There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 12 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris)

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-20-2017, 08:16 AM by peter )

(09-19-2017, 03:59 AM)Wolverine Wrote:
(08-27-2017, 07:20 PM)peter Wrote: I'll write a full report for the client soon.

Peter, did you get feedback from your client concerning tiger-boar case? Any news?

My client is the reader. Same for you. We were able to solve both mysteries because we cooperated. Excellent work, I think.

I printed everything I have and will use it to write a paper. I'll use it for the book, but could sell it to a newspaper as well. At least one is interested. Here's how I got there.

I like sports and a few other things. For this reason, I'm a member of a number of clubs. After play, people talk. Good stories are appreciated, but they need to be real. Thanks to you, I had two good stories. I didn't tell them everything, but part of it. I then asked them to find the answer to the question. 'To keep it short: they didn't succeed. When I told them, they refused to believe me. I had to convince them with everything I had. The reporter was so impressed by what he read, that he informed his boss. Russian tigers featuring in a Dutch newspaper? Could be.

Many people like good stories. As they can't find them in real life, they go for the usual suspects: movies, books and things like that. The point is that most of these stories are about people. Not a few of them are, ehhh, difficult to digest. 

Why not have look at reality or the natural world? Not seldom, it has more suspense than the best book. The incidents discussed in this thread were confirmed by people in the know. Many people would like to read more. 

As I found out more and more about the two male Amur tigers found dead in Wild Russia, my interest changed into amazement. These male tigers clearly were thinking animals very well adapted to the circumstances. It's also clear they developed over time. This is apart from the stamina and power demonstrated by the tiger eaten alive by a terrible disease. Hours before his death, he decided for one more boar. Not just a boar, but a big male. 

When I meet people with a similar interest, we talk. Not for hours, but days. Not seldom, I even travel to other countries to do just that. Are we outsiders with an interest in something many consider as strange? No doubt we are to some, but the question is who is an outsider. Humans talk human affairs all the time everywhere. What I hear is not much different from what I read in books written two thousands years ago, as humans are driven by the same instincts and goals. Not saying I can see it coming in most conversations, but I have to admit it often is quite close. Many talk about themselves and then they don't, as I seldom see anything close to originality. Strange, as all of us are individuals. But are we? Today, at least in the western hemisphere, many often look, act and talk alike. Same for many systems used in these societies. Things are getting standardized and humans are quick to follow, so it seems. If we add social media and all the rest of it, the picture is quite gloomy. No wonder so many fear they will be replaced by computers in the near future.

Some time before I got started in society, I decided for a somewhat different course. If you do, you have to find your way. The advantage is your decisions will be based on personal experience. As you develop, you'll meet people who decided for a similar course. Most of them, like wild animals, are survivors. They also are individuals with original opinions. What they say and think, is theirs. Not a few of them are interested in things often ignored by others. The natural world often features. I also noticed they often have an eye for humans able to communicate in a way many now consider as weird. But it isn't. Over time, humans lost the ability to communicate to, for example, wild animals. Humans can do a lot more, but that should be discussed in another section.

Anyhow. Those interested in the natural world know that those who make their home over there are far from inferior. They also know that wild animals in general and big predators in particular are thinking creatures developing all the time. Every time we have the opportunity to get to the details of a true story, it should be discussed. The reason is it has value.

There's no question that you contributed in that department. Many thanks again and be sure I'll be waiting for the next one.
3 users Like peter's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris) - peter - 09-20-2017, 06:25 AM
Demythologizing T16 - tigerluver - 04-12-2020, 11:14 AM
Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-29-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - peter - 07-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-04-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Pckts - 09-04-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-05-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 09:37 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 02-19-2015, 10:55 PM