There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-05-2015, 03:55 AM by Pantherinae )

(06-05-2015, 03:33 AM)'Majingilane' Wrote: Beautiful cat. I know little about tigers, but from what I've read here, he's one of the legends of the tiger world, right?.

to be honest I'm also more into lions also leopards although I'm still very hung up on tigers, but before I almost just looked and read about tigers, so I'm still a little informed about the tigers I made threads for here Wagdoh, Bamera and Munna where the first induvidual tigers I got really into so it's a little paniful to think they are all soon comming to an end, all well past 10 years...

Bamera is correctly a lengendary tiger, son of maybe even more famous B2 and grandson of Charger so it's quite the bloodline.  

3 users Like Pantherinae's post

India sanjay Online
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 06-05-2015, 07:01 AM by sanjay )

@Pantherinae , I like the Idea but I think its better suited to those who can write at least 10-12 pages about an individual tiger. Their story from birth to death(current). Why they become famous ?
Any story roaming around them? How many litters they produce? what famous fight they fought ? What is their ruling area etc...

Making a thread and posting only images doesn't make sense to me and off course to other members also.
Consider a new member join our forum and he have listen about wagdoh and also seen his images but he want to know more about him.
So an individual thread must full his quest about that individual animal.
In short, First gather lot of information about a particular individual and they make quality posts. Posting only images make the thread quality poor and I guess other mods will not compromise with quality of the wildfact.
The main aim of this website is to provide a quality information preferred in textual format.
4 users Like sanjay's post

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

Adding on to Sanjay's post, the tiger directory right now takes care of the level of detail (which is limited) of the life of individuals tiger. It's great that your trying to post content but let's keep it in the already opened threads, please.
3 users Like tigerluver's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

I agree, Tiger directory pretty much covers most of the specimens known to us and most of the entourage has pretty much followed Munna (2008-present) Bamera (2008-present) and Wagdoh (2011-present).
1 user Likes Roflcopters's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-05-2015, 03:54 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote:
(06-05-2015, 03:33 AM)'Majingilane' Wrote: Beautiful cat. I know little about tigers, but from what I've read here, he's one of the legends of the tiger world, right?.

to be honest I'm also more into lions also leopards although I'm still very hung up on tigers, but before I almost just looked and read about tigers, so I'm still a little informed about the tigers I made threads for here Wagdoh, Bamera and Munna where the first induvidual tigers I got really into so it's a little paniful to think they are all soon comming to an end, all well past 10 years...

Bamera is correctly a lengendary tiger, son of maybe even more famous B2 and grandson of Charger so it's quite the bloodline.  

Wouldn't he be the great grandson of charger?
I thought B1 and B2 were the grandson of Charger and B1 was the one who defeated and sent charger to his death.
Charger was a skinny shell of his great self when finally challenged by the mighty B1 though. Its in the doc, "Tiger wars" I blelieve.

2 users Like Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-05-2015, 11:01 PM by Pantherinae )

Charger is both the father and grandfather to B2, and it was never B1 it was always B2 who challenged charger, it was wrongly narrated in a documentary.
3 users Like Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 02:00 AM by Pckts )

Barsha ChoudhuryYesterday at 8:59amGo away its my tree T 64 from Ranthambhore 2014

*This image is copyright of its original author

2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-06-2015, 02:05 AM by Pckts )

A couple of more from the Youngster, T64Tiger Nation Page Liked · March 8 ·    
Krishna's son from her first litter - Akash (T64)
#Ranthambhore #TigerLove Shared by Aishwarya Gayathri
Dec 2014

Praveen Siddannavar PhotographyDecember 9, 2014 ·Tigers of Ranthambhore - This is T64 also referred to as Aakash, he is the first litter of the famous tigress T19 (Krishna) who is currently in the limelight at Ranthambhore, she is raising 3 beautiful cubs. I was fortunate to document the cubs as well. As per the information I gathered, Aakash -T64 was born in February 2011, he is almost 3 years old and a fully grown adult, it was amazing to photograph him on a hill top, he was seen scent marking his territory. Will share more images of him shortly, until then enjoy this full frame; light was against me but still managed this shot. Thanks to my friend Vijayarajan Muthu for helping me id this tiger...

