There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Siberian tigers & Amur leopards Photography tours! Come to discover wild Russia!

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-07-2018, 11:42 AM by peter )

Many thanks for the answers, Olga.

I hope you understand that the points I mentioned in my previous post were not mine. They were offered by people I know. They're not really interested in the natural world. Those who are, will come no matter what. I'll find some people interested in one of the tours you offer sooner or later. 

As to the skulls. I read a book written by Charly Russell called 'Grizzly Heart'. It was published in 2002. Charly, a brown bear authority, visited Russia to raise orphaned young brown bears in Kamchatka. Before he could start work, he needed permission from authorities working for an institute dedicated to conservation in Chabarowsk. Before they talked about his project, he was shown an enormous collection of tiger and bear skulls by Dr. Juri Dunishenko and Dr. Alexander Khulikov. He wrote the collection was enormous. 

I also know there is a museum or institute in Vladivostok that has tiger and bear skulls. It also has a famous diorama showing a brown bear and a tiger.

I wrote to Dr. Dale Miquelle about tiger skulls some years ago. He said he didn't know anything about the institutes in Chabarowsk and Vladivostok. He was interested, but I don't think he can help out.

I'll try to find the correct names of both institutes.
1 user Likes peter's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Siberian tigers & Amur leopards Photography tours! Come to discover wild Russia! - peter - 12-07-2018, 11:35 AM