There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

India SANTU D G Offline

Another image of t57 of ranthambore
6 users Like SANTU D G's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-10-2017, 10:40 AM by Rishi )

The king in decline.
Nontu the Great of Sundarban's Sajnekhali Sanctuary, then..

*This image is copyright of its original author

& now (Riddhi Mukherjee)..

7 users Like Rishi's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-05-2017, 08:49 AM)SANTU D G Wrote: Another image of t57 of ranthambore

Another great image, thanks Santu.
I have a question as well, I think you've discussed it before but I"m not positive, we are having a discussion on Ranth. Tigers compared to Tigers elsewhere and some feel as though they are larger in frame (height and/or length) compared to Tigers elsewhere, I was curious as to your thoughts on this?
2 users Like Pckts's post

India SANTU D G Offline

(11-06-2017, 10:21 PM)Pckts Wrote:

I have a question as well, I think you've discussed it before but I"m not positive, we are having a discussion on Ranth. Tigers compared to Tigers elsewhere and some feel as though they are larger in frame (height and/or length) compared to Tigers elsewhere, I was curious as to your thoughts on this?

Thank you for your comment.

I can't say that because I did not saw a tiger elsewhere yet(except RTR). But from the images I must say that Rant. tiger are not as bulky as of central Indians. They have a stout figure.But yes they are also large specially male tigers. a. e. FATEH T42. KUMBHA, and this t 57 also a handsome RTR tiger. And RTR tiger has much wider facial black stripes than central indians and corbett tigers. It is my observation.RTR tigers have long body as you can see from this image I took. They do not have fat belly.

Abhirup(SANTU) Dutta Gupta
7 users Like SANTU D G's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-07-2017, 01:43 PM)SANTU D G Wrote:

I can't say that because I did not saw a tiger elsewhere yet(except RTR). But from the images I must say that Rant. tiger are not as bulky as of central Indians. They have a stout figure.But yes they are also large specially male tigers. a. e. FATEH T42. KUMBHA, and this t 57 also a handsome RTR tiger. And RTR tiger has much wider facial black stripes than central indians and corbett tigers. It is my observation.RTR tigers have long body as you can see from this image I took. They do not have fat belly.

Do you have any plans to head to C. Indian Parks at some point?
3 users Like Pckts's post

India SANTU D G Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 11:43 AM by SANTU D G )

(11-07-2017, 10:45 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Going to Dudhwa on 18.11.17 and the next year have a plan to Bandhavgar.

Abhirup

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-08-2017, 01:00 PM by Rishi )

(11-08-2017, 11:42 AM)SANTU D G Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 10:45 PM)Pckts Wrote: Do you have any plans to head to C. Indian Parks at some point?

Abhirup

Wish you luck..

Do share your photos & experience as a thread, in the Vacations & Holidays forum.
3 users Like Rishi's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(11-08-2017, 11:42 AM)SANTU D G Wrote:
(11-07-2017, 10:45 PM)Pckts Wrote:

Abhirup

That's awesome, I really hope you have good luck in Dudhwa, I'd love to see some images once you're back.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 08:20 AM by Roflcopters )

Dominant male tiger from Nagzira, MH. monsoon/2017.

Same male - June/2017.

the massive Khursapar male of Pench, MH. early/2017.

Gulrighat male of Dudhwa zone 1, early/2017.

Kali - the son of Namdev/Saturn and Nak Katti from Tadoba. he controls Navegon gate, goes as far as Navegon buffer, budbudi, Ambepath and has been spotted around kimichua waterholes in Alijanja. his territory overlaps with two other dominant males, Narasimha and Matkasur. given that its been a few months now and Narasimha still hasnt been sighted. Kali might have driven him out of the area to control entire Navegon area. we will see how that goes. I hope Narasimha is just avoiding us and will show his face soon. October/2017.

Kali in Navegon buffer. October/2017.

Kali

Kali with Maya around Ambepath. May/16/2017.

Kali in Ambepath - May/2017.

Kali - early/2017.

Kali - after taking out Bobdya (old navegon male) and possibly Narasimha. Kali is right in his prime and expanding. early/2017.
11 users Like Roflcopters's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 11-09-2017, 05:23 PM by Roflcopters )

Chota Matka the survivor

last month, one of Matkasur and Choti Tara's 15 month old cub got into a full out battle with a wild boar and sustained serious injuries from the fight.

October/6/2017

he was found critically wounded on the right side near hind legs and the forest department was informed. they sprung into action quick and closed off the area to further monitor his movement and to provide aid if required. (more pictures below)

October/6/2017.

October/8/2017

after carefully monitoring him, the wound started to heal on its own and he was seen perfectly fit with no sign of other injuries.

recent video of Chota Matka

10 users Like Roflcopters's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Photo and information credits: Deepak Chaddha
Male tiger at its best.
Jaichand, Pauni.

