There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 2.4 Average
Animal Strength Feats

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(01-05-2019, 11:18 PM)Panther Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 10:54 PM)parvez Wrote: @Shadow Corbett was the one who studied tigers to the extent that few people can study them that way. He is also one of the respectable people whom you said you will believe. You can ask experts who studied tigers extensively in the indian wilderness. All of them agree that tigers have phenomenal strength. And also agree to the above mentioned incidents. Malaysian gaurs, as you can see in wikipedia page of gaur, average 1-1.3 tons. So exceptional specimens do reach 2 tons or even more. And jungle men can drag 150kgs without much difficulty. 13 jungle men could not move it. That itself makes the weight to atleast 1950kgs. Think practical you should get realistic figures and feats done by tigers. It is good that you don't believe unless you see them. But don't try to prove them wrong. Myths are made by humans for a reason. Only a lifeless man with no responsibilities will create or exaggerate feats not done by tigers. It is rare for humans to have such hardcore attachments and unreal imaginations for these wild beasts.

There's basically no way to stop this guy. Trust me! I've met him firstly on YouTube comments section. It's happened 500 replies man! No matter what other people telling him, he continues his lengthy essays as far as until you got bore and leave this topic. 

There's no perfect reasoning and nothing but same old "I'm not convinced"!

Vegeta vegeta, if repeating 500 times same thing and giving no proof really, how would it make something true? There is footage, explain to me, that how tigers can´t drag in videos relatively small animals even though Corbett writes, that they can drag and even carry so much bigger animals just like that for miles..... maybe these tigers are all suffering from some mortal disease making them weak?

Just give me some explanation, which makes sense. I can put here more videos for you if you think, that all so far have been fakes with captive tigers trained to look like unable to drag carcasses... Wink
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Panther Offline

(01-05-2019, 11:16 PM)Shadow Wrote: Well, I told why I don´t believe Corbett. And I don´t until I see something even closely matching something he claims. But it is possible, that he have exaggerated size and weights of some animals he mention. For instance if tiger would drag something 4 miles, that for sure is something small. 2 miles uphill... fairy tale if talking about big animal.

I mean really, looking those videos, where real tigers drag or try to drag carcasses against stories about many times bigger carcasses and tigers dragging them easily.... I really choose to believe my own eyes. I don´t think, that tigers would have lost 70% of their strength in last century or so. 

I have thought one possibility, if those 13 men were some smaller men, weighing 50-60 kg and no ropes to use, maybe that could explain, that they couldn´t move that carcass. 770 gaur and 15 meters wouldn´t be impossible for a tiger if big male, I think. But 2 tons.... no. As I said, I have never seen tiger moving anything that big and in videos tigers struggle with much much smaller animals. And 1+1 is still 2, no matter what Corbett say :) Have you read Tiger! Tale of Indian tiger by Kailash Sankhala and his criticism?

Your answer is as I thought, LOL. Well, do you know there are things called exceptions? 

We have basically no more than 5 videos of tigers dragging carcasses. And only 1 or two are adult tigers. In which only one is a male. But we have a handful of videos of lion dragging carcasses. The reason? Tigers live in dense jungle in which we can't record all its activities as we done for lions in open Savannah. 

I think the same goes here ! You got only 5, and basically 1 video of adult male (I'm not sure if it's adult). How do you think that's enough to claim some of the reliable witnessed accounts to be "unreliable"? Think again!

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(01-05-2019, 11:32 PM)Panther Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:16 PM)Shadow Wrote: Well, I told why I don´t believe Corbett. And I don´t until I see something even closely matching something he claims. But it is possible, that he have exaggerated size and weights of some animals he mention. For instance if tiger would drag something 4 miles, that for sure is something small. 2 miles uphill... fairy tale if talking about big animal.

I mean really, looking those videos, where real tigers drag or try to drag carcasses against stories about many times bigger carcasses and tigers dragging them easily.... I really choose to believe my own eyes. I don´t think, that tigers would have lost 70% of their strength in last century or so. 

I have thought one possibility, if those 13 men were some smaller men, weighing 50-60 kg and no ropes to use, maybe that could explain, that they couldn´t move that carcass. 770 gaur and 15 meters wouldn´t be impossible for a tiger if big male, I think. But 2 tons.... no. As I said, I have never seen tiger moving anything that big and in videos tigers struggle with much much smaller animals. And 1+1 is still 2, no matter what Corbett say :) Have you read Tiger! Tale of Indian tiger by Kailash Sankhala and his criticism?

Your answer is as I thought, LOL. Well, do you know there are things called exceptions? 

We have basically no more than 5 videos of tigers dragging carcasses. And only 1 or two are adult tigers. In which only one is a male. But we have a handful of videos of lion dragging carcasses. The reason? Tigers live in dense jungle in which we can't record all its activities as we done for lions in open Savannah. 

I think the same goes here ! You got only 5, and basically 1 video of adult male (I'm not sure if it's adult). How do you think that's enough to claim some of the reliable witnessed accounts to be "unreliable"? Think again!

So only adult male tigers can drag carcasses and are like 5 times stronger pound to pound than female tigers?

Panther Offline

(01-05-2019, 11:27 PM)Shadow Wrote: Vegeta vegeta, if repeating 500 times same thing and giving no proof really, how would it make something true? There is footage, explain to me, that how tigers can´t drag in videos relatively small animals even though Corbett writes, that they can drag and even carry so much bigger animals just like that for miles..... maybe these tigers are all suffering from some mortal disease making them weak?

