There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Amur Tigers

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

her submissiveness..there must of been a male hidden in the bush
1 user Likes Rage2277's post

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author
amur tigress marking
5 users Like Rage2277's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 08-20-2018, 11:33 AM by Wolverine )

Tigress with two cubs have a dinner, Bikin NP:

Asiatic black bear is checking tiger's tree markings:

Curious tiger:

7 users Like Wolverine's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Bikinsky cat
ID № 3601
Author: Fgbu " National Park " bikin "
Location shoot: National National Park

4 users Like Pckts's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 09-14-2018, 11:17 AM by Wolverine )

Different folks of the wild Ussuri forest:

Tiger close to road between villages:

Tiger started entering regularly a village in Habarovski region, even entered the yard of old women from the village killing her dog and injuring the other one. Video explains that inhabitans of that village were really scared by this unusual behavior of the predator, local municipality forbided to locals to get out of houses during the night and students to go the school. Until the special unit comes and catch the tiger to find out the reason for this unusual behavior:

5 users Like Wolverine's post

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

(09-01-2018, 04:07 AM)Pckts Wrote: Bikinsky cat
ID № 3601
Author: Fgbu " National Park " bikin "
Location shoot: National National Park

This tiger looks huge. A beautiful specimen!
1 user Likes GuateGojira's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 09-28-2018, 11:55 PM by Wolverine )

Father, mother and a cub:

3 users Like Wolverine's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 06:01 AM by Rishi )

Hi!

I´m new here and just noticed this attached photo of tiger family. I wonder what do you guys think about the trees on background? There seems to be a pattern which recur too often, certain trees there all the time in same order, then some minor differences.... maybe someone used a little bit photoshopping but too lazy to do enough?

That just doesn´t look natural even though fine looking tigers. I am not sure if that photo now is visible or not, just learning how this site works....

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Shadow's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 10:30 AM by Rishi )

(10-04-2018, 03:37 AM)Shadow Wrote: Hi!

I´m new here and just noticed this attached photo of tiger family. I wonder what do you guys think about the trees on background? There seems to be a pattern which recur too often, certain trees there all the time in same order, then some minor differences.... maybe someone used a little bit photoshopping but too lazy to do enough?

That just doesn´t look natural even though fine looking tigers. I am not sure if that photo now is visible or not, just learning how this site works....

Your observation is correct. That images is a panorama of multiple seperate camera-trap images. As each member of the family passed the spot, they got themselves clicked.

4 users Like Rishi's post

Canada Wolverine Away
Smile 

(10-04-2018, 06:09 AM)Rishi Wrote:

Your observation is correct. That images is a panorama of 3 seperate camera-trap images. As each member of the family passed the spot, they got themselves clicked.

As remember, there are more cubs coming behind, but they are not shown, so the family is even biger….
1 user Likes Wolverine's post

Canada Wolverine Away

We leave in the age of fake news, with the advance of the IT technology probably soon will be not possible to distinguish among real photos and fake photos, among reality and ireality, so @Rishi probably Ancient Indian philosophers from Vedanta in the end of the day will turn to be right that everything in this world is only "Maya" (illusion).

Rishi Offline
Moderators
Tongue  ( This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 09:55 AM by Rishi )

(10-04-2018, 09:11 AM)Wolverine Wrote: We leave in the age of fake news, with the advance of the IT technology probably soon will be not possible to distinguish among real photos and fake photos, among reality and ireality, so @Rishi probably Ancient Indian philosophers from Vedanta in the end of the day will turn to be right that everything in this world is only "Maya" (illusion).

OFF-TOPIC: Don't continue

Maya actually can be best described as "unreal", not illusion, which can be misinterpreted as hallucination. (Language barrier, can't explain better)

Like you don't know while dreaming that everything around you is not real, only when you wake up do you realise. Similarly everything around you now is not real, in the "time before time" the universe was nothing & that's were it'll go back one the hourglass is drained. Think of the internet... one solar flare & everything we think exists could go *poof*
Every action one makes is for naught, like a stone in a river, it may cause a turbulence & the water finally flows again as if the stone never existed.

