There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-09-2017, 01:53 PM by Apollo )

The new Matkasur male has facial resemblance very very similar to Saturn aka Namdev aka old matkasur male.
Kankazari male is definitely the son of Katezari aka Tyson male.
5 users Like Apollo's post

India pateluday Offline
pateluday
( This post was last modified: 03-20-2019, 11:00 PM by Rishi )

(07-29-2014, 04:39 AM)Pckts Wrote: "It is larger than Munna," the guide whispered."And in prime." Munna is one of the largest tiger seen in the Kisli Range and neighborhood. It is aggressive and does not give way to the jeeps at all. The Maua Dabri tiger was definitely larger and in prime being around six years in  age.          http://tigersafari.blogspot.com/2014/01/...tiger.html

This is Red Eye Not seen since more than a year. He could not overcome Munna the dominant male at Kisli Zone in Kanha National Park in Central India.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Who is this guy, looks to have slight damage on his eye.
Hes a huge boy though.
4 users Like pateluday's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-12-2017, 03:09 AM by Ngala )

Photo and information credits: Janardhan N Doraiswamy
"Its All in the Eyes...The Strongest one in the world are one who stands all alone and stare at the future T-57 - The Dominant Male Tiger of Zone 2,1&6 who has taken over T 24 Ustad's territory seen cooling of as the summer touches42+degree Celsius @RTR"

7 users Like Ngala's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Didn't know Machhli's last moments were recorded!!!..
1 user Likes Rishi's post

United States Garfield Offline
Banned

That's pretty sad, what was the cause of death for this tiger?
1 user Likes Garfield's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Ulhas Kalyanpur
The elusive n massive BHEEM
Bandhavgarh, Mar 2017

Anuraj Singh Kochhar
I Got sun on my back ... i am here to stay.....those who dot know me .....I RULE THE LAKES....(ranthambore T91)

Maithili Waishampayan Joshi
Yedda Anna May 2015

Rayees Rahman
Out from the bushes....both of stunned seeing each other

Kabini

Mrityunjay Kanwar
The Guy who don't need Introduction..
King with CAT mark.
T-17
Kanha.
oct15

6 users Like Pckts's post

Poland st147zar Offline

kingfisher's body.
5 users Like st147zar's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

He's huge!
3 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Zian Shirazi

It may not be the sharpest or best composed image but to me this image is a beautiful reminder of a dynamic and brazen tigress called "SOLO"
She reconfirmed my belief that anything amazing is possible in the jungle...... All one needs to be able to witness it is "patience and the belief that it can happen"
Tigers to me are mystical and in my mind this tigress can levitate
?

Zian Shirazi
"Mr X"

6 users Like Pckts's post

India Bronco Offline

that guy in the back should not be more than 5'5' (max 5'6')

Kingfisher's length is more than  twice the height of that man, is it possible? 

3 users Like Bronco's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(04-23-2017, 09:25 AM)Bronco Wrote: that guy in the back should not be more than 5'5' (max 5'6')

TBL can surpass that, I'm more interested in his HBL. 
He was a huge tiger, that's for sure.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2017, 11:03 AM by Rishi )

(04-23-2017, 11:26 PM)Pckts Wrote:
(04-23-2017, 09:25 AM)Bronco Wrote: that guy in the back should not be more than 5'5' (max 5'6')

TBL can surpass that, I'm more interested in his HBL. 
He was a huge tiger, that's for sure.

Do consider camera distance & angle!!
Measure the guy standing at his head, looks almost a centimeter (in fullsized image view) taller.
Still...Kingfisher should make it to 10'10" easily...
2 users Like Rishi's post

India Bronco Offline

yes if we make the guy stand next to KF's body, the vertical line will have to be increased proportionately but I don't know what would be the right proportion, so if we assume the guy's height is 5'5 & KF's length is just twice as much (& not more than twice) than yes  we are staring at a tiger that is 10'10 between pegs (now I don't want to believe this).
If we estimate the guy to be just 5'2 (which I don't think he is) than we get a length of around 10'4 between pegs, quite believable.  This makes KF as large as the Powalgarh bachelor.
1 user Likes Bronco's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 04-24-2017, 06:59 PM by Rishi )

(04-24-2017, 05:25 PM)Bronco Wrote: yes if we make the guy stand next to KF's body, the vertical line will have to be increased proportionately but I don't know what would be the right proportion, so if we assume the guy's height is 5'5 & KF's length is just twice as much (& not more than twice) than yes  we are staring at a tiger that is 10'10 between pegs (now I don't want to believe this).
If we estimate the guy to be just 5'2 (which I don't think he is) than we get a length of around 10'4 between pegs, quite believable.  This makes KF as large as the Powalgarh bachelor.

I was taken by surprise myself as well.

But the guy to the right isn't more than ~1-2foot away from his head (SEE THE SHADOW & the NO. OF LEAVES between them).

Chances of between-the-pegs length being <10½feet look slim to me!!!

Also, this is Bachelor...

People available for comparisons...

Bachelor's body is angled & Corbett stands PRETTY FAR BEHIND.
KF could actually be larger.
4 users Like Rishi's post

SuSpicious Offline

(04-24-2017, 06:26 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(04-24-2017, 05:25 PM)Bronco Wrote: yes if we make the guy stand next to KF's body, the vertical line will have to be increased proportionately but I don't know what would be the right proportion, so if we assume the guy's height is 5'5 & KF's length is just twice as much (& not more than twice) than yes  we are staring at a tiger that is 10'10 between pegs (now I don't want to believe this).

I was taken by surprise myself as well.

But the guy to the right isn't more than ~1-2foot away from his head (SEE THE SHADOW & the NO. OF LEAVES between them).

Chances of between-the-pegs length being <10½feet look slim to me!!!

Also, this is Bachelor...

People available for comparisons...

Bachelor's body is angled & Corbett stands PRETTY FAR BEHIND.
KF could actually be larger.

Well this picture of Kingfisher has opened up quite a few questions for us. Great info by everyone.

1. I still think the Bachelor is still quite large compared to kingfisher because of the size of head and the chest girth. This is my personal opinion but head on this is what I feel.

2. This should put to rest the claims made by many that Kingfisher was simply not very big but just a large belly tiger. We can see in the picture clearly that he indeed was a large tiger even with his big belly. 

3. Now that we all know how huge KF was just imagine what a tiger Umarpani is .That guy killed two prime males in KF and Bhima and didnt break a sweat. Forget all the debates about size but that tiger is simply one of the most determined bengal males out there. To kill two rivals and that too huge ones is one mean feet and I would love to see Umarpani now for all the courage he has put in into his fights.
4 users Like SuSpicious's post