10 users Like Ngala's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

look at the shoulder height of this guy and the size of his head, he's got legendary genes of Jai (father) Dendu (Grandfather) and Shamsher (Great Grandfather). when Jai went missing last year, a large male from Brahmapuri made his way to Jai's territory and started scent marking. the message was clear and just like many had anticipated. Jai's male cubs were more than enough to run him out of the park and now they run the show. unfortunately many members of this notorious family died under mysterious circumstances and majority of them missing.

Jai - poached
Veeru (brother of Jai) - missing
A mark tigress (mother of Jai) - died due to old age, she was 14 at the time of her death and was Dendu's mate for 8 years.
Dendu - king of Nagzira, ruled for almost a decade before he went missing.
Srinivasa (son of Jai and T6) - hacked to death, found buried in a farmer's field.
Bittu - (son of jai and T6) somewhere near Tadoba.
Bali - (son of Jai and Chandi) - nagalwadi range of Pench, MH buffer.
Barkha - (female cub of Jai and Chandi) somewhere near Brahmapuri.
Bahu - male cub of Jai, South Umred.
Jaichand - Pauni range.
Mala - (female cub of Jai and T4) - missing.
Raja - (male cub of Jai and T4) - missing.
Pawan - (male cub of Jai and T4) - missing.

I always wondered if 2.5 year old sub adult males were capable of establishing their own territory and now i have documented proof. similarly Jaichand (2.5 year old at the time) intercepted and defeated the much older Brahmapuri male. legendary genes will always prevail no matter who they are up against. Dendu ruling for a decade, Jai at young age defeated two big males of Umred to take over the entire park. A mark the mother ruled for well over a decade, Shamsher ruled Nagzira for over a decade and was rumored to be one of the biggest male in his days. more needs to be done to protect these tigers, they sit comfortably on top of the food chain and their dominance speaks for itself. perhaps one of the most legendary tigers from the forests of Maharashtra.

https://www.pressreader.com/india/mid-da...6844862379
3 users Like Roflcopters's post

United States paul cooper Offline
Banned

(11-15-2017, 06:48 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: look at the shoulder height of this guy and the size of his head, he's got legendary genes of Jai (father) Dendu (Grandfather) and Shamsher (Great Grandfather). when Jai went missing last year, a large male from Brahmapuri made his way to Jai's territory and started scent marking. the message was clear and just like many had anticipated. Jai's male cubs were more than enough to run him out of the park and now they run the show. unfortunately many members of this notorious family died under mysterious circumstances and majority of them missing.

Jai - poached
Veeru (brother of Jai) - missing
A mark tigress (mother of Jai) - died due to old age, she was 14 at the time of her death and was Dendu's mate for 8 years.
Dendu - king of Nagzira, ruled for almost a decade before he went missing.
Srinivasa (son of Jai and T6) - hacked to death, found buried in a farmer's field.
Bittu - (son of jai and T6) somewhere near Tadoba.
Bali - (son of Jai and Chandi) - nagalwadi range of Pench, MH buffer.
Barkha - (female cub of Jai and Chandi) somewhere near Brahmapuri.
Bahu - male cub of Jai, South Umred.
Jaichand - Pauni range.
Mala - (female cub of Jai and T4) - missing.
Raja - (male cub of Jai and T4) - missing.
Pawan - (male cub of Jai and T4) - missing.

I always wondered if 2.5 year old sub adult males were capable of establishing their own territory and now i have documented proof. similarly Jaichand (2.5 year old at the time) intercepted and defeated the much older Brahmapuri male. legendary genes will always prevail no matter who they are up against. Dendu ruling for a decade, Jai at young age defeated two big males of Umred to take over the entire park. A mark the mother ruled for well over a decade, Shamsher ruled Nagzira for over a decade and was rumored to be one of the biggest male in his days. more needs to be done to protect these tigers, they sit comfortably on top of the food chain and their dominance speaks for itself. perhaps one of the most legendary tigers from the forests of Maharashtra.

https://www.pressreader.com/india/mid-da...6844862379

Jai got POACHED?

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Photo and information credits: Anirban Roychowdhury
Show stopper
Mr X (Son of Bamera)
Bandhavgarh

10 users Like Ngala's post

India SANTU D G Offline
( This post was last modified: 11-27-2017, 03:36 PM by SANTU D G )

[attachment=1091]Another image of T57 of RTR. 

I have to inform all members of this forum that my DUDHWA trip was ruined by INDIAN RAIL , train departure  delayed 8 hrs. from HOWRAH. I have no choice but to cancel the trip.My rs.11000/- for the booking in DUDHWA totally wasted.I am very upset and angry on INDIAN RAIL. INDIAN RAIL has no commitment to its customer, and it gives no value of our time.

In the return journey from RTR my train was delayed 7 hrs. INDIAN RAIL becomes worst day by day.

So this is my last tiger sighting for this year due to extraordinary delay of INDIAN RAIL. I am ashamed of our railway system. SHAME ON INDIAN RAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached Files Image(s)