There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(05-04-2021, 03:58 AM)Gijima Wrote:
(05-02-2021, 11:05 AM)lionuk Wrote:

An interesting video on the Avoca males, Northern and Southern.

Is this male one of the Giraffe Males? 

*This image is copyright of its original author

Yes, that's one of the Giraffe male. He has a very distinctive bump on his left back leg.
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Venezuela titose Offline

Blondie north Avoca male sitting in the mist
Seen on the Mala Mala boundary close to Arathusa Safari Lodge
1 May 2021
By Diressh Parbhoo 

8 users Like titose's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Dark Mane Avoca looks great. May he stays strong and healthy with his pride. 

8 users Like lionuk's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

The boys in Elephant Plains 

7 users Like Tonpa's post

RookiePundit Offline

Poor Plain Camp males - they have been spotted multiple times on Simbambili - maybe thinking they found a nice empty spot void of competition to hang around and then Avocas returned nearby.
3 users Like RookiePundit's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

Mohawk making a move into MalaMala challenging the 2 Birmingham males left.

credits: MalaMala Game Reserve

4 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Romania Cath2020 Offline

(05-10-2021, 02:26 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Mohawk making a move into MalaMala challenging the 2 Birmingham males left.

What?!  I hope he's not as foolish as the OM to venture into BB's territory alone!  Where is his coalition partner?  At least bring him along.  The BBs may be 11, but they are savvy fighters, having already killed plenty of lions with their brothers.   Sometimes I think these lions have a death wish.
1 user Likes Cath2020's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-10-2021, 04:40 AM by Dark Jaguar )

(05-10-2021, 04:19 AM)Cath2020 Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 02:26 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: Mohawk making a move into MalaMala challenging the 2 Birmingham males left.

What?!  I hope he's not as foolish as the OM to venture into BB's territory alone!  Where is his coalition partner?  At least bring him along.  The BBs may be 11, but they are savvy fighters, having already killed plenty of lions with their brothers.   Sometimes I think these lions have a death wish.

I don't think Mowhak is gonna go in Depth into the Birminghams area all alone, I think he only made a step towards north trying to let them know his presence, specially Nhena who already had a recent encounter with him and it looks like a more serious conflict could take place in case the Avocas venture that area in depth, only time will tell, and now that the Birminghams are on ''fighting mode''... the lions dynamics shall get tense in the area.

here's what mala mala mentioned in the description.

''A Northern Avoca male lays down a challenge for the Gowrie males.''

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Thats an old sighting from a week or two ago..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(05-10-2021, 04:39 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(05-10-2021, 04:19 AM)Cath2020 Wrote:

I don't think Mowhak is gonna go in Depth into the Birminghams area all alone, I think he only made a step towards north trying to let them know his presence, specially Nhena who already had a recent encounter with him and it looks like a more serious conflict could take place in case the Avocas venture that area in depth, only time will tell, and now that the Birminghams are on ''fighting mode''... the lions dynamics shall get tense in the area.

here's what mala mala mentioned in the description.

''A Northern Avoca male lays down a challenge for the Gowrie males.''

As Tr1x24 mentioned, this it's an old sighting from a few weeks ago, I dare to say nearly a month ago too
2 users Like Timbavati's post

Abomai Offline

(05-10-2021, 04:19 AM)Cath2020 Wrote: What?!  I hope he's not as foolish as the OM to venture into BB's territory alone!  Where is his coalition partner?  At least bring him along.  The BBs may be 11, but they are savvy fighters, having already killed plenty of lions with their brothers.   Sometimes I think these lions have a death wish.

11? nah... they are past their prime, but certainly not old.

Venezuela titose Offline

The Northern Avoca males "Mohawk and Blondie"
#SabiSandsGameReserve
Africa Journey Nature Experience

8 users Like titose's post

lionuk Offline
Contributor

Dark Mane Avoca. He looks great.