There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

India Hello Offline
( This post was last modified: 01-22-2020, 04:13 PM by Hello )

(01-22-2020, 04:03 PM)Apollo Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:51 PM)Hello Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 03:44 PM)Apollo Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 12:13 PM)Hello Wrote:
(01-22-2020, 09:52 AM)Apollo Wrote:
(01-21-2020, 05:42 PM)Hello Wrote:
(10-26-2016, 11:44 AM)Roflcopters Wrote:
(10-25-2016, 10:15 PM)Majingilane Wrote: From Nature Safari India, The Big four Males of Mukki, Kanha National Park: By Sharad Vats.

An unprecedented story has been developing in the Mukki zone of Kanha National Park. Mukki was never known for male Tigers. It was mostly home to Tigresses with cubs and some odd male Tiger showing up. The limping male (father of Munna), used to spend time in Mukki. After him no one really dominated Mukki until about 3 years back, when Umarpani male started showing a liking for Mukki. He is an unusually big framed Tiger. In particular his head is massive when compared to rest of the Tigers of central India. But lately the big four males of Mukki have become a talk of the Tiger world.

Bheema

*This image is copyright of its original author

But after Umarpani male spent about 2 years dominating Mukki, there was advent of Bheema. Then Rajaram, a.k.a. Kingfisher male, and finally Link 7 since last year started to regularly show up in Mukki. These four male Tigers have developed a liking for Mukki for reasons beyond anyone’s imagination. Actually Mukki is too small a range for four adult Tigers to co-habit. It has become a favorite pass time talk of all Kanha lovers that a deciding battle for supremacy of Mukki is round the corner. Everyone anticipated the monsoon of 2015 to decide this. But when the park reopened in October 2015 these four male Tigers surprised everyone by showing up within the very first week.

In 2014 and then again in 2015 there were a few skirmishes that happened between these Tigers. Some were more than simple alterations. People were still discussing Bheema and Link 7 exchanging some blows near Babathenga waterhole when Umarpani and Kingfisher fight went viral on youtube. I have never seen such a voracious fight between two adult Tigers. Few tourists who saw it had some sleepless nights.

Umarpani

One very interesting point worth mentioning here is how different male Tigers used Babathenga water hole. They had their favorite sides at the water hole where they would sit. And they made sure that they did not overstep their self defined boundary on the water hole.

The fight shifted from Babathenga to Umarjhola in summers of 2016. This time it was Kingfisher and Link 7. 2014 had seen emergence of Link 7 as a promising young Tiger. Also known as Chotta Munna, he was shaping up really well and was predicted to take over the legacy of his father. But his enthusiasm and aggression was no match for the girth of Kingfisher who gave him a run for his life. Kingfisher visited Umarjhola for three days to ensure that Link 7 left his territory. In the subsequent week Link 7 showed up again.

But this time everyone was surprised as Link 7 had seemingly lost a lot of weight. Was it because of the territory that he got confined to, the undulating terrain of Bada Chattapatra, or something else we don’t know, but he was visibly leaner.

Subsequent week, saw Kingfisher male mate with Mahaveer female, and she gave a litter towards the end of summers of 2016. It is predicted that Kingfisher should be able to save his cubs from Mahaveer who in the past has not been a good mother, though a great Tigress. Her past litter with Umarpani male did not survive.

Kingfisher, a.k.a. Rajaram

The best was saved towards the end of the season. This time it was the Minkur anicut which became the Tiger station. Umarpani male, Link 7 male, and Bheema chose to be present at this depleting water hole on the same day at different times of the day and at different locations in Minkur.

Reopening of park in October 2016, will all the Males of Mukki show up this year?

With park scheduled to reopen in less than 10 days, all the Tiger lovers of Kanha have their fingers crossed. Everyone has his favorite Tiger. And everyone is hoping that their favorite male Tiger is alive when the park reopens in October. I am eagerly looking forward to my favorite, the Umarpani male.

Last one year provided me some amazing sightings of Umarpani male, Bheema, and Kingfisher. But i am yet to see the Chotta Munna, a.k.a. Link 7, the son of Munna. I am very eager to capture him on my lens because firstly it will complete my collection of male Tigers of Mukki. And secondly i have been fortunate to click Link 7’s father Munna, and his grand father too, the famous limping male. So getting Link 7 male will give me 3 generations of one line of Tigers of Kanha.

See you soon, you Males of Mukki, or should i say handsome hunks of Kanha.

As a part of a comment below the article, there was this little pice added by Sharad Vats:

Mukki in Kanha never had so many adult dominating male Tigers historically. This is the first time when 3 male Tigers are of same age, and one is about 2 years younger to the rest. There are skirmishes often between the male Tigers for last two years in Mukki, but surprisingly all 4 seem to be in Mukki. Umarpani male tends to go out of the core of Mukki but does return to the core often. This season since the park opened on 1st October 2016, he has not been sighted till writing of this note. The other three male Tigers, i.e. Bheema, Chotta Munna, and Kingfisher have been sighted. I hope and pray that Umarpani male is safe whereever and soon he returns to reclain his territory. He is usually the shy one compared to the other 3. But the largest of the 4 as of now. This year though Chotta Munna has gained in size substantially, and both these Tigers have the same father, legendary Munna, so strong genes, and most likely it is a matter of time before Umarpani male shows up as well.

this was very interesting to read and i hope we get to sight Umarpani soon. also i disagree with Umarpani being the largest. he has the biggest head but kingfisher's overall bulkier imho. bheema is surely large framed, his weight fluctuates a lot so its hard to imagine him as a heavyweight all year long. Chota munna is still growing and he's a beast. my favorite are Kingfisher and Chota Munna out of the four.

Tfs

I believe Uma is dimensionally  larger of all.His son MB2 is at 125 cm over curves which is very tall for a bengal and Uma easily dwarfs him in weight,length and height .Kingfisher is bulkiest of all.@Roflcopters Which is the biggest Bengal in India according to your opinion

Umarpani was never the largest of the 4 males in Mukki. Both Kingfisher and Bheem were larger than Umarpani.
Bheem is the larger framed tiger of them all (taller and longer) and Kingfisher was definitely the heaviest of them all with its insane chest girth.

I mean dimensionally,Ok Kf and Bhim heavier than Uma.In frame size Uma and Bhim almost same

What you mean by frame size ?

Length,height,pelvic girth and rib visibility

When it comes to length and height Bheem is the biggest followed by Kingfisher and then Umarpani.
Umarpani is the smallest in length and height compared to Bheem and Kingfisher.
When it comes to chest girth, Kingfisher is the biggest.

Which one is Kf and uma in the video?

Messages In This Thread
ST2 tigress of sariska - Rage2277 - 04-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Backwater male march 2014 - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 10:30 AM
big male from nepal - Rage2277 - 04-08-2014, 05:21 PM
Backwater male may 014 - Rage2277 - 05-17-2014, 11:56 AM
Mahaman subadult may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-24-2014, 10:56 AM
Lyla T41 may 2014 - Rage2277 - 05-25-2014, 06:09 PM
RE: B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India - Hello - 01-22-2020, 04:07 PM
Big Kaziranga Tiger - sanjay - 04-05-2014, 10:32 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Apollo - 04-12-2014, 07:56 PM
RE: Big Kaziranga Tiger - Apollo - 04-13-2014, 10:30 PM