There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-07-2014, 10:34 PM by Pckts )

(04-04-2014, 04:24 AM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:
(04-04-2014, 02:30 AM)'Pckts' Wrote: Saturn

*This image is copyright of its original author

Great picture, do you have it in higher resolution? I will like to use it for a comparison. Joking

Rage posted it on the AVSA forum.

Sanjay made me a tutorial. Make sure when you view the image info, you copy the correct URL then just attach it and it should work fine.

Here is the tutorial

I have just made tutorial on how to insert image from any source
http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-how-to-i...this-forum

Credit to sanjay or Gaute (i forget which made it for me)
sorry

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

Bigcat Enthusiast

I cant wait to see Shiva in the next year or two. I wonder how he is going to match up to Waghdoh.

What a TANK the Kanha male is. Cant wait to see him grow as well.
There are some seriously large new tigers ready to take the reigns of the old rulers. It looks like the dawn of the new generation is coming soon.
We have already seen Bamera start to feel the pressure, I wonder how much longer until
Raja, Waghdoh, shivaji (if he is still alive) T24 etc. lose their territories.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Mr Waghdoh

Jai and his mate T4 feb 014

young king Jai 2014

Unis T19 march 013

kaziranga tiger jan 014

Saturn on the left and Leopard face on the right from the infamous "fight" that went viral sometime back. 

Yeda Anna in 2012,This is the last known male tiger to try his claw at Waghdoh. He failed just like all the others

Kaziranga tigress vs Asiatic Water buffalo

2 users Like Pckts's post

United States P Tigris Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 07:37 PM by P Tigris )

:dodgy:

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM by Rage2277 )

Kuwalji T42

animal enthusiast

young umred king Jai
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 02:45 PM by Rage2277 )

Unis carrying her cubs across the rajbagh lake

animal enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-08-2014, 05:25 PM by Rage2277 )

one of yoshila's(sukki pattia tigress) subadult daughters april 014

Bigcat Enthusiast

Awesome looking male from Nepal. He is a big boy, that is for sure.

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

Pattewala male

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 12:29 AM by Pckts )

Dear Tiger Lovers,

Today we have immense pride in introducing the most feared one of all, the Kuwalji Male, Fateh (T-42). Fateh in Hindi language means Victory. This is part 1 of his lifestory. Please take your time to go through his journey. Named after the Father of Ranthambhore, the late Fateh Singh Rathore, Fateh is known to possess a bad temperament. Fateh not only has a reputation of charging at vehicles, but also has the dubious distinction of charging a vehicle in hot pursuit for 2 Kilometres at a stretch !!!

Born in 2006-2007 in a litter of 3 cubs to Tigress Husnaara (T-30) and father Jhumroo (T-20), adulthood forced Fateh to separate from his family and travel all the way to the Devpura & Kuwalji area (in the southernmost fringes of the park) sometime in early 2010 to carve out a territory for himself. While his brother Surjan (T-43) chose an adjoining area, sister Sharmilee (T-44) was trans-located to Sariska.

Although known for poor density of ungulates / prey species, Kuwalji already had 2 young resident Tigers, siblings T-36 Male & T-37 Female. Presence of villages on the periphery and stray cattle in abundance had historically made Tigers of Kuwalji to almost survive exclusively on cattle diet. Male Tigers are fiercely territorial and Fateh is no different. In October 2010, he killed the resident male T-36 in a brutal fight and took over the territory. However, fate had something else in store for him. Stay tuned for part 2 of his story !
https://www.facebook.com/tigertrackersindia

T-42 showing his canines

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

There have been many debates on the differences between lions and tigers. Most, so it seems, agreed lions of large subspecies could be a bit taller than tigers of large sub species. My take is the difference between both is close to zilch in absolutes. Lions seem a bit taller because males in particular have a different posture. They also are a bit shorter. They could be relatively taller, but I'm not sure as there just are no data.

Anyhow. This post has a few photographs of well-known male Indian tigers. They were not known because they were exceptionally tall, but because they were impressive to many who actually saw them.

This is Raja. A tall tiger? Difficult to judge, but he seems more about muscle than something else.

Here he is again, now between two Jeeps.

For those not quite convinced about the length of his legs:

One more. Wagdoh also isn't known for being exceptionally tall. But he apparently is well over average:

The point I want to make is tigers, or more accurately, Indian wild tigers, could be on a par with lions in South Africa regarding leg length. If not, they are very close. Mental pictures often are a result of perceptions. Head length and head posture have a positive effect, whereas body length and stripes have the opposite effect.    

1 user Likes peter's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2014, 05:56 AM by GuateGojira )

Fully agree, from the data that I have compiled, the tallest specimens came from South Africa (mean of 104 cm). The tigers of Cooch Behar and Central India average 1 m at the shoulder, so the difference is of only 4 cm. However, overall, the lion is no taller than the Bengal tigers, after all, the difference is less than 2 cm!!!

Male African lions (wild specimens only):
* 107.1 cm (n=42) Ferreira & Funston (2010) – South Africa
* 101 cm (n=50). Range: 86-109 cm. Stevenson-Hamilton (1947) – South Africa.
* 97.2 cm (n=8). Range: 86-108 cm. Edouard Foá (1986) – Central Africa.
* 96.2 cm (n=14). Range: 81.3 cm-107 cm. Meinertzhagen (1938) – Kenya, East Africa.
* 92.2 cm (n=3). Range 89-96.5 cm. Edward Bennet (1914) – East Africa.
 114 cm Max. recorded in the Wild (Pitman, 1945).
Average: 98.7 cm – 101.4 cm only the larger samples.

Male Bengal tigers (wild specimens only):
* 109.3 cm (n=6). Range: 104-114 cm. Brown (1893) – Purneah, India.
* 103 cm (n=2) Range: 102-104 cm. Meinertzhagen (1938) – Southwest India.
* 100 cm (n=43). Range: 88-114 cm. Cooch Behar (1908) – Northeast India.
* 99 cm (n=42). Range: 91-112 cm. Brander (1923) – Central India.
 114 cm Max. recorded in the Wild (Cooch Behar (1908) – Brown (1893)).
Average: 102.8 cm – 99.5 cm only the larger samples.

3 users Like GuateGojira's post

India Vinod Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tiger T28 (Sitara), another tall specimen