There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

That would be very odd.
Either this is a misidentification or the coalition never split up in the first place and we for some reason missed all the times they were seen together in all those months..
I don't really see the pride be so accepting to the other Avocas returning. 

In any case, a proper reunion would be bad news. 
If the three will start spending all their time together. They will likely abandon one of the prides. Leaving them unprotected from groups like the PC males.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-17-2021, 11:58 PM)Tonpa Wrote: That's definitely DM?
Looks like him. It’s Dark-maned (IMHO)
3 users Like Timbavati's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-18-2021, 12:22 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: That would be very odd.
Either this is a misidentification or the coalition never split up in the first place and we for some reason missed all the times they were seen together in all those months..
I don't really see the pride be so accepting to the other Avocas returning. 

In any case, a proper reunion would be bad news. 
If the three will start spending all their time together. They will likely abandon one of the prides. Leaving them unprotected from groups like the PC males.

Looks like DM and not Blondie.. 

It doesnt mean that these guys visit each other regulary, because with WildEarth, that would be spotted, and they where not seen together on WildEarth since 2 years ago.. 

Mohawk/Blondie and Nkuhumas are recently back on Djuma, so Mohawk prob bump into DM and Talamatis on a kill and joined them.. 

I dont think thats reunion, as both Mohawk/Blondie and DM where seen on their own since that (that sighting was 5 days ago)..
2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Netherlands Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

They would still need visit regular enough for the Talamati to be so relaxed around them. Its not like you can just invite some bros over for dinner in the lion world afteral. 

Ultimately we are only seeing 2% of their time in those safaries.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-18-2021, 01:06 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They would still need visit regular enough for the Talamati to be so relaxed around them. Its not like you can just invite some bros over for dinner in the lion world afteral. 

Talamatis would definitely not be so relaxed if DM was not there and comfortable with Mohawk, lions sense that (he run away immidiately from Imbali and all Talamatis followed). 

And this picture is prob from the end of feeding, they might be together feeding for half a days as we know, so Talamatis got use to him, at the beginning things where not as chill prob..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States silly girl Offline
Banned

(10-18-2021, 01:06 AM)Duco Ndona Wrote: They would still need visit regular enough for the Talamati to be so relaxed around them. Its not like you can just invite some bros over for dinner in the lion world afteral. 

I do believe the photo is legit: Blondie/Mohawk and the Nkuhumas were recently seen in Djuma during this time frame, so for one of the males to join another's kill from his brother's pride doesn't surprise me - plus remember that DM besides being fairly chill- (not looking for a fight, i.e. running from the Imbali/S8 male) of late was submissive to Mohawk on their last encounter months ago, so if there was especially if there was enough meat to go around I don't think he would put up much stink vs. either brother. Also, remember that the lionesses of both of these Prides know all 3 males pretty well from their early ventures into Sabi Sands...Remember the recent siting of Purple-eye Nkuhuma joining DM for a bite of the remnants of a buffalo carass not too far back... If anything, they may cross paths more than we know, as you point at we see a small portion of their lives and especially small amounts of nighttime.
3 users Like silly girl's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

1/2 South Avoca males. 
Photo credit: Devine

*This image is copyright of its original author
9 users Like lionuk's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-21-2021, 01:22 AM)lionuk Wrote: 1/2 South Avoca males. 
Photo credit: Devine

*This image is copyright of its original author
What a incredible good looking male. The Southern Avoca coalition needs a lot of recognition. These two don't get much attention by many, due they weren't followed from close as the Northern Avoca males.However, it seems they did their job pretty well so far. Raised some offspring in the Plains camp pride and now fathers of numerous cubs in the Sand River pride. I hope someday they will stick around in Sabi Sands. Would be great hear more about them. Such a successful coalition...
6 users Like Timbavati's post

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-23-2021, 03:42 AM by Timbavati Edit Reason: Link fixed )

N. Avocas and Nkuhuma pride on a kill
Posted by Londolozi

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVVlQ03Lt-3/?utm_medium=copy_link

The [insta] and [/insta] tags seem to still not be working, im not sure whats the problem.
" target="_blank" class="post_link">
7 users Like Mdz123's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-23-2021, 03:26 AM)Mdz123 Wrote: N. Avocas and Nkuhuma pride on a kill
Posted by Londolozi

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CVVlQ03Lt-3/?utm_medium=copy_link

The [insta] and [/insta] tags seem to still not be working, im not sure whats the problem.
" target="_blank" class="post_link">

I fixed your link my friend.
7 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

Dark Mane and Mohawk on buffalo kill made by Talamati pride

2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(10-24-2021, 05:05 PM)Potato Wrote: Dark Mane and Mohawk on buffalo kill made by Talamati pride

Doesn't work, can you paste a link?
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-24-2021, 06:34 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(10-24-2021, 05:05 PM)Potato Wrote: Dark Mane and Mohawk on buffalo kill made by Talamati pride

Doesn't work, can you paste a link?

https://www.facebook.com/CheetahPlains/videos/268958705133267
1 user Likes Potato's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

Great sighting of these two. I hope they will join each-other again
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(10-24-2021, 06:59 PM)Timbavati Wrote:

Great sighting of these two. I hope they will join each-other again

I hope they will join up for good. DM would be better off with his brothers. That would be also better for Talamati pride if some new male(s) would takeover in form of either Imbali, PC males or Kruger males. Kambula and Nkuchuma pride as well would be better off with 3 Avocas together in charge.
2 users Like Potato's post