There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Big herbivores!

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

It was a stupid argument I agree, but this is things that happens to everybody on every forum. I actually like having disussions with pckts, because we both have strong therories and opinions and are really standing for it. And it's not like I don't like pckts we have heated disussions, but we also does have Nice and calm conversation's. 
I agree that this discussion where in The wrong place, but that happens on almost any thread, but Sanjay and Gaute isn't this a discussion forum? I feel almost everywhere it starts a discussion I feel someone says "You must stop this silly discussion".. Often the discussions are stupid, but if its in the right thread and related to the topic, I can't see why it's such a bad thing.. if it's so bad don't read it. 

I also can't see where we did not behave? It was just a discussion No bad words where said. 
1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 09-20-2014, 09:58 AM by GuateGojira )

(09-19-2014, 10:01 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: No offense Gaute, but you turned my Universe topic into a debate on the difference between Law and theory.
I suggest you take the same stance then. Agreed that we derailed this thread with the buffalo non sense, but you are hypocritical in your "scolding".
Look in the mirror before you are so harsh with your uncalled for judgement.

You are wrong here Pckts. I did not turn your topic, you did it. Read your posts and read mine, mi point was to show that some scientists are not willing to accept new ideas, but from no were you changed the way and start quoting concepts of “theory” and “law”. So I repeat, there was necessary to do that? Obviously not, but still, you did it.

In this case, there is no comparison, the topic “The Universe?” touch science and concepts, so is completely valid to take to point of acceptance or not of the new ideas, and if you actually take the time to read my posts, you will see that I always sustain the same point: modern Physic is mostly based in calculation, not direct and hard evidence, like you most of the time ask for. In fact, I ask, did you actually understand what those article say, or you are just copy-paste them? I don't, you do, actually do? As far I know, nor you or I are Physics.

There is no hypocrites here, just two completely different things. Talking of law and theory is in fact, tied to the Universe and science, but, what have to do “Hyenas” and “Sexing Buffaloes”??? That is beyond the compression of any person.

On the other issue, I repeat the same, you TWO always begin discussions that don’t produce anything. Pantherinae say that there are no bad words, but that will surely change. Is better to stop the fire when is small.

Finally, I was not harsh, just direct and simple, after all, this is not the first time that this happen here. Imagine an expert on Hyenas reading this topic, what do you think that he/she will say about your discussions??? Why you simple can't see what the other people think of these futile discussions??? Do you think that they will be happy reading all this nonsenses???

By the way, those hyenas DO killed those male buffaloes, it is "obvious" in the video. My doubt is IF those male buffaloes were healthy or were already sick or weak.

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-20-2014, 10:26 PM by Pckts )

I never said hyennas don't kill bull buffalos, they surely do.
I simply stated that there was no way to be so certain that the buffalo Pantherinae claimed to be a Bull, was indeed a Bull off of one small image where the entire body is covered by grass and water.
Simple as that.
Back to the topic at hand, no point in any more debating on this. 

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-21-2014, 02:58 AM by Pckts )

One lucky biker

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2017, 12:37 AM by Ngala )

I just discovered this site. Good information I'm thinking... http://www.ultimateungulate.com/index.html

2 users Like brotherbear's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Big Momma and her Calf

*This image is copyright of its original author

Bigcat Enthusiast

Beautiful Sambar and LandscapeAnjan's Wildlife Photography Page    
Sambhar Deer
Manas Tiger Reserve
India

One Horned Indian Rhino
Kaziranga Tiger Reserve
India

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Vivek SinghSanctuary Asia Follow · 3 hrs ·    
Kaziranga;The land of mystic majesty. 
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Maybe 2 Rhinos will have better luck against a large Tusker?Sonali DudhaneSanctuary Asia Follow · 13 hrs ·    ·  
Two Rhino getting together to deal with Tusker..
Kaziranga,Feb 15 — at Kaziranga National Park.

3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-30-2015, 11:54 PM by Pckts )

Rhino chasing motorcycles in city a Residential village in Nepal.
http://news.yahoo.com/runaway-rhino-kill...12091.html

Watch the video, its crazy to see this massive animal chasing motorcyclists through the main street.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Neha ParmarSanctuary Asia 2 hrs ·    
Bull fight. Kanha national park.
Photo: Neha Parmar Photography

Bigcat Enthusiast

Varun ThakkarSanctuary Asia Follow · 13 hrs ·    
Big boy from the land of wide angle's. Corbett.

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-28-2015, 03:37 AM by Pantherinae )

The most awesome herbivore of them all!

1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Bigcat Enthusiast