There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Now, with that said, do me the favour of chilling the hell down, please.

This is not facebook, nor is it meant to be such, so try to behave in a way that is respectful to the forum.

@Potato 

The reason the Mapogo vs Majingilane issue brings so much confrontation, aside of the fact that few seem to know how to decently discuss something, is that it has been known that many among the Mapogo coalition fanatics(they're not fans) have spread misinformation, or outright lies to either exalt the Mapogo males as denigods of the lion worl, and/or insult the Majingilane males in the most ridiculous ways you can imagine. 

Which is why I have to keep it to a minimum, because everyone starts to behave the way you three did.

@Raj8143 

Aside of Mohawk's misplaced fervour when responding you, he's correct.

The FB pages you have been using to get info from to post here are managed by known Mapogo fanatics. Sometimes they post decent stuff, but most of the time they invent stuff and further conspiracy theories of the mostridiculous sort. 

They're so fixated on their imagined "love" for the Mapogos that turn it into fanatism, showing to everyone that in fact they don't really care about the wild lions the Mapogo males were, but only in using them as something akin to a football team, which in turns make the rest the "enemies".

And no one that respects nature, and especially wild lions should act that way; I certainly will not allow it here.

And last, @Mohawk4 for the love of God, the next time you get the urge to correct misplaced ideas oryou get angry at lies, try to refrain from outright fighting them, okay?

There's always better ways of saying something, in a calmer manner that don't provoke even more fighting.

If you find that you can't post an aswer that isn't barking at them, then refrain from posting and send me a pm, or direct my attention to the post in question, and I will take care of it.

I hope this clarifies all of your questions and it should go without saying that I don't want to see any more of this crap here. Don't try to keep the debate up, don't try to be the one with the last word, or to prove the other guy wrong. 

We've already had this debate, many times, and it's over. 

Just let it go, and let it be the end of it.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-24-2018, 02:56 AM)AbcXyz Wrote: When the Majingis ran into Kruger and why?

Supposedly it was in mid 2010 when the 5 Mapogos went east to look for them.

There's very little info about it, so it isn't exactly clear what happened, if anything happened.

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(11-24-2018, 02:11 PM)Potato Wrote: I think every theory which logicly fill up in the facts we know for sure (so it is at least theoretically possible) is worth to think about.

That's the problem with it. It is not logical, and every ranger that has seen it written or heard of it, can't understand how there's people so stupid and ill-intended that go to these lenghts.

(11-24-2018, 02:11 PM)Potato Wrote: It works to the both sides. Majinilanes also have many psyhofans  which does exactly that, but in the favour of Majings.

Nah, not really. At worst, there's some that are over zealous in the way they talk, but that's it.
Over here, particularly, I haven't had as much problems with Majingilane fans than what I had with some Mapogo fanatics, it doesn't even come close.
It isn't about arguing with fervour, it's about bad manners, and worst intentions.
Luckily, we've come to terms with some of them, and the others that didn't want to remain here zogged off.

(11-24-2018, 02:11 PM)Potato Wrote: What do you mean? What from what I wrote I shouldn't have? I ask because honestly I do not see anythink wrong with my comments.

Nothing wrong per se. But just like Mohawk, if your words keep adding to the flames, then it never ends.

(11-24-2018, 02:11 PM)Potato Wrote: I meant that night 2 Mlovathi faced 4 Majingilanes. As we can hear in the documentry movie one of the rangers speaking of that night said somethink like "4 Majingilanes started running into Kruger. Kinky Tail who was dominant of the dwo pursuit"

They used that to kill him.
(11-24-2018, 02:11 PM)Potato Wrote: What comes to later event: 5 Magogos going after 4 Majingilanes we know that Mapogos came in roaring and going far into their territory. We do not know where Majings have been by that time (I read somewhere that they were seen far east on the Kruger border, but I dunno if it was official report or no so let's just skip this) however for me Majings falling back into Kruger this time as well sounds like a only logicas theory which fills up the facts we know (same way like for example in the recent encounter between Southern Avocas and Charleston males). 

