There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 12 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris)

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 03-09-2015, 10:04 AM by GuateGojira )

(03-09-2015, 01:29 AM)'WaveRiders' Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 11:09 PM)'GuateGojira' Wrote:  
2. Nepal tigers:
The “official” source on the size of the Nepalese tigers, from modern studies, is the document of Dr Sunquist of 1981, published by the Smithsonian institute, but sadly, the method of measurement is not stated. Now, we have this document which according with Waverider was a thesis from Tamang, where it mentions all the other measurements. I asked to Dr Sunquist where is this data published and he told me that he doesn’t know, but that the measurements were correct and that I could quote them.

Latter, in other conversations, already showed by me, Dr Sunquist stated that those tigers were measured in straight line, not over the curves, and this answer was stated to three different people, including me. @WaveRiders, in his hypocrite attitude decided to dismiss all the personal communications without any reason and in a coward move, he only said that he will not contact Dr Sunquist because he simply don’t want to. Dr Sunquist is a great person and NEVER left a question without an answer, Bold Champ and I literally “flooded” him with questions and he always answer it without any complain, even at this day! There is no reason to not ask him about this, so I think that Waveriders decision is more related with “pride” than with “science”.

I asked to Dr Sunquist where is this data published and he told me that he doesn’t know, but that the measurements were correct and that I could quote them

I have not Sunquist's Wild Cats of the World book at hand right now but I do recall by memory that Tamang thesis is also cited among the references. In any case it is bizarre that Sunquist confirmed the data but not the source of a student he has been a supervisor in his PhD thesis.

I have now read GuateGojira post and once again he confirmed me his attitude to offend people with no reason demonstrating once again what kind of man he is, how good as a  Moderator he is and how AVA collapsed after he started to be around for a few years despite it had happily survived for a decade or so without him.

He can only offend in a forum because he has no scientific arguments and only bizarre interpretations. I should not even bother in my position to consider an adult man with such an avatar, but he offends and I am a bit hot blooded. I therefore invite @sanjay and @peter to contact him before things will start to escalate and I guarantee that if he will offend again things will escalate.

I received an e-mail on 1[sup]st[/sup] March from a high level source some of you continuously mention. I decided not to post it as I do not like the idea to post private e-mail contents in a forum as I never did. I also have friends who know this high level source and I do not want to appear the kind of amateur asking a question and then post the answer in a forum as in life I am a high level and well respected professional. I will have to ask apologies to this high level source and I hope he will understand why I will do it.

I also did not want to give the feeling I am always counter-swimming the stream of this community and I finally thought there is no way to discuss seriously and constructively why is this the reality and not the bizarre interpretation of another person mind of the kind of Karanth provided by GuateGojira.

Now I made the decision to post the e-mail contents.

WaveRiders

I have not "insulted" you, but just like you call me "fanatic" in a "direct" post without any reason, just because I asked opinions about a single picture, well now I named you hypocrite, I treat you just like you treat me. There is no shame in defend my self, and if you want, I can quote the post when you began to attack me, so I answered to you in your own way.

However, at difference than you, I don't trow the stone and hide the hand. I accept what I do, but you simply hit someone in the face and latter run away.

On the AVA issue, that place was already in chaos when I arrived, but blaming me of the collapse of the place is silly, but if came from you, it is just funny.

You say that you have credentials? Prove it! You say that you have evidence? Show it! That is all I asked since the beginning. If you are angry, then I have hit the nail in your pride, which is good. If you want to prove someone wrong, show evidence and support, don't attack it and treat them like garbage.

Now that you have show "some" character, I want to see the so long awaited "evidence" and then you will prove you right (or wrong).

Your turn....

Messages In This Thread
RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - TIGERS (Panthera tigris) - GuateGojira - 03-09-2015, 10:04 AM
Demythologizing T16 - tigerluver - 04-12-2020, 11:14 AM
Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-29-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - peter - 07-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-04-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Pckts - 09-04-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-05-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 09:37 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 02-19-2015, 10:55 PM