There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 12-29-2019, 12:16 AM by Roflcopters )

@Pckts @Pantherinae 

I don’t think i have much to add, i agree with pretty much everything. knowing fully well that each individual tiger is product of his environment. i think logically speaking, prey option seals the deal for me. Kanha on average does have the biggest males in Central India and that much is undeniable. this is the same argument i get when i factor in the males from Terai and Assam, they are bigger than all the others because of their habitat and bigger prey option available to them. it’s like the ultimate habitat. one thing i do want to add is that tigers in Tadoba’s core and Buffer are significantly different and it’s obviously linked to the prey density of the animals. core of Tadoba has a small number of Gaurs, on the other hand. the buffers have a sustainable amount of Gaurs to keep a dominant male busy and full fed. so if you look at the food consumption. say an average male from Kanha hunts gaur 2x a month or 3x and if a tiger from the buffers of Tadoba can top that. i don’t see a major difference in their overall build. It really all factors in the tiger’s ability to hunt, how often he hunts and how much food he consumes. another thing that you mentioned and i think it’s a big role in any tigers life. It’s the parenting, depending on the mother’s and the father’s gene, if they were fairly average. their offspring probably wouldn’t be too far off, give and take. I still think Dadyal, Shiva and a few others who have specialized preying on Gaurs are an exception to the rule, specially knowing their background. It gives me more grounds to speak on them. similarly i think Waghdoh who basically earned his stripes from preying on gaurs and it was a well known fact that despite being present in the core areas, he would venture out to the buffer areas to find his favorite prey item and as a result of that. he was a well seasoned male all year long and often appeared full-bellied and according to some. he was “fat”. 

Quote:CM is well above 200 kg. He’s not that big, but he’s still very impressive and not by any means a small tiger. They are solid and round bodied and does also probably weigh more than they look like. I talked with a guy called Minh Ha I don’t know how reliable he is and he is a Kanha fanatic, but he said CM had been weighed at arround 220 kg when he was quite young.(I do not have his excat quote right now) 

Minh Ha may be a fanatic but his knowledge on Kanha tigers is amazing. he’s done a splendid job over the years identifying individuals and keeping a tab on them. all the personal differences aside, i look at people for what they have done and how much work they put in. so if you look at him for what he’s worth. he has also provided people with additional information of the tigers that you normally wouldn’t find elsewhere on the internet. if CM did indeed weigh 220kg. I wouldn’t be too surprised. i saw CM and Umarpani’s fight and honestly. CM wasn’t all that small. 

either way Umarpani is a 250kg+ tier tiger. 
5 users Like Roflcopters's post

Messages In This Thread
ST2 tigress of sariska - Rage2277 - 04-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Backwater male march 2014 - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 10:00 AM
big male from nepal - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Backwater male may 014 - Rage2277 - 05-17-2014, 11:26 AM
Mahaman subadult may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-24-2014, 10:26 AM
Lyla T41 may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-25-2014, 05:39 PM
RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Roflcopters - 12-28-2019, 11:56 PM
Big Kaziranga Tiger - sanjay - 04-05-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Apollo - 04-12-2014, 07:26 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Apollo - 04-13-2014, 10:00 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Wanderfalke - 04-13-2014, 10:43 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Pckts - 04-15-2014, 02:56 AM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Pckts - 10-05-2014, 01:27 AM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Roflcopters - 10-09-2014, 01:28 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Pckts - 10-11-2014, 12:45 AM
RE: Wagdoh - Pantherinae - 06-05-2015, 01:48 AM
RE: Bamera - Pantherinae - 06-05-2015, 02:56 AM
RE: Munna - Pantherinae - 06-05-2015, 02:59 AM
RE: Bamera - Tshokwane - 06-05-2015, 03:03 AM