There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Lynx

eagleman Offline
( This post was last modified: 02-13-2019, 08:00 AM by Rishi )

Some more

Lone young individual saved.

Killing roe deer

Angry female with cubs

Lynx eathing his prey in Călimani Mountains, Romania!

5 users Like eagleman's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-06-2019, 10:12 PM)eagleman Wrote: Eurasian Lynxes from my country, this is the largest lynxes from Europe : Lynx lynx carpathicus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOvpHyfviY4

Are you sure they are bigger than the scandinavian ones? Biggest in apperance I’ve seen on pictures are lynxes at the border between Sweeden and Norway.

eagleman Offline

(02-06-2019, 11:53 PM)Pantherinae Wrote:
(02-06-2019, 10:12 PM)eagleman Wrote: Eurasian Lynxes from my country, this is the largest lynxes from Europe : Lynx lynx carpathicus

Are you sure they are bigger than the scandinavian ones? Biggest in apperance I’ve seen on pictures are lynxes at the border between Sweeden and Norway.

Hello!
I am pretty sure about it. The wilderness of Carpathians and the abundance of large prey favoure this. This is, for example, a male carpathian lynx

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like eagleman's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-16-2019, 05:14 PM)eagleman Wrote:

Hello!
I am pretty sure about it. The wilderness of Carpathians and the abundance of large prey favoure this. This is, for example, a male carpathian lynx
After what people have told me it shouldn’t be the case, plenty of prey in Scandinavia too. I don’t think there is much difference, but was just interested in where you had herd this, or if it was a theroy? 
These are some Scandinavian lynxes. these look bigger than the Carpathians one imo. One of these was a giant 34 kg Lynx 

*This image is copyright of its original author

1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@Pantherinae 

Do you have any photos of wild Norwegian lynx.

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 02-16-2019, 08:59 PM by Shadow )

(02-16-2019, 07:08 PM)Pantherinae Wrote:
(02-16-2019, 05:14 PM)eagleman Wrote:

Hello!
After what people have told me it shouldn’t be the case, plenty of prey in Scandinavia too. I don’t think there is much difference, but was just interested in where you had herd this, or if it was a theroy? 
These are some Scandinavian lynxes. these look bigger than the Carpathians one imo. One of these was a giant 34 kg Lynx 

I have to agree in that, that prey availability is not the case when comparing lynxes from Norway, Sweden and Finland to any other region or country. All of these countries have vast forests and a lot of prey animals. Basically lynxes in all Europe are quite same, so difficult to see any real reason, why in some area those would be bigger than in some another area. I am not sure, but I don´t remember any article or study claiming, that Carpathian lynx would be especially big compared to other lynxes in Europe.

But if there is something indicating so, it would be interesting to see of course.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

@Lycaon 

2 users Like Pantherinae's post

Oman Lycaon Offline
أسد الأطلس
Moderators

@Pantherinae 

Great photos of big lynx.

Thanks  Like

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

This video has a ridiculous headline (once more in youtube Wink, but still actual footage was quite amazing to watch. Quite a jump and acrobatics from that lynx with nice catch.

Russian Federation Nyers Offline

i think its a caracal
3 users Like Nyers's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-02-2019, 02:25 PM by Shadow )

(03-02-2019, 02:18 PM)Nyers Wrote: i think its a caracal

True, it for sure can be that. I just looked it briefly and forgot caracal totally in my thoughts :)

Now I checked and yes, caracal, here seems to be original video:

1 user Likes Shadow's post

Sanju Offline

Good Job.

2 users Like Sanju's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

D O Ñ A N A //"When the light rests" The most threatened feline on the planet is activated and goes out to seek sustenance to continue surviving in the forests of #doñana. @SigmaPhotoSpain #sigma120300sport #tc1401 @BenroTripods+ #dj90 @Foto_Tecnica #doñanawildlife

D O Ñ A N to //"The look of the brave" Beauty does not win anyone, is extraordinary, the perfect animal, everything can, until surviving the worst of their own moments. #lince #linceiberico #doñanawildlife @SigmaPhotoSpain #sigma500sport @BenroTripods

3 users Like Sully's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

Slight increase: a Minimum of 135 lynx in Germany
By
Teodora Torrendo
-
June 5, 2019

at Least 135 lynx are striped in the past year through Germany’s forests. The findings of a survey by the Federal Agency for nature conservation (BfN). Accordingly, 43 juveniles and 85 older lynxes were counted. In seven other animals the age could not be determined.
For the same period last year, the office had counted a total of 114 animals. Currently in Germany there are two major stocks: A Population living in Eastern Bavaria, a second extends from the resin to Northern Hesse and North Rhine-Westphalia. In Rhineland-Palatinate, a third Population was located, the lynx showed the officer for the first time, two young animals.
In other Federal States, individual lynx are males on the go – mostly the females that avoid BfN greater distances and, in particular, the crossing of unsuitable habitats often lack. BfN President Beate Jessel described the conservation status of the animals continues to be critical. “Mainly due to the fragmentation of habitats and illegal killings, the species is at risk in this country continues to be strong.” Add to this that only a few lynx planted in the actually Fort.
The Federation for environment and nature conservation (BUND), welcomed the increase in Numbers, but calls for greater efforts. “We need a better networking of lynx occurrence in Germany,” said the BUND Chairman Hubert Weiger. This includes more crossing AIDS on streets would need to be created. In addition, illegal killings must be followed consistently.

https://www.ccdiscovery.com/slight-incre...in-germany
3 users Like Sully's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

All the caracal's swiftness explained:

1 user Likes Spalea's post