Lion Warfare – An Update Part 3:
Quote:1 July – Tracks of the 4 new males cross east back into MM.  They were found far into MM.

6 July- We all woke up excited to see what had happened in the north with the lions. The guys tracked the 5 Mapogo Males further north but then surprisingly they headed back west across our boundary. Reports from Singita said they too had tracks which headed all the way through their property meaning that the males had headed back to the centre of their territory in the west of the Sabi Sands. As far as we know the new males are still far east. Maybe the Mapogo just came through to give the Majingilane males a vocal warning that they are not welcome in this area. As far as we there has been no contact between the two coalitions.

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 10:30 PM by Rishi )

@HouseOfLions @Mohawk4 @AbcXyz & others...
A person's "Right to be fanboy" is recognised on Wildfact.

But accusing each other of being fanboys & rants would be tolerated only to a point, depending on the level of agitation. Please don't cross that.
If you don't see eye to eye with someone, then know when to stop trying to convince him/her & carry on. People don't get banned from Wildfact for being fanboys, but for not knowing when to stop or how to behave.

Report any rude reply & posts spreading misinformation.

Further unproductive posts will be deleted.

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(11-24-2018, 10:10 PM)Mohawk4 Wrote: End of story from me..
Is there a button to ignore users or a thread?

On their profiles.

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 10:30 PM by Rishi )

(11-24-2018, 10:21 PM)AbcXyz Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 10:08 PM)Rishi Wrote: @HouseOfLions @Mohawk4 @AbcXyz & others...
A person's "Right to be fanboy" is recognised on Wildfact.

But accusing each other of being fanboys & rants would be tolerated only to a point, depending on the level of agitation. Please don't cross that.
If you don't see eye to eye with someone, then know when to stop trying to convince him/her & carry on.

People don't get banned from Wildfact for being fanboys, but for not knowing when to stop or how to behave.
Too fanboyish posts, especially if it's spreading misinformation, should be reported instead.

Further unproductive posts will be deleted.

This is what I'd call a quick reaction. Did you however miss this Rabbit post: "Tshokwane is very easy call somebody of girl behind your keybord don't you? You front of my face things would be very diferent. Im pretty shore your teeth would be broken and we shall see who is the girl here. Idiot."? This must be a decent behavior, I suppose.

If someone had reported that post, then all Mods would have seen it. It's not possible to screen & deal with every posts being made on the forum.

Again, please report any rude reply & posts spreading misinformation.

Romania AbcXyz Offline
Banned

Safari Wildlife lead a wild life

by Douglas Zimmerman
June 10, 2010

Going on safari before the start of the World Cup seemed like an excellent idea. Not only would it be great to see and take photographs of all the wildlife and a little bit of a different of an experience.

I thought it would be driving around taking pretty photographs of impala, zebras, elephans, water buffalo and hopefully lions as well, the Big 5 as they are known. But I ended up getting a much more intense experience in how beautiful and how brutal nature can really be.

On the 2nd day of the safari the rangers were tracking a group of 5 lions that were entering the Sabi Sands Natural Reserve which is just outside of Kruger National Park where I was staying. On the reserve there are two lions, brothers, who are the dominant lions for the region. They had been named by the rangers Mr. T and Kinky Tail and were two bad lions. Over the years they had killed 45 different lions who had tried to intrude on their territory and take it over. The fights between the lions is based on survival of the strongest for dominance and for many years the two brothers were the dominant lions of the region.

That morning there was rumors that one of the 5 brothers had gotten separated from the rest of them lions and was being chased around by the two brothers. The rangers at the reserve kept looking for them and finally we found them just as the two brother lions engaged the lost lion.

It was one of the most fearsome and amazing sights I have ever seen. The two brothers were ganging up on the lion and trying to bite its jugular while the other held it down. After awhile that didn’t work with the lost lion putting up a brave fight.

Eventually the two brothers went for the hind legs of the lost lion and basically bit and broke both of its legs so it could not walk. After doing that the lions started to yell out their call for supremacy of the area and frighten anyone else away. 

Every once in awhile the lost lion would drag his body around and try and attack the two lions and they would pounce on him. It was a losing proposition.

