There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Birmingham Coalition Male Lineage

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-05-2020, 12:40 PM by Tr1x24 )

Styx male at MalaMala, Nkuhuma male was sleeping just next to him, but apperantly this is an older sighting:

Photo Credits : daniel_charles_bailey

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The young Nkuhuma male seen this morning at Londolozi, He is looking well feed 
Image credit: Dan Hirschowitz
Londolozi-Sabi Sands,posted 12/11/2020.

3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-11-2020, 06:56 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The young Nkuhuma male seen this morning at Londolozi, He is looking well feed 

Hope he finally finds Styx Male, they should be around the same area..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-11-2020, 07:19 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(12-11-2020, 06:56 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The young Nkuhuma male seen this morning at Londolozi, He is looking well feed 

Hope he finally finds Styx Male, they should be around the same area..

Let's hope so. I would like see them together once again.

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Torchwood Male, still roaming in someone's forgotten Kingdom....carefully wondering through, between the deadly rival males out there...very soon, he will claim this space and surely will defend it! 
Photo credits: Sipps

6 users Like Timbavati's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

(12-12-2020, 12:36 AM)TinoArmando Wrote: Torchwood Male, still roaming in someone's forgotten Kingdom....carefully wondering through, between the deadly rival males out there...very soon, he will claim this space and surely will defend it! 
Photo credits: Sipps

Such a handsome male. On the thin side, hopefully he can eat more

Salman B.A.M Offline

New here on this thread. Just wondering how many male children of Bboys are currently alive? I only know  about the Nkuhuma young male ( being so of Bboys ), who used to hang out with son of Majingalane, both fought the avoca boys in North, but later the young son of Majings died in weird circumstances.
1 user Likes Salman B.A.M's post

South Africa Slayerd Offline

(12-12-2020, 09:40 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: New here on this thread. Just wondering how many male children of Bboys are currently alive? I only know  about the Nkuhuma young male ( being so of Bboys ), who used to hang out with son of Majingalane, both fought the avoca boys in North, but later the young son of Majings died in weird circumstances.

1 son in the Nkuhuma, 1 son in the Styx, 1 son in the Torchwood and a couple of sons in the Kambula. The Bboys majority daughters. They have about 35+ cubs.
3 users Like Slayerd's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(12-12-2020, 09:40 AM)Salman B.A.M Wrote: New here on this thread. Just wondering how many male children of Bboys are currently alive? I only know  about the Nkuhuma young male ( being so of Bboys ), who used to hang out with son of Majingalane, both fought the avoca boys in North, but later the young son of Majings died in weird circumstances.

Above all, Welcome Salman! Hope you enjoy of this thread as we do!
As Slayerd mentioned above. 1 in the Nkuhuma pride 1 in the Styx pride and 1 in the Torchwood pride. The majority of the BBoys offspring lives on the Ntsevu pride. 
If I remember in the Ntsevu are 6 or 7 sub-adult males.

Salman B.A.M Offline

(12-13-2020, 11:10 PM)Slayerd Wrote:

1 son in the Nkuhuma, 1 son in the Styx, 1 son in the Torchwood and a couple of sons in the Kambula. The Bboys majority daughters. They have about 35+ cubs.

Thank You, appreciate it.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

A lot of people are overlooking Bboys, but those guys are on their way to catch Majingilanes in the lvl of success in terms of siering offspring in Sabi Sands, ofc if their Kambula subadults make it 1 more year to adulthood.. 

I did a bit of counting, and Majingilanes sired around 30 lions to adulthood, to atleast 3 yrs of age (maybe few more because i dont know how many females from Fourways pride reached adulthood, i know that theres 1 now). 

And Bboys are now around 15 (17 if you count 2 young Styx females who died earlier this year) and they still have 12-14 Kambula subadults, 1 Mhangeni subadult and 1 Tsalala subadult.. 

So theres still around 15 Bboys subadults who can potentialy reach 3 yrs of age soon.. If that happens they would be around the number of 30 just as Majingilanes.. And they still have new cubs been born in Kambula pride.. 