Just give me some explanation, which makes sense. I can put here more videos for you if you think, that all so far have been fakes with captive tigers trained to look like unable to drag carcasses... Wink

Well, actually I proved my case both there and here. I think you're talking about yourself of repeating 500 times "I'm not convinced" essays. 

There are not many videos of tiger dragging carcasses to prove your point. None of them are adult males, LOL. 

So, again. Your videos doesn't supporting what you claimed. Let alone talking about mortal diseases.

Also..
"Just give me some explanation, which makes sense. I can put here more videos for you if you think, that all so far have been fakes with captive tigers trained to look like unable to drag carcasses... Wink"?
Your kind of sarcasm is actually worse! Sorry!

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 11:45 PM by Shadow Edit Reason: typo )

(01-05-2019, 11:32 PM)Panther Wrote:

How about this, that carcass is not so big, but is that adult male tiger?? It used also quite much effort to drag and carcass maybe 300-400 kg max.

Panther Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 11:51 PM by Panther )

(01-05-2019, 11:36 PM)Shadow Wrote: So only adult male tigers can drag carcasses and are like 5 times stronger pound to pound than female tigers?

That's makes no sense. What I'm saying is, you comparing feats of juveniles and females with records of adult male tigers pulling heavy carcasses and saying those aren't matching is ridiculous. 

You need a handful of videos of adult males to make such a claim!

Panther Offline

(01-05-2019, 11:42 PM)Shadow Wrote: How about this, that carcass is not the big, but is that adult male tiger?? It used also quite much effort to drag and carcass maybe 300-400 kg max.

After reading what @Pckts  said here...
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-big-cat...7#pid65227

I don't really think it's a adult male. 

Apart from that, no it's more than 430kgs. That's a adult female gaur..

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

Raja, a big male tiger drags the carcass of a small gaur cow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtvUYEcZEvo

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(01-05-2019, 11:46 PM)Panther Wrote:
(01-05-2019, 11:42 PM)Shadow Wrote: How about this, that carcass is not the big, but is that adult male tiger?? It used also quite much effort to drag and carcass maybe 300-400 kg max.

After reading what @Pckts  said here...
https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-big-cat...7#pid65227

I don't really think it's a adult male. 

Apart from that, no it's more than 430kgs. That's a adult female gaur..

So it looks like, that there is no footage, where tigers would show something truly impressive what comes to dragging carcasses. Some lions then again have showed, that big cats are stronger, than what could be thought based on tiger videos. I think, that these animals can drag something nearly a ton in flat surface for some distance. Of course everyone can believe what they want, it is just ok. But if someone finds something new, I hope that sharing it here. There is never too much good footage about these animals!

Grizzly Enthusiast

I believe that big cats can drag a carcass of considerable weight due not only to muscle-power but technique due to a supple spine. But, they do have their limitations, such as dragging a heavy carcass up a steep hill or for long distance.

Panther Offline

(01-05-2019, 11:53 PM)Shadow Wrote: So it looks like, that there is no footage, where tigers would show something truly impressive what comes to dragging carcasses. Some lions then again have showed, that big cats are stronger, than what could be thought based on tiger videos. I think, that these animals can drag something nearly a ton in flat surface for some distance. Of course everyone can believe what they want, it is just ok. But if someone finds something new, I hope that sharing it here. There is never too much good footage about these animals!

Based on the available data like that juvenile tiger dragging the heavy female gaur through rocks, tiger breaking buffalo necks, and based on data posted by @parvez about "tiger breaking rhino neck" it's still very impressive. 

But, its common that whenever you failed to prove something. You say simply "Of course everyone can believe what they want, it is just ok."!

Also I didn't understand your last word of...
"There is never too much good footage about these animals!"

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:07 AM by Pckts )

That's a good sized cow and Male Gaur regularly cross the 900kg threshold so a decent sized cow should be at least half that size, it's also freshly killed as well, meaning no stomach contents removed and he dragged it a good distance immediately after making the kill through very tricky terrain. It's an impressive feat for a young Male, you can see many new images and videos of him from this year and he's become a good sized Tiger. 

IMO, a very large Male Lion or Tiger should be able to drag 1000kg for a short distance if the terrain isn't too harsh.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Panther Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-06-2019, 12:09 AM by Panther )

(01-06-2019, 12:00 AM)brotherbear Wrote: I believe that big cats can drag a carcass of considerable weight due not only to muscle-power but technique due to a supple spine. But, they do have their limitations, such as dragging a heavy carcass up a steep hill or for long distance.

I really don't think this is a misinformation, @brotherbear !
In the below documentary, go to 12:56. Biologist Neil McCann mentions how the veteran tiger tracker, Peter Burn witnessed a tiger carry a 700kg Water buffalo up a steep revine!!
https://youtu.be/P9652D2f-HM

Grizzly Enthusiast

(10-24-2017, 11:36 AM)parvez Wrote: Strength of tiger, 

*This image is copyright of its original author

*This image is copyright of its original author

Let's all sit down, take a deep breath, and think rationally.

Grizzly Enthusiast

(01-06-2019, 12:06 AM)Panther Wrote:
(01-06-2019, 12:00 AM)brotherbear Wrote: I believe that big cats can drag a carcass of considerable weight due not only to muscle-power but technique due to a supple spine. But, they do have their limitations, such as dragging a heavy carcass up a steep hill or for long distance.

I really don't think this is a misinformation, @brotherbear !
In the below documentary, go to 12:56. Biologist Neil McCann mentions how the veteran tiger tracker, Peter Burn witnessed a tiger carry a 700kg Water buffalo up a steep revine!!
https://youtu.be/P9652D2f-HM

Panther, that's three-quarters of a ton!