The struggle continued throughout the day and when we returned in the evening it was a much different scene. The lost lion was laying in the grass, its legs broken behind the body and in an unnatural position. He was still breathing but it was only a matter of time until he would die.

The two brothers were not in top shape either. Mr. T just had scrapes but Kinky Tail had hurt his front paw and was limping around. They still seemed victorious in the fight but it was not over….

We drove a short distance and found the other four brothers of the lost lion and they were not far away. It looked like the four brothers would try and exact their revenge on the two brothers that night.

Which is exactly what happened. I didn’t see this fight but one of the other rangers saw it and described it to my ranger. Basically in the middle of the night they had somehow lured Kinky Tail into the open and away from Mr. T and cornered him. He charged at them at full speed running into them and knocking two of them off their feet but the other two jumped on his back and with the help of the other two eventually began to tear him to pieces. Mr. T happened onto the fight but too late to save Kinky Tail and was injured himself and had to escape to survive.

With the dominance of the two brothers gone it looked like the region was shaping up for a long period of fighting until some other lions could claim the area. The ranger hoped that Mr. T could retain his control over the area for 4 or 5 more months until some cub lions in the area could grow up enough to be able to fight for themselves, cause if they were not able to and the 4 brothers take over the region they would kill all the cubs who could be potential rivals in the future. A brutal idea indeed.

http://douglaszimmerman.blogspot.com/201...-life.html
1 user Likes AbcXyz's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 10:52 PM by Rishi )

(11-24-2018, 10:37 PM)AbcXyz Wrote: That post is gone now, most likely deleted by the moderator of this section of the forum. What I wanted to emphasize is the double standard the members are (and were) treated in the Lion section. I followed this forum for a long while until decided to register, and my hesitation was based exactly on this: the double standards which are tolerated for years. Probably it was a wrong decision to join here.

Point noted.

Any sort of blatant misinformation or disrespectful attitude will be dealt with, irrespective of who initiated it. So, try to make better use of report & (@HouseOfLions) ignore features.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline

(11-24-2018, 10:28 PM)AbcXyz Wrote: Safari Wildlife lead a wild life

by Douglas Zimmerman
June 10, 2010

Going on safari before the start of the World Cup seemed like an excellent idea. Not only would it be great to see and take photographs of all the wildlife and a little bit of a different of an experience.

I thought it would be driving around taking pretty photographs of impala, zebras, elephans, water buffalo and hopefully lions as well, the Big 5 as they are known. But I ended up getting a much more intense experience in how beautiful and how brutal nature can really be.

On the 2nd day of the safari the rangers were tracking a group of 5 lions that were entering the Sabi Sands Natural Reserve which is just outside of Kruger National Park where I was staying. On the reserve there are two lions, brothers, who are the dominant lions for the region. They had been named by the rangers Mr. T and Kinky Tail and were two bad lions. Over the years they had killed 45 different lions who had tried to intrude on their territory and take it over. The fights between the lions is based on survival of the strongest for dominance and for many years the two brothers were the dominant lions of the region.

That morning there was rumors that one of the 5 brothers had gotten separated from the rest of them lions and was being chased around by the two brothers. The rangers at the reserve kept looking for them and finally we found them just as the two brother lions engaged the lost lion.

It was one of the most fearsome and amazing sights I have ever seen. The two brothers were ganging up on the lion and trying to bite its jugular while the other held it down. After awhile that didn’t work with the lost lion putting up a brave fight.

Eventually the two brothers went for the hind legs of the lost lion and basically bit and broke both of its legs so it could not walk. After doing that the lions started to yell out their call for supremacy of the area and frighten anyone else away. 

Every once in awhile the lost lion would drag his body around and try and attack the two lions and they would pounce on him. It was a losing proposition.

The struggle continued throughout the day and when we returned in the evening it was a much different scene. The lost lion was laying in the grass, its legs broken behind the body and in an unnatural position. He was still breathing but it was only a matter of time until he would die.

The two brothers were not in top shape either. Mr. T just had scrapes but Kinky Tail had hurt his front paw and was limping around. They still seemed victorious in the fight but it was not over….

