2020, 10:06 AM by Dark Jaguar )

(08-08-2020, 06:55 PM)Balam Wrote:
(07-10-2019, 08:18 AM)sanjay Wrote: pointed me about this video shared on FB, I uploaded it for our member on our YouTube Channel.

Please do subscribe to our channel and send your videos, so that we can share with WildFact community through Wildfact channel

I'm just seeing this video, personally I really don't know what cat that is inside the caiman, I'm torn between an adult male ocelot or a jaguar cub. It has a rather large skull which leads me to believe it could potentially be a jaguar, but we know that carcasses tend to inflate and  becomelarger after sitting for a while, so I'm not ruling out an ocelot either. It's definitely not a jaguarundi or cougar, their skull shape is totalling different. @Dark Jaguar what do you think?

@Balam

imo Its an stocky adult Ocelot, Big adult Ocelots tend to have rounded heads, the shape and length of its teeth resembles me that of an adult ocelot's too, jags around that size tend to have upper canines in development a bit curved shaped.

However that shoulder built is very jaguar like.

I recall Crawshaw mentioned to me he knows a case of black caiman predating on jaguar cub but by the short info he was given with no many details he doesn't know if the case was completely legit.

I think its a large adult Ocelot but if it really was a jag cub it wasn't a cub much larger than Coragem Cerrado female cub.
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(08-09-2020, 10:03 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(08-08-2020, 06:55 PM)Balam Wrote:

@Balam

imo Its an stocky adult Ocelot, Big adult Ocelots tend to have rounded heads, the shape and length of its teeth resembles me that of an adult ocelot's too, jags around that size tend to have upper canines in development a bit curved shaped.

However that shoulder built is very jaguar like.

I recall Crawshaw mentioned to me he knows a case of black caiman predating on jaguar cub but by the short info he was given with no many details he doesn't know if the case was completely legit.

I think its a large adult Ocelot but if it really was a jag cub it wasn't a cub much larger than Coragem Cerrado female cub.

I was thinking the same thing about the canines, you can see that they are thin and not wide as in the case of a pantherine. Also, notice how the limbs are rather long, normally a jaguar cub will present an even more marked ration of height to body length, meaning that their libs will be shorter but stockier. I'm 80% sure it's an ocelot.
3 users Like Balam's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

yea that's an ocelot no doubt, the canines are are well developed a jaguar cub would have milk teeth at that size also bigger paws
2 users Like Rage2277's post

Banned

@epaiva Are the Crocodiles killed in Post #106 and #110 are 7 feet (2.13 meters) and above?
2 users Like Styx38's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(08-15-2020, 01:07 AM)Styx38 Wrote: @epaiva Are the Crocodiles killed in Post #106 and #110 are 7 feet (2.13 meters) and above?
@Styx38 yes they both look like the are well over 7 feet long
3 users Like epaiva's post

Banned

(08-15-2020, 01:38 AM)epaiva Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 01:07 AM)Styx38 Wrote: @epaiva Are the Crocodiles killed in Post #106 and #110 are 7 feet (2.13 meters) and above?

Ok, so what your lowest estimate of the Crocodile lengths be?

Highest estimate?

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(08-15-2020, 06:54 AM)Styx38 Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 01:38 AM)epaiva Wrote:

Ok, so what your lowest estimate of the Crocodile lengths be?

Highest estimate?
I estimate they are  close to 8 feet long
1 user Likes epaiva's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Jaguar predation on Morelet's crocodile in Mexico

4 users Like Balam's post

Bitishannah Offline

(08-15-2020, 07:52 AM)Balam Wrote: Jaguar predation on Morelet's crocodile in Mexico

Is that the adult female Morelets which was taken while nesting? IIRC?
2 users Like Bitishannah's post

Malaysia johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(08-15-2020, 02:25 PM)Bitishannah Wrote:
(08-15-2020, 07:52 AM)Balam Wrote: Jaguar predation on Morelet's crocodile in Mexico

Is that the adult female Morelets which was taken while nesting? IIRC?

Yes, these pictures had been posted before. Don't remember which thread.
1 user Likes johnny rex's post