There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Skulls, Skeletons, Canines & Claws

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 02:09 PM by epaiva )

@GuateGojira @johnny rex
Measurements of Boneclones replica Siberian Tiger correspond to measurements number two of Skullsunlimited
383 mm L - 249 mm W

*This image is copyright of its original author

4 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(09-14-2018, 10:31 AM)johnny rex Wrote:
(03-05-2017, 05:10 AM)epaiva Wrote: Siberian Tiger Measurements of Canine teeth 

- Upper canine teeth 6,6 centimeters long

- Lower canine teeth  5  centimeters long

Can you re-measure the length and width of the Siberian tiger skull in milimeters? Because according to Bone Clones, the length is 383 mm (15.07 inches) and the width is 249 mm (9.80 inches). Skull height is 162 mm (6 1/2 inches).
@johnny rex
They are the correct measurements of Boneclones Siberian Tiger replica skull
2 users Like epaiva's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 04:45 PM by johnny rex )

(09-14-2018, 01:59 PM)epaiva Wrote: @GuateGojira  @johnny rex
Measurements of Boneclones replica Siberian Tiger correspond to measurements  number two of Skullsunlimited
383 mm L - 249 mm W

I don't know but it seems to me like the width of the Siberian tiger skull is actually just 229 mm (9 inches) judging from the picture above. Noted the farthest left of the measuring tape. It should be measured from 0, not 0.5 inch.
1 user Likes johnny rex's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(09-14-2018, 04:44 PM)johnny rex Wrote:
Measurements of Boneclones replica Siberian Tiger correspond to measurements  number two of Skullsunlimited
383 mm L - 249 mm W

I don't know but it seems to me like the width of the Siberian tiger skull is actually just 229 mm (9 inches) judging from the picture above. Noted the farthest left of the measuring tape. It should be measured from 0, not 0.5 inch.
Believe me it is 249 mm I measured it 3 times

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 05:01 PM by johnny rex )

Alright. Now for the estimation of the size of Lionzilla skull.

The skull width (bizygomatic width) of the Siberian tiger is three times the width of its frontal bone between the eye sockets. So, I take the width of the frontal bone of the Siberian tiger to measure the total bizygomatic width of Lionzilla skull using the picture that shows a comparison between them and I got something between from 10+ inches to 11 inches for the width of the Lionzilla skull. For the length, I got 16 inches or maybe a few milimeters more for the Lionzilla skull. So I think the size mentioned in the original page of the Lionzilla skull in ebay got inflated a little bit.

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 05:15 PM by epaiva )

@johnny rex
Tape measure and skull are making contact with the wall it is the best picture I can do, remember I am not a professional photographed and I am doing it on my own. Hope this one helps you to see the measurement

3 users Like epaiva's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 05:20 PM by johnny rex )

Thank you for the pictures, @epaiva. Really appreciated it.
2 users Like johnny rex's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

383 mm L - 249 mm W
Interesting, so this is the real size of the Bone Clones Amur tiger skull.

I am a little confused because the previous information in the webpage says something diferent, in fact I remember a post from you with that size of 39.3 L x 25.4 W., that is why I was 100% sure that this was the size of the skull.

Well, I think that I need to update my database. Thank you @epaiva.

In that case, I think that the lionzilla skull is the "extra-large" lion skull from bone clones, which is 39.3 L x 27.8 W according with they webpage.

Greetings.
2 users Like GuateGojira's post

Expert & Researcher

(09-14-2018, 04:58 PM)johnny rex Wrote: Alright. Now for the estimation of the size of Lionzilla skull.

The skull width (bizygomatic width) of the Siberian tiger is three times the width of its frontal bone between the eye sockets. So, I take the width of the frontal bone of the Siberian tiger to measure the total bizygomatic width of Lionzilla skull using the picture that shows a comparison between them and I got something between from 10+ inches to 11 inches for the width of the Lionzilla skull. For the length, I got 16 inches or maybe a few milimeters more for the Lionzilla skull. So I think the size mentioned in the original page of the Lionzilla skull in ebay got inflated a little bit.
Good calculation @johnny rex, but remember that like @epaiva pictures shows, there is always a distortion in the pictures caused by the difference of the distance of the skull and the cammera.

So taking in count your calculations and the diference of the distance, I am sure now that this is the extra-large lion skull and the size is 39.3 L x 27.8 W or 15 ½" L x 11" W. 

It seems that my appreciation on the canines was incorrect, my bad. Disappointed  Joking
1 user Likes GuateGojira's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 09:12 PM by epaiva )

(09-14-2018, 08:59 PM)GuateGojira Wrote:
383 mm L - 249 mm W
Interesting, so this is the real size of the Bone Clones Amur tiger skull.

I am a little confused because the previous information in the webpage says something diferent, in fact I remember a post from you with that size of 39.3 L x 25.4 W., that is why I was 100% sure that this was the size of the skull.

Well, I think that I need to update my database. Thank you @epaiva.

In that case, I think that the lionzilla skull is the "extra-large" lion skull from bone clones, which is 39.3 L x 27.8 W according with they webpage.

Greetings.

@GuateGojira
The first time I posted the skull I did not measure it I used the same information they have in the Boneclones page and my Friend @GrizzlyClaws explained me how to do it and I found out the real measurements of the Siberian Tiger skull
1 user Likes epaiva's post

johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 09:28 PM by johnny rex )

(09-14-2018, 09:09 PM)GuateGojira Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 04:58 PM)johnny rex Wrote: Alright. Now for the estimation of the size of Lionzilla skull.

Good calculation @johnny rex, but remember that like @epaiva pictures shows, there is always a distortion in the pictures caused by the difference of the distance of the skull and the cammera.

So taking in count your calculations and the diference of the distance, I am sure now that this is the extra-large lion skull and the size is 39.3 L x 27.8 W or 15 ½" L x 11" W. 

It seems that my appreciation on the canines was incorrect, my bad. Disappointed  Joking

383 mm is 15.08 inches. I think the length of the Siberian tiger skull is exactly at 15 inches or even one or two milimeters less. Look at this photo below @epaiva shared previously.

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 09:37 PM by epaiva )

(09-14-2018, 09:27 PM)johnny rex Wrote:
(09-14-2018, 09:09 PM)GuateGojira Wrote:

383 mm is 15.08 inches. I think the length of the Siberian tiger skull is exactly at 15 inches or even one or two milimeters less. Look at this photo below @epaiva shared previously.

It is over 15 inches long but I marked there so you can see the 15, I want to do it well it is the measurement I told you before today
3 users Like epaiva's post

Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 09:38 PM by GuateGojira )

It seems that it is 381 mm according with the picture, but I believe in @epaiva, so it is 383 mm, just like the largest Mazák skull, but is less massive.
2 users Like GuateGojira's post

Expert & Researcher

Thanks for the clarification @epaiva. Just one last thing, if is posible to you, may you measure the Condylobasal length of the tiger skull? It will be easy for you, but you need to remouve the mandible and take the distance from the frontal part of the skull (including the frontal teeth) to the exterior part of the condyle bones.

Believe me, it will be very usefull to update the database of skull.
1 user Likes GuateGojira's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 10:00 PM by epaiva )

It measured 385 mm