Majingilanes needed 8 yrs for that numbers, in 2021 when/if those subadults reach 3 yrs of age, Bboys would be dominant for "only" around 6 yrs . Thats very impressive.. 

When all set and done, Bboys might catch Majingilanes as most successfull coalition in Sabi Sands in recent times..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Majingilanes needed 8 yrs for that numbers, in 2021 when/if those subadults reach 3 yrs of age, Bboys would be dominant for "only" around 6 yrs"

It is rather just luck of being in right place at right time. Territory which they tookover - northern Sabi Sands is insanely rich in adult females. That is why I do think number of sired cubs is not really somethink I am too impresed with. One like Southern Avocas can out compete coalition of 3, secure territory for years and still sire just very few offspring and the others like Red Road or Othawa male can just get for free territory and big pride and easly sire planty of cubs. 

"When all set and done, Bboys might catch Majingilanes as most successfull coalition in Sabi Sands in recent times.."

Still MAjings are far ahead in other meassures like number of prides controled, number of coalitions chasse/defeated (just the remaind that they also chassed around Birminghams themselfs couple of times), or time of their rule (I think it is unlikely Birminghams wil get even close to 7 years rule).

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(12-16-2020, 09:29 PM)Potato Wrote: "Majingilanes needed 8 yrs for that numbers, in 2021 when/if those subadults reach 3 yrs of age, Bboys would be dominant for "only" around 6 yrs"

It is rather just luck of being in right place at right time. Territory which they tookover - northern Sabi Sands is insanely rich in adult females. That is why I do think number of sired cubs is not really somethink I am too impresed with. One like Southern Avocas can out compete coalition of 3, secure territory for years and still sire just very few offspring and the others like Red Road or Othawa male can just get for free territory and big pride and easly sire planty of cubs. 

"When all set and done, Bboys might catch Majingilanes as most successfull coalition in Sabi Sands in recent times.."

Still MAjings are far ahead in other meassures like number of prides controled, number of coalitions chasse/defeated (just the remaind that they also chassed around Birminghams themselfs couple of times), or time of their rule (I think it is unlikely Birminghams wil get even close to 7 years rule).

Well, luck is big part of the wild, but why do you think that they  "accidentaly" took-over that territory?? They certaintly didnt, they knew that that territory was rich with females and was worth competing for, so i dont think its pure luck that they took-over that territory.. 

N. Avocas control that area now, why they dont control Torchwoods like Bboys have? Because they dont have numbers to sustain it.. 

You mentioned S. Avocas, why they didn't took-over central Sabi Sands in 2017 in which where big prides like Kambulas and Mhangenis then?? Because they didnt have numbers to compete for bigger and better territories/prides.. 

So its not like Bboys where lucky to have that many prides on their territory, its more like that big coalitions are lucky for their numbers, so they can compete for bigger territory with more and bigger prides in it and eventually chance to sire more cubs.. 

In cases of smaller coalitions and alone males i agree, it comes to being lucky, be on the right place at the right time and avoiding bigger coalitions.. 

But bigger coalitions are not lucky to have big prides and big territory, they have it because they have numbers to compete for it and sustain it.. 

I agree that Majingilanes in other categories are far ahead, i was talking purely about success in raising offspring..
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

The Nkuhuma young male with the Styx young male seen recently at Londolozi Game Reserve. Screenshot from  Virtual Safari/Ultimate Game Drive Highlights No. 40 released on 19th of Dec. 2020

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 12-19-2020, 07:05 PM by Tr1x24 )

(12-19-2020, 06:28 PM)TinoArmando Wrote: The Nkuhuma young male with the Styx young male seen recently at Londolozi Game Reserve. Screenshot from  Virtual Safari/Ultimate Game Drive Highlights No. 40 released on 19th of Dec. 2020

Great news!

Besides that nasty injury on Nkuhuma, they are looking great and big..

Here si the video, from 19:10 min mark:

3 users Like Tr1x24's post