There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 12 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris)

Mexico Shir Babr Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-23-2018, 10:50 AM by Shir Babr )

(07-21-2018, 07:31 PM)Genghis Wrote: Now, lets show you more proof then...

Here's a tigress that kills a very large mature male Indian boar, in a frontal attack: (Look how stocky and powerfully built the boar is)

Here's a fight between an Amur tigress and a large male tusker boar. Now, notice how the boar viciously charges the tigress to gore her, and watch how easily and swiftly the tigress evades the boars charges with supreme agility. Then at the 1:30 mark, the tigress secures a deadly-grip on the huge boars head, which the boar couldn't shake off, and then was most likely destined to be the tigress's dinner:

Here's a 16 month old tigress cub, that attacks and kills a large full-grown male boar: Note: the tiger cub lost the element of surprise, which then turned out to be a frontal attack!

Thats a 16 month old tigress cub, so that tells you ALOT. So please, don't ever accuse me of being a guy who reads too many "lame youtube animal-fight video titles", because you know nothing about me, period.

Its a well known fact that tigers of all ages, regularly hunt and kill large male Russian and Indian boars, and usually have no problems taking them down. Like it or not, thats your problem.

Ok. First video is an Indian boar, smaller than Russian boars, clearly not "twice the size of the tiger", neither it was interested in fighting but escaping. But good video. No mutilation or clubbing though.
Second video, don't think you can tell, but that's a movie. It's edited. It was to some degree controlled and it might be comprised of footage from different individuals. Watch when the hunters approach the dead boar, does it look like very big to you?  
Third video, again, an Indian boar that's isn't bigger than the young tigress, even more, is visibly unwell; it didn't even noticed the tiger splashing out of water until it was already on his face, and you can see his ribs are visible. That animal wasn't ok at all.
So in summary, none of those videos proved those claims from the first post.

(07-22-2018, 06:37 AM)peter Wrote: When you found something of interest, let us know. Until you do, stay away from this thread.    

Really @peter? So I'm a troll and shit poster now for questioning anecdotes of full grown male boars with limbs yanked off during a fight with a tiger, claims of giant sizes with no measurements  and fighting techniques that have been never documented on video or photo, and all stated as if they were holy gospel? Wow. I've seen people on the forum posting photos of what can only be labelled as animal cruelty for no reason, without you chastising them as me for this.
I never denied that tigers are able to kill big adult boars, neither I said that tigers are weak or whatever (I never express in that manner), but just like with most other predation from other carnivores on other types of big prey, it must meet certain criteria most of the time, that's all; bobcats can kill adult deer, but mostly in deep snow, for example. I love animals but I'm a simple layman that has read and watched documentaries for some years, and from that I learned that many of the things that naturalists (not to mention hunters and so on) claimed aren't true. Lions don't kill prey by twisting their necks with the paws. Clouded leopards are much less arboreal than previously stated. Mane size in lions isn't just dictated by testosterone. Even field zoologists that worked with snow leopards stated that they hunted in the typical feline fashion by stalking the prey and rushing them from a short distance, but video evidence has contradicted that claims and proven that snow leopards, much like cheetahs, are in fact, chasers.
I honestly find kinda strange that you compared my post with the trash from the internet, when stating anecdotes with no proof as facts and using biased aggrandizing adjectives and verbs is more in the lines of that. Sorry if I wasted an hour of your time. English isn't my first language and I'm self taught, so I know writing a paragraph can be lengthy. I'm no troll, biased, animal fight fanatic, I'm just not, and I think most of my other posts can attest to that. But you're the boss here and I respect you. This is my last reply on this thread, I promise.

Edit:
"What confirmed it even more for me, is this taxidermy, which shows a male tiger and a male brown bear fighting, and you can clearly see, the tiger is in the more dominant position, and biting the bear in his neck:"

*This image is copyright of its original author

I rest my case with that...
1 user Likes Shir Babr's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris) - Shir Babr - 07-23-2018, 10:17 AM
Demythologizing T16 - tigerluver - 04-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:54 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-29-2014, 12:56 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - peter - 07-29-2014, 07:05 AM
Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-04-2014, 01:36 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Pckts - 09-04-2014, 02:22 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-05-2014, 01:01 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 10:07 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 10:57 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 11:33 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 02-19-2015, 11:25 PM