There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 12 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris)

Greatearth Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 10-06-2019, 02:43 PM by Greatearth )

BorneanTiger

I hope you aren't insulting. If you do, then nice try with attacking. Did you read my previous post long time ago? I am not Chinese. After I read what you wrote since last year, you have ABSOLUTELY NO knowledge in any conservation. I know you never worked on big cats or any animals before, just obtaining information in internet and old books that you can find in internet. You don't really have time to writing many posts in wildfact if you are doing any research on any animals. You don't know what you are talking about. I am sure you don't know and never spoke to any of top conservationists/biologists working on big cats. I am only going to answer few things from your posts.

You are right that religion never caused problem 100 years ago. Situations have changed now due to expanding knowledge on microbiology, biochemistry, medicine, medical, genetic, and many science and technology. All of dangerous things such as small pox and other deadly diseases controlling human populations were gone. We don't have problems with food after the agricultural revolution. Child mortality has become low unlike the past (many poor countries still have so many poverty and child mortality). All of these things have changed, and it's problem now. Religions are causing a lot of problems if you are ever involving in conservation. My most respected professors who used to watch all of animals in central america in the 1950-1960s. He actually watched that all of forests that he used to see all of endangered animals today in central america were disappeared due to expanding human population growth in central america (birth control is strongly against in catholic). A few older retired African conservationists I met who grew up (1950-1970s) with all of giraffe, elephant, wildebeest, cheetah, antelope, leopard, and many other animals were gone in Africa as well due to human population growth and poverty in Africa (the most of African believing christian and islam generally having more kids as well). All of christian missionaries in Europe and USA tried to convert native Americans/Australians/Oceanians after they colonized, bullied, genocid them. It is the past. However, this is still going on in South America, especially in Amazon rainforest. All of native Amazonians were the most important people trying to save the Amazon rainforest. They have their own traditional belief and life comes from thousands years ago. Their lives are changing once christian missionaries changed their lives. These people are normally becoming poachers or involving in crimes or involving in deforest companies after christian missionarires converted them into christian since they didn't received any education. The new president in Brazil who are deeply into catholic, want to clean the Amazon, and get rid off native Amazonians. You speak to many biologists and conservationists working in Amazon, they dislike christian missionaries a lot. John Chau death in the Sentinel island is another example. Religion isn't actually responsible? You proved that you DON'T KNOW ANYTHING about conservation since you NEVER worked in conservation.

The elephant in Botswana? You don't even know anyone who's working in elephant conservation or any knowledge on what's going on there. What are you seriously thinking to brought up this topic? I agree with ivory trade in Bostwana. My professor from Africa (he is 3rd generation of portuguese and american descents born/grew up in many different African countries who came to Angola to missionaries) also agreed on ivory trade. The Africans living with elephants have completely different opinion on elpehants. Elephants can be very dangerous, destroy crops, and random negative things to villagers. I even know one graduated students who were killed by elephants after they went Africa to study about them. And I am sure you don't know anyone who's working animals in abroad. The most people in wealthy country don't even know poor people's lives besides conservationists who's living/working animals in Africa/Asia. Poor people generally becoming poachers if they have nothing to earn money. That's why ivory trade can help them to save elephants. Poaching is generally decrease whenever Africa allows trophy hunt and ivory trade. This is even proven as research, but it's getting controversial that tourism can make more money. Of course I hate trophy hunting/ivory trade, but entire country that is doing successful in white rhino conservation is countries that allowed trophy hunting. I wish people just use money to save animals. Unfortunately, the most people are not willing to provide good money to save species if you look hunters in USA and Europe (I know this very well since I know few people who's keeping their trophy animals as specimen and on their wall in their living room). You obviously have no idea on any conservation besides reading stuffs in internet and books.

Your country (UAE), and other wealthy arab muslims are the most destructive countries for cheetah extinction in the east of central Africa. I know your country are keeping big cats as pets, but it's hidden in media since USA is getting all of bad image on this. In May 2019, CITES criticized China and your country bought 92 elephants from Zimbabwe for 13,500 to 41,500 dollars each (total 9.2 million dollars), which makes you and your country people are no different than Chinese if I use your logic. Elephants in Zimbabwe already surpassed its carrying capacity. Obviously, I believe Zimbabwe, China, and UAE did the right thing to help elephant conservation instead of wasting so much time and effort to requesting small grant money from Europe or USA to save elephants since I know truth inside of conservation. The problem is how would UAE and China would treat to those elephants, but we are talking about wild elephant conservation in Africa. It was also different story if it was animals like black rhino, pangolin, ...etc. You should rather be grateful to China since China received all of blame instead of your country after CITES criticized about this. Tigers were never ever lived in your country and I don't think you'd ever going to work on tiger anyway. You should rather fix your own country's problem on cheetah smuggling first just like you said "the fact that many people in China are responsible for the illegal trade in wildlife just shows how religion or a lack of it isn't actually responsible for that depressing situation."

This will be the last time I am going to answer your replies if you are attacking, because I am not going to argue, insult, or waste my time anymore to person who has absolute no experience/knowledge about conservation. Especially, there is no point of argue. You believe whatever you want.

Messages In This Thread
RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris) - Greatearth - 10-06-2019, 02:15 PM
Demythologizing T16 - tigerluver - 04-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-29-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - peter - 07-29-2014, 07:05 AM
Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-04-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Pckts - 09-04-2014, 02:22 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-05-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 02-19-2015, 11:25 PM