There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Coalitions of Kruger National Park

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

@kobe8jf1234 would be good but realistically never would happen, all 3 have their own lioness still.
2 users Like Brahimlegend's post

DARK MANE Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 11-27-2022, 11:34 PM by DARK MANE )

Mantimahle young male.
9 users Like DARK MANE's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-27-2022, 11:34 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Mantimahle young male.

Isnt this the missing brother? I dont think its recent.
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-28-2022, 02:15 AM by criollo2mil )

(11-28-2022, 01:54 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(11-27-2022, 11:34 PM)DARK MANE Wrote: Mantimahle young male.

Isnt this the missing brother? I dont think its recent.

This is likely a repost.   Here is another sighting from February which is most likely taken Same tine. 

7 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

@Mwk85 asked me to share this post with you all. Seems the Mjejane lioness, mother of Mo's cubs, has passed.

6 users Like BA0701's post

Mwk85 Offline

(11-28-2022, 05:22 AM)BA0701 Wrote: @Mwk85 asked me to share this post with you all. Seems the Mjejane lioness, mother of Mo's cubs, has passed.

Thanks for the help, BA! In doing a little more reading into this I came across a comment left by author of the post stating that she found in terrible condition on Monday, the state vet was called and ultimately the decision was made to euthanize her. Author also states that he spoke with a couple of professional guides afterwards and they agreed it was the best thing to do.
5 users Like Mwk85's post

Super Moderator

(11-28-2022, 06:39 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 05:22 AM)BA0701 Wrote: @Mwk85 asked me to share this post with you all. Seems the Mjejane lioness, mother of Mo's cubs, has passed.

Thanks for the help, BA! In doing a little more reading into this I came across a comment left by author of the post stating that she found in terrible condition on Monday, the state vet was called and ultimately the decision was made to euthanize her. Author also states that he spoke with a couple of professional guides afterwards and they agreed it was the best thing to do.

Glad to help. Did the author, by chance, happen to explain why she was in such terrible shape, was she sick, injured in a hunt, attacked by something? Such a shame, I always enjoyed reading about her and Mo's exploits, they had each other and were getting by together, then trouble began. I haven't heard a whole lot on Mo lately either, since his last relocation, as I assume he was moved to an area with little traffic.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Mwk85 Offline

(11-28-2022, 09:22 AM)BA0701 Wrote:

Glad to help. Did the author, by chance, happen to explain why she was in such terrible shape, was she sick, injured in a hunt, attacked by something? Such a shame, I always enjoyed reading about her and Mo's exploits, they had each other and were getting by together, then trouble began. I haven't heard a whole lot on Mo lately either, since his last relocation, as I assume he was moved to an area with little traffic.

She had an injury to one of her legs but I'm not sure as to the exact cause of the injury, though. It would appear that she's carried the injury for some time as she was known as the "limping Mjejane lioness". I can only surmise at the moment that the injury became too severe that it drastically reduced her ability to hunt/scavenge for food. I'll update this if I'm able to get further information on the injury.
2 users Like Mwk85's post

Super Moderator

(11-28-2022, 09:53 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:

She had an injury to one of her legs but I'm not sure as to the exact cause of the injury, though. It would appear that she's carried the injury for some time as she was known as the "limping Mjejane lioness". I can only surmise at the moment that the injury became too severe that it drastically reduced her ability to hunt/scavenge for food. I'll update this if I'm able to get further information on the injury.

Thank you my friend, for that information. I didn't know if it was something new, or something she had carried with her, sounds like it may be the latter.
1 user Likes BA0701's post

Mwk85 Offline

(11-28-2022, 10:07 AM)BA0701 Wrote:
(11-28-2022, 09:53 AM)Mwk85 Wrote:

Thank you my friend, for that information. I didn't know if it was something new, or something she had carried with her, sounds like it may be the latter.

Reached out to the author and they informed me that she had carried the injury for about a year and believes it happened a hunt. Also noted that the hole in her leg in the beginning of the video is in fact the injury itself.
4 users Like Mwk85's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

Snip tail Mpondo & Hippo pools got relocated to Pafuri. Videos in this story 
https://instagram.com/stories/bushveldsa...DJmNzVkMjY=

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(11-30-2022, 12:18 PM)Brahimlegend Wrote: Snip tail Mpondo & Hippo pools got relocated to Pafuri. Videos in this story 
https://instagram.com/stories/bushveldsa...DJmNzVkMjY=

Is there any explanation why in Kruger the more north you go, its less lions?
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-30-2022, 03:51 PM by Brahimlegend )

@Tr1x24 Loads of lions were poisoned up in far north kruger parts theres barely or none survived. This guy sums it up on a previous relocation that happened in August with a lioness from Balule, not sure if she's still there though.

"Pafuri is an area where there are presently no resident lions, due to snaring & poisoning, as well as them straying across borders into neighbouring areas from which they didn’t return. The lioness had also not killed livestock when outside of Balule, which is important for an area like Pafuri which is adjacent to communities living on its Western boundary and on the Northern side of the Limpopo river."
5 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Brahimlegend Offline
Moderators

I asked the guide if there's any females he said ".yes, but only south of the levuvhu river, but they plan to release some females here soon.
4 users Like Brahimlegend's post

Croatia Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-01-2022, 01:28 AM by Tr1x24 )

@Brahimlegend so you are saying that reason are humans who live near by? Not good prospect for future if reserve doesnt monitor that area more.
5 users Like Tr1x24's post