Seriously though, don't read Hindu philosophy.
Either it'll turn you into a careless bohemian, or a cynical nihilist.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 11:49 AM by Shadow )

Your observation is correct. That images is a panorama of multiple seperate camera-trap images. As each member of the family passed the spot, they got themselves clicked.

What I find odd, that there is snow on that one branch, it is there above the head of the adult male and then when that third cub is there. Female and 2 other cubs doesn´t have it there. And that snow is in the exactly same spot, so it makes me wonder if those photos are really taken at same time. If that would be something on the lens of camera, how come in exactly same place in with two tigers... and if that would be snow on the branch and tigers walking in this order, it should be really in every photo. 

I can´t be sure of course, but for me that looks like, that those tigers maybe haven´t been walking there in so same time as photo makes it look like. Or at least not in that order because male and last cub have that different thing there. Maybe a little thing and someone just have wanted to place tiger to this order for some reason :) I mean maybe tigers walked like this, but male tiger in reality walked behind that last cub.... then that snow on that branch would be logical to be in exactly same place. There are just so many fake photos about different things, that when seeing something special I happen to look closer to details.

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-04-2018, 12:19 PM by Rishi )

(10-04-2018, 11:32 AM)Shadow Wrote:

What I find odd, that there is snow on that one branch, it is there above the head of the adult male and then when that third cub is there. Female and 2 other cubs doesn´t have it there. And that snow is in the exactly same spot, so it makes me wonder if those photos are really taken at same time. If that would be something on the lens of camera, how come in exactly same place in with two tigers... and if that would be snow on the branch and tigers walking in this order, it should be really in every photo. 

I can´t be sure of course, but for me that looks like, that those tigers maybe haven´t been walking there in so same time as photo makes it look like. Or at least not in that order because male and last cub have that different thing there. Maybe a little thing and someone just have wanted to place tiger to this order for some reason :) I mean maybe tigers walked like this, but male tiger in reality walked behind that last cub.... then that snow on that branch would be logical to be in exactly same place. There are just so many fake photos about different things, that when seeing something special I happen to look closer to details.

Good observation, but incomplete one.

Take a look at the full set:

The first patch of snow over the male (one finger) is also present on the last cub & no other snap. 

Similarly there's a second snow that's just over the female (two fingers), that is again not present above the males hip nor the cubs.

I think that they did pass the camera-traps together, but not in that^ order. The male & last cub definitely went successively.
It probably wasn't snowing but was pretty windy, that made lumps of snow fall off branches & from higher ones to lower branches.

That's my take on the case... not fake but incorrectly arranged.

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(10-04-2018, 12:16 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(10-04-2018, 11:32 AM)Shadow Wrote:

Good observation, but incomplete one.

Take a look at the full set:

The first patch of snow over the male (one finger) is also present on the last cub & no other snap. 

Similarly there's a second snow that's just over the female (two fingers), that is again not present above the males hip nor the cubs.

I think that they did pass the camera-traps together, but not in that^ order. The male & last cub definitely went successively.  
It probably wasn't snowing but was pretty windy, that made lumps of snow fall off branches & from higher ones to lower branches.  

That's my take on the case... not fake but incorrectly arranged.

Yes, you made same observations, which I did and you managed to get the whole photo there, thanks! Pretty much what I think too, that these photos were modified in that way. I wouldn´t count out possibility, that russian photographer just wanted to put male there like a "brave leader", people can be funny sometimes for strange reasons :) Still what comes to photos and situations in wildlife I prefer to see photos and situations completely authentic. Wild animals act like they do, not as humans, so arranging animals in photos like this in "right" order :/ I think, that people are interested to learn how tigers act in wildlife, not to see as some "artist" wants to make it look like.

That panorama would be impressive even if photos in that order, when taken. I wrote already about that, but it vanished after I modified writing a little bit.