There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good and Bad about WildFact - Need your suggestions

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 08-08-2018, 09:45 AM by sanjay )

Thanks for participating and giving your suggestions

@Rishi
-- For some reason Wildfact images don't appear in Google search.

Images are widely not controlled by us. Most of the images are directly inserted from any other website. In order to rank images in google search, some optimization needed, It should have alt tags, It should be light weight and the text around it.
We lack all these things, becasue most of the people here do not know these things and there is no way we can force them to do so.. they are not IT people they are just regular people.

Regarding Point 3.
Thats why I manually created that functionality (inserting credit disclaimer at the bottom of every image). AGain, it all depends on poster. Some of our members give proper credit (epaiva, ngala, tshokwane) But some don't care.. we can only remind them time to time.. we can not do much more about that.. This is problem with all community where anyone can upload.

Regarding point 4.
I agree these are 2 important feature. Following and Favorting a posts. I quickly searched for them, but they are not ready made and hence I need to invest time/money for it. I have several option in my mind and I will take appropriate decision.

Regarding point 6.
It is actually Nice Idea and I have used it in past. Announce it in Mod section

@Herekitty
We are trying to to cleanup process and our mod @Ngala and @Tshokwane is doing it. We will further discuss about this.

@ShereKhan
Adding new skin for forum is not big deal but Since we are animal forum therefore we are little selective to this. We will add more skin in future if we found related to animals.

Moderating is tough job and if we start giving space people start misusing it, I can understand your concern though and hence in most of the cases we first give mild warning. The most important thing is attitude, If you have good attitude and know how to talk in general forum then little mistakes can be ignored. But still thanks for your suggestion we will try to incorporate it as much as possible.

You can subscribe a thread and you will get notification when some one make posts: below is screenshot of how you can do this

Subscribe to wildfact threads
*This image is copyright of its original author

@Michael
Thank you michael for these suggestions. Actually your suggestion is something that we have in our mind but since it is tedious job and requires lot of time to gather information scattered here and there. Most of the mods or member here do it partime and hence they are bound by time. I still think with the help of our members and mods we can do this. If you or other willing to this thing, please open a thread and start gathering information for individuals or pride. @Ngala and @Tshokwane may be we should discuss it in mod section and do something (See Michael post above)

following a topic is possible see above answer, following a member need some time, we will do something about it.

@Spalea
We have restrication set for every new signup, their first few posts are moderated and once we think the poster is genuine we remove the restriction. Though I agree that some time old members start posting same information without doing research. We are trying to tell them and hope in future we can come with some solid solution for this.
6 users Like sanjay's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Good and Bad about WildFact - Need your suggestions - sanjay - 08-08-2018, 09:44 AM