There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Jungle Book Official US Teaser Trailer - april 2016

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 10:02 PM by sanjay )

Jungle book is scheduled to release in 2016, But I am great fan of whole jungle book series. I was watching it again on youtube. I was searching the main difference between Rudyard Kipling’s original jungle book and Disney version of jungle book. Since the upcoming movie is from disney so its obvious they will show the story of their version.
As I read I found there are lot of difference between these too.
The Kipling's story is more dark and close to human behavior.
The main difference is that in disney version there is no wolf pack who raise the Mowgali and adopt him as his member. There is no king louie in the Kipling's original story. There is no girl (Radha) whom mowagli get attracted. Kaa is good paython, who help mowgali and have no fear of any other animal including sher khan. In Disney version Kaa is bad python.
Also one of the main character called as Tabaki (Jackal) is missing from Disney version. Tabaki serve his master sher khan and help him in his evil plans.

The pack of wild dog (dhole) have been shown very aggressive and dominant and even sher khan fear them in Kipling's version.
In Disney version Sher khan is very powerful and no one can defeat him while in Kipling version he fears Hathi (elephant), Kaa and many other character.

The Indian animation version and Russian animation version are more close to original story of Kipling but Disney version is entire different.
I have watched the Indian version it has little different form kipling story but almost same.The noticeable difference in Indian version is that Monkey group is shown as minion of sher khan and help him to capture mowgali. Also in the end of story, they have shown a girl radha whom mowgali start liking. I think this is not added in Kipling's version.

You can read this blog post for more detail to know the difference between Kipling's story and Disney story.

https://dettoldisney.wordpress.com/2011/...gle-books/

I am waiting the release of Disney movie
2 users Like sanjay's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Jungle Book Official US Teaser Trailer - april 2016 - sanjay - 12-02-2015, 09:45 PM