There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Cerrado Jaguar

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

credits: in the bottom of the pic

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Leandro Vitorino

''Our female 2 passing by at dawn in Serra dos Pireneus - Goiás- Brazil''

2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Female from Serra dos Pireneus.

1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

First melanistic male registered at Central Panalto region 

Brasilia e o Bicho
2 users Like Balam's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Brasiliaeobicho

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

3 users Like Balam's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Captive sub-adults flexing their build, the jaguar is unique

1 user Likes Balam's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Male Dark Jaguar from Serra dos Pireneus

Leandro Vitorino

''Having the privilege of registering another jaguar (Panthera onca) in the Serra dos Pireneus - Goiás, this time a big black male (melanic). The jaguar is the symbol species of the Brazilian biodiversity. The existence of this animal means a healthy environment as it needs a large living area and a considerable number of natural prey.''

VIDEO
1 user Likes Dark Jaguar's post

Jaguar Enthusiast

Beautiful female from Serra dos Pireneus. She's IDed as F2.

Leandro Vitorino

''One more image of our female F2 walking by at the dark and rainy night at our studio of jungle at Serra dos Pireneus - Goiás.''

Jaguar Enthusiast

Xangô

credits: NEX

lionjaguar Offline
Banned

I think Cerrado jaguars are the third biggest jagaurs. Their maximum weight is probably 130kg, but overall length seems to be similar to jagaurs in the Llanos and Pantanal.
What do you guys think?

Jaguar Enthusiast

''Meeting'' Tiago for the first time and attacks risks.

''We've already ran into wild jaguars on the way many times during daylight around here, I myself saw Tiago which was that enormous Dark male Jaguar who died, I saw this male during early morning, he was on the road, I was walking doing supervision all alone without Zabelê (dog), then I saw him, he was towards Xavante's (captive male) enclosure side ''fighting'' Xavante who was inside the enclosure, and something very interesting happened as I was getting closer I couldn't believe it was a jaguar then I said ''did Xavante escape?'' and the wild male was positioned against the light and as that jaguar got Dark colour what I was seeing ''Dark'' was a regular Yellow jaguar in the backlight so it really looked like a Yellow jaguar, then I kept approaching more and as I was doing so thinking it was Xavante, then I saw Xavante on the other side, then I said '' Wow Its a wild jaguar'' and at that time we haven't put collar on him yet so I didn't know he was here in the area. Then the jaguar lowered itself a bit and came walking towards my side, Then I said, its not possible, he is really coming at me as if he is gonna attack me and at that moment I thought he didn't recognize me as a person, he thought there was something strange and came towards my side and at that moment as I was walking next to a fence I grabbed the fence and got ready to jump over the pasture fence but then I screamed at him, I raised my arms and I screamed a very strongly scream, a very masculine scream, and then the Jaguar raised back its posture, looked at me and ran off like a gun shot.''

''But I find important for the people to understand this, that it would be negligent of me to say ''don't worry jaguars don't attack'', No, the probability of it to attack you is very low, but the risk exists and we gotta be careful, specially with children because the children got a size/profile for the jaguar that it might confuse it to a prey and ''on the benefit of the doubt'' end up attacking.''

''Around 20 days ago one person was attacked in the Amazon, an old man who's still in hospital it was serious, he was fishing at his farm then the jaguar came from behind and almost killed him, he only survived because other people showed up to help, and he is a person who wasn't hunting, he is a farmer who likes and is protector of animals and there had this accident so its just to show that its an animal that on extreme cases may attack you and if it does its indeed dangerous because it can kill you.''

Leandro Silveira

Minute 38:32, 42:07 and 43:05 of the video bellow. ( IOP's live in December last year )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToDjkvKxCAI

Tiago male right after being collared.

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-23-2021, 02:55 AM by Balam )

Serra Geral do Paranã

New big male registered

Brasiliaeobicho

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Serra dos Pireneu

Unknown sex but likely a battered male

Likely a female

Leandro Vitorino

Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-08-2021, 06:02 AM by Dark Jaguar )

Looks Like Barranqueiro male is back.

I thought Barranqueiro was gone but it appears this is the newest fresh footage of him. I am glad this dude is back.

He is looking good as usual.

VIDEO
2 users Like Dark Jaguar's post