There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 01-15-2018, 07:26 PM by Ngala )

Photo and information credits: Hemanth Byatroy
My search for the MAJESTIC YET ELUSIVE has finally ended!!
I have been after the tigers for more than an year now. Wanted to imbue in the beauty and glory of these majestic animals.
The first sighting, which I missed was in Bhimgad wildlife Sanctuary during an Avifaunal bird survey for the forest department in April-May 2016.
As we started our early morning survey, we drove down from an Anti-poaching camp of Talewadi towards a village called Gavali, the road was very narrow and the jungle was very dense on either sides of the road. After few miles the road led us to a clearing which overlooked a beautiful valley, which adored with different shades of green forest trees, to add to this beauty the sky was filled with mesmerising morning colours, at this spot we decided to take a break from our drive and relish this sight! 
This turned out to be a mistake which we realised, after 8 minutes of commencing our drive towards Gavali, if not we would have seen the Tiger. Which was lounging on the middle of the road directly in full view of the camera trap which was set up by the Forest Officials inorder to monitor the wildlife in the area.
As I had not seen the camera trap before, I curiously asked one of the forest official who accompanied us, to check out the camera trap for images.
He took me to the trap area and removed the trap from its position and started accessing the images, for our surprise we saw a full grown female tiger sleeping on the road which was recorded just few minutes ago and some of the images showed her walking towards the camera trap inorder to disappear into the jungle behind.
I believe she had heard our vehicle's noise (Bolero camper, a diesel engine) which made her to move into the jungle.
This intelligence of the Charismatic Beast is what made me to search for it.
And finally the search ended this Christmas for me in Satpura Tiger Reserve. 
This tiger in the photograph is a Young Male which can be told by the pink nose which they have as opposed to the black nose which is common for a full adult tiger as I have been told by a naturalist friend in Satpura.
This was sighted by a great effort from our team, we peered our eyes in all the directions of the jungle and as this was last day of my jungle visit in Satpura, I had to make most out of it.
So we listened to the alarm calls of langurs, deers and sambars and constantly looking for the pug marks of the bigger cats.
We came across two pair of leopard pug marks which was fresh but confusing to decipher the direction in which they had headed, no luck in finding them, then we came across the tiger pug marks one among them stood out, as the mark was still wet, this told us that the king of the jungle is nearby and very close, to our surprise we didn't hear any alarm calls at all.
As we advanced further we came to a Y intersection, and we took the left road after few seconds we spotted the tiger which was casually walking away from us on the road and then it entered into the Nala (dried up stream bed) which cut through the road, we slowly advanced closer, at this point we parked the vehicle and the tiger was still walking away without being aware of our presence, after few seconds he heard our excitement and turned towards and snarled!! 
That's when i photographed this Majestic Beauty!!!!
After the threatening snarl which exposed it's well developed four canines, the tiger disappeared into the jungle. 
With this click, my search to this Charismatic beauty which is regarded as the king of the jungle has ended.

*This image is copyright of its original author
10 users Like Ngala's post

Messages In This Thread
ST2 tigress of sariska - Rage2277 - 04-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Backwater male march 2014 - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 10:30 AM
big male from nepal - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Backwater male may 014 - Rage2277 - 05-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Mahaman subadult may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Lyla T41 may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-25-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Ngala - 01-15-2018, 07:26 PM
Big Kaziranga Tiger - sanjay - 04-05-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Apollo - 04-12-2014, 07:56 PM