There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(01-06-2021, 03:55 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Which avocas killed the Piva male leopard? The S. Avocas?

Yes i think so, that was beautiful male leopard.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Gijima Offline

A young Bigger Maned S Avoca (credit: Claire Trickett & joshvdploeg)

*This image is copyright of its original author

5 users Like Gijima's post

Hairy tummy Online

5 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Dark mane Avoca doesn't have a dark mane? This world is a lie

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

North Avoca males.

credits: Chris Taylor

3 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

One of the Avoca males tries to kill a hyena.

5 users Like Potato's post

Gijima Offline

(01-11-2021, 03:17 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Dark mane Avoca doesn't have a dark mane? This world is a lie

Lol, I feel that way about Kalahari black maned lions... some of them are really blonde!

Lone King... (credit: WE, Jan 11, 2021)
3 users Like Gijima's post

Rabubi Online

(01-12-2021, 05:50 AM)Gijima Wrote:
(01-11-2021, 03:17 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Dark mane Avoca doesn't have a dark mane? This world is a lie

Lol, I feel that way about Kalahari black maned lions... some of them are really blonde!

The suggestion that the Kalahari has only black-maned lions and that you only find them there is a huge misconception. Not all male Kalahari lions have black manes and not all black-maned lions are from the Kalahari (i.e. South Shishangeni male,  Makhulu Mapogo, Dark Mane Majingilane, the Charleston brothers, the Black Dam male, etc.).

Gijima Offline

(01-12-2021, 03:54 PM)Rabubi Wrote:

The suggestion that the Kalahari has only black-maned lions and that you only find them there is a huge misconception. Not all male Kalahari lions have black manes and not all black-maned lions are from the Kalahari (i.e. South Shishangeni male,  Makhulu Mapogo, Dark Mane Majingilane, the Charleston brothers, the Black Dam male, etc.).
Not suggesting that at all. I don’t think Tonpa and I were being that serious, plus even black maned lions tend to be pretty blonde around the face, which was the original point. : )
1 user Likes Gijima's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Blondie in his absolute prime :

Photo Credit : diaries of a nomad

He was not seen limping for a while now (more then half a year if im not mistaken) , so thats very good.

Im a bit suprised that still not 1 younger lioness gave birth, they are mating with them for quite a while now..

Also as they are approaching 3 years with Nkuhumas, will be interesting to see if those 2 will attempt to shift territory soon, which might happen when 3 younger lionesses gave birth..
4 users Like Tr1x24's post

Hairy tummy Online

4 users Like Hairy tummy's post

Rabubi Online
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2021, 06:00 PM by Rabubi )

(01-12-2021, 06:56 PM)Gijima Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 03:54 PM)Rabubi Wrote:

Not suggesting that at all. I don’t think Tonpa and I were being that serious, plus even black maned lions tend to be pretty blonde around the face, which was the original point. : )

Oh I see I've jumped the gun hahaha. My bad ?
1 user Likes Rabubi's post

Venezuela titose Offline

-Nkuhuma pride males-

One of the Avoca Males (Blondie, as they call him on @wildearthofficial) sits proudly atop a dam wall close to camp as the sun starts to gently cast its morning rays.
#SabiSands 
By: Kyle-Devrin Olivier

5 users Like titose's post

Brazil Dark Jaguar Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

The Avoca male with one of his daughters from the Talamati pride.

credit: Sipps Maswannganyi

8 users Like Dark Jaguar's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

7 users Like Potato's post