We drove a short distance and found the other four brothers of the lost lion and they were not far away. It looked like the four brothers would try and exact their revenge on the two brothers that night.

Which is exactly what happened. I didn’t see this fight but one of the other rangers saw it and described it to my ranger. Basically in the middle of the night they had somehow lured Kinky Tail into the open and away from Mr. T and cornered him. He charged at them at full speed running into them and knocking two of them off their feet but the other two jumped on his back and with the help of the other two eventually began to tear him to pieces. Mr. T happened onto the fight but too late to save Kinky Tail and was injured himself and had to escape to survive.

With the dominance of the two brothers gone it looked like the region was shaping up for a long period of fighting until some other lions could claim the area. The ranger hoped that Mr. T could retain his control over the area for 4 or 5 more months until some cub lions in the area could grow up enough to be able to fight for themselves, cause if they were not able to and the 4 brothers take over the region they would kill all the cubs who could be potential rivals in the future. A brutal idea indeed.

If you read the report by Peter Rundle, someone who was there and chasing kinky and T, he specifically mentions that kinky and T were chasing 2 lions and not one. 

This is what he heard on the radio call as well.
1 user Likes HouseOfLions's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T
( This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 07:20 AM by Rishi )

@HouseOfLions @Mohawk4 @AbcXyz @Rishi

I was thinking some thing logically and practically...without posting negative about majins i questioned ....
 my question was simple....when there wer 5 majins ready to fight but 2 mapogos make them run and killed 1 of them....
at that night what happen, how the 4 majns who wer unexperience  killed KT and make run MR T....

majins fans story be like: at same night they came back to take revenge (i guess they eat some kind of protein) 
: they cant do any thing when they wer 5...how they did all that,when they wer 4 ??? think logically !!!!

Romania AbcXyz Offline
Banned

(11-24-2018, 10:46 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:
(11-24-2018, 10:28 PM)AbcXyz Wrote: Safari Wildlife lead a wild life

by Douglas Zimmerman
June 10, 2010

If you read the report by Peter Rundle, someone who was there and chasing kinky and T, he specifically mentions that kinky and T were chasing 2 lions and not one. 

This is what he heard on the radio call as well.

In order to please you I'll add Rundle's significant words: "The call came in on the radio that Kinky Tail and Mr T had just been detected and were heading in a north easterly direction across the north western edge of Nkorho open area hot on the heels of two young male lions."
1 user Likes AbcXyz's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-24-2018, 11:14 PM by Tshokwane )

(11-24-2018, 10:37 PM)AbcXyz Wrote: That post is gone now, most likely deleted by the moderator of this section of the forum. What I wanted to emphasize is the double standard the members are (and were) treated in the Lion section.

Of course it's gone, because I deleted it when it was reported, as it should be done with whoever is acting that way.

Double standards would be that I leave it up and do nothing to stop it, so you're contradicting yourself, mate.

Since apparently my previous post was ignored, please enjoy some weeks of cooldown over here, maybe this will help.

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 11-25-2018, 06:49 AM by Rishi )

(11-24-2018, 11:09 PM)Raj8143 Wrote: @HouseOfLions @Mohawk4 @AbcXyz @Rishi

My question was simple....when there wer 5 majins ready to fight but 2 mapogos make them run and killed 1 of them....
at that night what happen, how the 4 majns who wer unexperience  killed KT and make run MR T....

majins fans story be like: at same night they came back to take revenge (i guess they eat some kind of protein)   : they cant do any thing when they wer 5...how they did all that,when they wer 4 ??? think logically !!!!

Inexperienced coalitions often chicken out before older pride males, but seeing one of theirs die can be a motivation for another determined attack.

Then the younger ones still outnumbered them 2 to 1! If four lions are out for blood against two, they are very likely to get it.

Maybe you are not wrong... But atleast try to look from the others' point of view.
2 users Like Rishi's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

(11-24-2018, 11:13 PM)Mr.T Wrote: or the demon we called
SATAN mapogo

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Raj8143's post

India Raj8143 Offline
MR. T

most aggressive and dominating coliation the MAPOGOS
3 users Like Raj8143's post