There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Indian Leopard (Panthera pardus fusca)

Sanju Offline

Blank Panther. Kabini forest.

The face of a dream

Don't worry I am only a Black Panther

Dandeli, India
NikonMEA @thomasvijayan

Black beauty of nagarahole

from @bhargava_srivari - As the clouds thundered and rain poured down, the black ghost of the jungle stared straight at me.

Kabini, India.

Picture from @vijay_d_s - Prey and predator on move!!! Leopard and Chital stag...

Picture from @aadi_nagaraj_gowda - Balancing act.

The descent of a leopard . In a few seconds this leopardess climbed down a 30 foot tree without making even a sound. Picture from @callofthewildmumbai .

Picture from @raghu_gumballi - The Walking Stick..

Picture from @ramakrishnan_aiyaswamy - Branch Breaker!

When it comes to choosing a cozy corner for an evening siesta, there's no looking back; even if it meant to break a branch or two. Referred to as Torn Ears by my friends, this male leopard latched on to one of his favourite trees waiting for the rains to stop.
The #D500 won't disappoint you with its focusing, provided you have chosen the right focus points and are quick in toggling them. I will share a different image & share my views on its noise performance on my next post. © 2016 Ramakrishnan Aiyaswamy

Rare Gem..

Mouse Deer picture from @shujath.mohammed 

Video from @ranjan_sp - Majestic walk marking its territory and making some growl sound LEOPARD | KABINI | LAND OF LEOPARDS .

Picture from @yashasnarayan.photography - In the path of a big cat stood a giant !!

Picture from @kmg__photography - Leap of hope... Indian blackbuck .

The jackal fished this dead Carp out of the kabini backwaters.

Photographer :@shaazjung

The Gems of the heaven called KABINI !!
Scarface shaped my destiny, Cleopatra and her first born showed me the importance of family and unity, it was Torn Ears who taught me never to back down and Monk’s endless journey that allowed me to transcend time. These cats were more than just animals and were more human than most people, each with strong individual characteristics that helped shape mine. They are the leopards of Kabini and their lives will forever hold the most important chapter in my book of life.
As seen and told by @shaazjung @thebisonkabini .

LOL

Picture from @Vinay.mb.9 - A hyperactive little ball of spots.. Every now and then this beautiful place Kabini gives us an experience that changes our lives. Recently I have been lucky enough to have a couple of these experiences and each one seems to be better than the last. .......nothing more to say..:) Managed this shot with just enough light left.!

Monday’s be like this !!

A rare tete-a-tete between two unlikely buddies as a Malabar Giant Squirrel and a Grey Langur share a branch during a summer afternoon.

They had just mated, and walked in front of us before disappearing into the forest.
Picture from @i_am_rahulmenon

his is WILDKARNATAKA !!

Karnataka is a land of diverse flora and fauna. About 20.19% of Karnataka’s geographical area is covered under forests. The state is home to a large variety of fauna. Many of the fauna species found in the state are recognized as endangered species.

The mesmerising wildlife of Karnataka is one of the main attractions for tourists visiting the state.

Karnataka has a wide variety of habitats that abound with different species of mammals, reptiles, amphibians, birds, fishes and insects. It is one of the richest states in India in terms of wildlife. The exotic fauna of Karnataka varies from the grand elephant to the magnificent tiger.

The mountain ranges of Western Ghats are among the 34 biodiversity hotspots in the world. They serve as significant wildlife corridors in the state. They are home to unique animal species !!!
3 users Like Sanju's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Indian Leopard (Panthera pardus fusca) - Sanju - 01-30-2019, 04:15 PM
RE: The Leopard (Panthera pardus) - Pckts - 04-14-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: The Leopard (Panthera pardus) - sanjay - 04-14-2015, 11:42 PM