There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahim Offline
Moderators

1/3 Rietspruit males, son of Zeus Karongwe.
Credit: Raiklight

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Brahim's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Iv done ids for the 4 Black dam males at Timbavati and the 5 Vuyela males, if people want them I can post
2 users Like Brahim's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

(03-31-2023, 02:56 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Iv done ids for the 4 Black dam males at Timbavati and the 5 Vuyela males, if people want them I can post
Yeah please...
Much appreciated..
2 users Like DARK MANE's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-31-2023, 02:56 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Iv done ids for the 4 Black dam males at Timbavati and the 5 Vuyela males, if people want them I can post

You can post it on " Lions ID's " thread.

I made that thread while ago, so we can have all ID's of lesser known/ hard to ID lions on one place, but almost nobody posted there for some reason.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Xihamham Shishangaan has been badly injured by the two Trichardt males. No sightings of his brother.

"Sometime during the night, a late summer storm set in on the grasslands to the west of the Lebombo mountains and became the final battle field for this male lion. The two younger males had been trailing the scent of this male lion for the past three days, roaring and challenging for his territory. Eventually due to an old injury this male lion sustained, he was unable to evade the pursuit of the two younger brothers during the night and he was cornered. Sometime in the early hours of this morning it seems that the two younger males attacked the lone male and further injured his spine, resulting in his back legs becoming paralysed. After which the two males moved into finish what they started, one male attacking from the front and pinning his neck to the ground while the other manoeuvred into destroy the genitals, confirming the old male will never procreate again. The paralysed and castrated male lion will now be left for the hyenas and nature to finish off what has been a 15 year reign of the central eastern Kruger National Park. Long live the King"
Credit: IJ Hendodo
7 users Like Brahim's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(03-31-2023, 04:17 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote:

Xihamham Shishangaan has been badly injured by the two Trichardt males. No sightings of his brother.

"Sometime during the night, a late summer storm set in on the grasslands to the west of the Lebombo mountains and became the final battle field for this male lion. The two younger males had been trailing the scent of this male lion for the past three days, roaring and challenging for his territory. Eventually due to an old injury this male lion sustained, he was unable to evade the pursuit of the two younger brothers during the night and he was cornered. Sometime in the early hours of this morning it seems that the two younger males attacked the lone male and further injured his spine, resulting in his back legs becoming paralysed. After which the two males moved into finish what they started, one male attacking from the front and pinning his neck to the ground while the other manoeuvred into destroy the genitals, confirming the old male will never procreate again. The paralysed and castrated male lion will now be left for the hyenas and nature to finish off what has been a 15 year reign of the central eastern Kruger National Park. Long live the King"
Credit: IJ Hendodo

Brahim....im deeply deeply saddened by this.   it breaks my heart to see this king in his last battle .   I dont follow Kruger lions very closely and dont know a lot of the histories...but not long ago Saulo was trying to eduicate me of the long long reign of these magnificent rulers.   RIP LEgend of Legends!!
2 users Like criollo2mil's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

I agree its sad though it is nature, we all know him, he's a legend and how impressive he was even at old age. Great loss
4 users Like Brahim's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-31-2023, 04:17 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Xihamham Shishangaan has been badly injured by the two Trichardt males. No sightings of his brother.

End of legend and era in this corner of Kruger, which lasted for around 10 yrs, which is remarkable.

Shishangaans where last of this "old" generation of Kruger coalitions born pre 2010.

I always put them in the same "era/generation" with Majingilanes, Matimbas, Avoca/Giraffes, Skybeds etc 

10 straight years od dominance is prob record (for what we know), which wont be breaked that easily.
7 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahim Offline
Moderators

Guys there said samparks are looking now and will probably euthanise him
7 users Like Brahim's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned

Small tribute to big boy ximhamham.

5 users Like DARK MANE's post

United States T_Ferguson Offline

(03-31-2023, 05:18 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Guys there said samparks are looking now and will probably euthanise him

That's very good news if they indeed do.  He deserves to go out with limited suffering after such and incredibly long life.
3 users Like T_Ferguson's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

End of a era for the Shish coalition. Who kill by the sword shall, die by the sword. That’s how life of a male lion is, ruthless, aggressive. But it never stop of amazed us. Have been following this coalition for years. It’s sad see the death of such a magnificent specimen, but that’s how nature works. Glad for the Trichardt males, they’ll spread they genes through the prides that used to be dominated by the Shish boys back in the day. New blood, which is excellent!
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Gavskrr Offline

(03-31-2023, 05:18 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Guys there said samparks are looking now and will probably euthanise him

I think it's a good measure to be adopted by the park, in some cases they leave the animal to chance so that it has its end. Rest in peace legend, with the physique that could still live many years in peace, I hope your brother is around
2 users Like Gavskrr's post

United States kobe8jf1234 Offline

(03-31-2023, 05:43 PM)Timbavati Wrote: End of a era for the Shish coalition. Who kill by the sword shall, die by the sword. That’s how life of a male lion is, ruthless, aggressive. But it never stop of amazed us. Have been following this coalition for years. It’s sad see the death of such a magnificent specimen, but that’s how nature works. Glad for the Trichardt males, they’ll spread they genes through the prides that used to be dominated by the Shish boys back in the day. New blood, which is excellent!

the tichardt males how many are there left i only been seeing 2 ? if there only 2 they better be careful there alot stronger coalition out there that can take them out easily

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Can anyone identify the male lion below? Who is he?

2 users Like johnny rex's post