There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Avoca male lions

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 01:16 AM by afortich )

I agree with you @WildLeonis . 

Regardless whether DM survives or not from this, it is my impression that DM has been underestimated since going nomadic.
6 users Like afortich's post

United States WildLeonis Away

(11-18-2022, 11:28 PM)afortich Wrote: I agree with you @WildLeonis . 

Regardless DM survives or not from this, it is my impression that DM has been underestimated since going nomadic.

I think he’s been underestimated since breaking his foot back in 2019. Back then, some were sure he’d be dead in a month. Now here we are 3 years later and he’s still fighting. This might be his last fight but you can’t say he hasn’t proven himself to be pretty resourceful and resilient.
7 users Like WildLeonis's post

United States afortich Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 02:12 AM by afortich )

(11-19-2022, 12:52 AM)WildLeonis Wrote:
(11-18-2022, 11:28 PM)afortich Wrote: I agree with you @WildLeonis . 

Regardless DM survives or not from this, it is my impression that DM has been underestimated since going nomadic.

I think he’s been underestimated since breaking his foot back in 2019. Back then, some were sure he’d be dead in a month. Now here we are 3 years later and he’s still fighting. This might be his last fight but you can’t say he hasn’t proven himself to be pretty resourceful and resilient.

You're right. 
What impresses me the most about this lion is not only his resilience but he appears to be a little smarter compared to others. 

DM reminds me Makhulu mapogo and Notch from Massai Mara, which are two of the smartest lions we have in record. 
But what ever, if he dies, he will always be remembered.
6 users Like afortich's post

1ofCourage Offline

Meanwhile DM continues to walk towards his only hope for food.  One step at a time.
Now that's determination!
6 users Like 1ofCourage's post

United States BA0701 Offline
Super Moderator

DM has moved from where he was last seen, they are unsure where exactly he is at the moment, but will be looking to locate him and report their findings.

6 users Like BA0701's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

DM vs buffaloes, part 2:

2 users Like Tr1x24's post

Salman B.A.M Offline

(11-19-2022, 12:25 PM)BA0701 Wrote: DM has moved from where he was last seen, they are unsure where exactly he is at the moment, but will be looking to locate him and report their findings.

Wishing him a quick recovery. Hope he builds his own coalition with his sons, they seemed so close to him and he to them, but we will have to wait and see.
2 users Like Salman B.A.M's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor

In these conditions he probably couldnt have gotten far. So he likely is hiding in some bushes nearby.
1 user Likes Duco Ndona's post

SalemMagi Offline
Lunar Leo
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 08:33 PM by SalemMagi Edit Reason: Added text )

Wish we had a visual on him still but this update is better than no update I suppose~

6 users Like SalemMagi's post

United States BorntobeWild Online

It does not look good if he is hiding in the bushes. His instinct leads him to hide to avoid predators only he can't move anymore. Hope I am wrong.
2 users Like BorntobeWild's post

United States criollo2mil Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 10:27 PM by criollo2mil )

I’m trying to get corroboration.  

But I’m hearing DM has been found.   He succumbed to his injuries and has left us. 

RIP great King.   This boy was fighting and surviving till the very end.

Attached Files Image(s)

10 users Like criollo2mil's post

United States BorntobeWild Online

(11-19-2022, 10:26 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: I’m trying to get corroboration.  

But I’m hearing DM has been found.   He succumbed to his injuries and has left us. 

RIP great King.   This boy was fighting and surviving till the very end.

So sad.. RIP King Dark Mane.
5 users Like BorntobeWild's post

Tonpa Offline
Contributor

Yes, he has died

8 users Like Tonpa's post

Duco Ndona Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 11-19-2022, 10:48 PM by Duco Ndona )

https://www.facebook.com/groups/28590802...192978476/

Video announcement.

Its sad to hear. But it is also a relief. He was in a very bad shape and the days ahead would have been a torture. Each breath a fight against the pain. Always limping after a pride, hoping for atleast some comfort. Only to find that they moved on already by the time they got her. Thats not a life anymore.

Atleast we now get to remember him for what he was, a very strong resilient lion. And not for what he would have become.

Rest in peace boy.
13 users Like Duco Ndona's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Well, atleast he didn’t suffer for too long, there is no coming back from those injuries. 

I assume he couldnt breath anymore, as he struggled to do that, or died from internal bleeding. 

He will be remembered as "gentle giant" and truly impressive specimen in his glory, RIP. 

2 N. Avocas gone in a month..
10 users Like Tr1x24's post