Edit:
Added him to the Tiger Directory thread, I wasn't sure if he was already there or not.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover

(06-02-2015, 10:11 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(06-01-2015, 09:52 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:  Vinod AcharekarSanctuary AsiaFebruary 2, 2014 · These pics were shot in May 1986 at Tadoba (Katezari WH). As per the park authorities, this was the first clear & distinct photographic evidence of presence of Tiger in the park. We (Mr Vishwas Kunte, Mr Suresh Khobragade, a trekker from the forest department and myself) tracked this animal for three days on feet. We then built a small machan on a nearby small tree very close to the waterhole and our efforts paid when this magnificent animal entered the scene at 11:00am sharp.Those days were very tough for us ... economic as well as infrastructure wise. The only thing that we had in abundance was the willpower and the support extended by the Park authorities. We shot only 6-7 pics as we had only 3 rolls with us and had planned to stay for a week.I was one of the regular visitors to Tadoba since 1984 till 2001.Equipment: Pentax MX/Pentax 80-200mm, f4 + Vivitar 3x converter
Film: Kodak Ektachome 400ASA

Could this be the great, great, great grandfather to most of the males we see in Tadoba today?
Any info on this guy would be greatly appreciated.

Great pictures. Really historical

2 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Tadobatigerlover

(06-04-2015, 07:23 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote: Pench male Samraat may 2015

wow, he is so good looking. thanks
1 user Likes shaileshsharadnaik's post

Tadobatigerlover

(05-28-2015, 01:45 PM)'Vjedhe' Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:12 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(05-27-2015, 12:11 AM)'Rage2277' Wrote:
Jai 2015

Are you sure that isn't a bear?
[img]images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

@Vjedhe
I guess munna has been spotted recently, still looking good.

Thanks for posting munna is really looking nice.

Jai is really huge and beutiful specimen. thanks for posting,

1 user Likes shaileshsharadnaik's post

India Vjedhe Offline

April 2014

Attached Files Image(s)

7 users Like Vjedhe's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Dhiraj ZanvarTadoba Wild Images Follow · 9 hrs ·    
Face to face, eye to eye contact....jun-2015

Shailesh Naik this is huge katezari male

It looks like he didn't escape battle with Gabbar w/out some scrapes as well.

5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-16-2015, 10:09 PM by Pckts )

Atul DhamankarTadoba Wild Images 3 hrs ·     Tiger mating pair inside bamboo....
Tadoba TR , Maharashtra, India
Pls feel free to share......

Kolsa Pair
हेमंत मसुरकरTadoba Wild Images Follow · 12 hrs ·    
Waghdoh Male...
He has injuries on neck
9-Jun-15 — at Tadoba - Andhari Tiger Reserve.
Raghavendran Kandaswami Let us all come to accept that he is well past his prime. He will at some point be pushed further out deeper into buffer and maybe even finally out. Right now, he seems to be moving towards adegaon and will hopefully settle in for sometime. But two of his cubs who sometimes spend time with him are already seemingly finding space near the village, much to the worry of adegaon locals. Pugmarks of one very close to the village and frequent sightings are regularly reports by locals and tourists. In fact, pugmarks were found this morning near the village. As I see it, it is only a matter of time and that's not far away...
  •  Raghavendran Kandaswami He did kill a sloth bear last week and the kill was tucked a lil into the thickets from the waterhole and hence he was seen too regularly there. He also, apparently got into a fight with Pasha, as he is locally known, sometime over the weekend. He has not been sighted at the waterhole since then. The injury is certainly not grevious or serious and is like any regular injury during cat fights, especially the cuts and bruises and is well placed for him to keep it clean for it to heal.See More7 hrs · Like · 3

• *This image is copyright of its original author

@Rage2277 @Roflcopters
Who is the Pasha male?

Looks like Big Daddy is finally getting challenged, it was due to happen but I don't know if I'm quite ready to see him taken down yet.

3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-17-2015, 12:47 AM by Pckts )

An overwhelming feeling, admiration, fear, happiness grew by seeing the grand, extremely powerful.....Tiger called Namdeo calmy sitting. (bottom left corner)...The feeling started to sink in, as we were finally accepting the fact that we were few foot away from the animal. When suddenly the tigress called P3 arrived from the bushes. May 2015 TATR

Looked like he wanted to mate and she rejected ...a desperate scuffle took place and then there was a roar.... Fear gripped all of us in a moment. May 2015

4 users Like Pckts's post