There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-31-2023, 08:21 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote: the tichardt males how many are there left i only been seeing 2 ? if there only 2 they better be careful there alot stronger coalition out there that can take them out easily

Only 3 out of 5 came north to this area, 1/3 (limping one) either returned back while ago or he passed away.

Nothing on 2 remaining brothers who stayed in the former territory for quite some time.

So it might be that only these 2 left.

They are close to Satara boys (west of them) who had more numbers, 2 Trichards and Sataras already clashed few times in which Sataras "won" because of numbers. 

But recently Sataras dont come that far east, so for now Trichards are still territorial force in Signita Lembombo, especially now with beating other territorial coalition here.

But if Satara's chose to attack them, prob not much Trichards can do as only 2.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-31-2023, 08:39 PM)johnny rex Wrote: Can anyone identify the male lion below? Who is he?

Yes, its one of two s21 males.

They where territorial on s21 up to around 2020 -21, when they disappeared , 3 Mazithi/s79 males started to be seen on their territory around that time, so they prob defeated them.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Czech Republic Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Big question asked by a mon "on the ground"... Momentary impression, feeling, or durable effect ?

4 users Like Spalea's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-01-2023, 12:51 AM)Spalea Wrote: Big question asked by a mon "on the ground"... Momentary impression, feeling, or durable effect ?

My guess would be that it is likely a momentary impression, I think there has been several monsterous males over the years, going back a long way.

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(03-31-2023, 09:32 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 08:39 PM)johnny rex Wrote: Can anyone identify the male lion below? Who is he?

@johnny rex you posted this video in two threads, I have deleted one of them. Perhaps you have not visited the site in awhile, but we have some new rules in place, I invite you to peruse them. Thank you for your understanding, we hope you continue to enjoy the site. The rules can be viewed here:

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-forum-rules?page=2

Yeah, I'm not aware of this new rule and thank you for informing me. I haven't visited the forum for a while.
1 user Likes johnny rex's post

BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

(04-01-2023, 02:53 AM)johnny rex Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 09:32 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

@johnny rex you posted this video in two threads, I have deleted one of them. Perhaps you have not visited the site in awhile, but we have some new rules in place, I invite you to peruse them. Thank you for your understanding, we hope you continue to enjoy the site. The rules can be viewed here:

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-forum-rules?page=2

Yeah, I'm not aware of this new rule and thank you for informing me. I haven't visited the forum for a while.

Welcome back! We look forward to your posts!
1 user Likes BA0701's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(03-31-2023, 09:53 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:

Yes, its one of two s21 males.

They where territorial on s21 up to around 2020 -21, when they disappeared , 3 Mazithi/s79 males started to be seen on their territory around that time, so they prob defeated them.

Thanks, are there other pictures of this particular male lion? He looks like a good Southern African lion specimen.
2 users Like johnny rex's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

In the old days. Sightings were largely limited to what some hunters observed before culling the animal. 
Which however conveniently resulted in a corpse to measure. So there wasnt much room to exaggerate and error. If lions on average weighted X kilo, then that was it.

Today we dont do that. However there is still the old, my fav coalition is bigger than yours pissing contest
But without measurements. People can easily exaggerate or misjudge. So the lions grew in size.

In reality. The whole thing is nonsense as size is hardly a good measure of the strength and skill of a lion.
Lions that lead a lazy sedentary life profiting of the kills of others also tend to be bigger.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Gavskrr Offline

(03-31-2023, 08:21 PM)kobe8jf1234 Wrote:
(03-31-2023, 05:43 PM)Timbavati Wrote: End of a era for the Shish coalition. Who kill by the sword shall, die by the sword. That’s how life of a male lion is, ruthless, aggressive. But it never stop of amazed us. Have been following this coalition for years. It’s sad see the death of such a magnificent specimen, but that’s how nature works. Glad for the Trichardt males, they’ll spread they genes through the prides that used to be dominated by the Shish boys back in the day. New blood, which is excellent!

the tichardt males how many are there left i only been seeing 2 ? if there only 2 they better be careful there alot stronger coalition out there that can take them out easily

Trichardt: By the time I think the male with the problem in the leg must have passed, if the other two are alive is a mystery but I already consider different coalitions after so long apart.
They expanded to the side possible since in other directions they would find worse competition in numbers.
Satara males: Does anyone have any recent information on them? the only thing i know is that they had recent pups but even when they invaded trichardt territory both times they were at 3 instead of 7, not to mention one was reported to have a severe leg injury so it could be that their numbers don't are as superior as they initially appear.

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Xihamham died yesterday morning naturally. Didn't get euthanised
5 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

I only seen 2 lately on sightings of Satara males. But before one had a leg Injury but wasnt bad enough yet to die from that. Only 3 came east to challenge trichardt, which was enough anyway. Xihamham and bro had 5 young males coming from the north also. So now Trichardt will have those 5 young males coming from the North and Satara males from the East and South. So they aren't safe either
3 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(04-01-2023, 12:27 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: So now Trichardt will have those 5 young males coming from the North

Are those Old Sweni male and Nwanetsi sons?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Nsemani young male
Photo credits: Ricky da Fonseca

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Timbavati's post

United States widmerk Offline

(04-01-2023, 07:33 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The Nsemani young male

Where is he found?
1 user Likes widmerk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(04-01-2023, 11:04 PM)widmerk Wrote:
(04-01-2023, 07:33 PM)Timbavati Wrote: The Nsemani young male

Where is he found?
He was seen on the S40 road near Nsemani dam alongside with his father, the last Nsemani male also referred as the older Mbiri male born in 2011.
3 users Like Timbavati's post