There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(05-24-2018, 02:20 AM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: How many females still alive todays. Is the bloodline Mapogo over?

No, Iñigo.

The ones that still live are the 4 Mangheni lionesses(maybe 3 now) and the 2 Othawa lionesses left (1 was killed by hyenas). 

The 2 Othawa males haven't been seen in the past 6 years, so it's anyone's guess if they're still alive or not, no one knows.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

(05-24-2018, 02:20 AM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: One question:

The Mapogos controlled 9 prides in all Sabi Sands. They sired few males that survived and many people say they was the worst in raise cubs but..... How many females still alive todays. Is the bloodline Mapogo over?

The 4 mhangene females, the two othawas, and the the three sparta/eyrefield pride are for sure mapogo bloodline, one of the styx females I am not fully sure about.
2 users Like sik94's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(05-24-2018, 03:21 AM)sik94 Wrote: the three sparta/eyrefield pride are for sure mapogo bloodline

Nieces maybe(daughters of the Rollercoaster male), but not daughters, the Majingilane killed the cubs of this pride that were offsprings of the Mapogos (who frankly had not received well the take over from Kinky tail and Mr.T). The same happened with the Styx pride.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(05-24-2018, 06:58 AM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(05-24-2018, 03:21 AM)sik94 Wrote: the three sparta/eyrefield pride are for sure mapogo bloodline

Nieces maybe(daughters of the Rollercoaster male), but not daughters, the Majingilane killed the cubs of this pride that were offsprings of the Mapogos (who frankly had not received well the take over from Kinky tail and Mr.T). The same happened with the Styx pride.

There may be some in Nkuhumas
1 user Likes vinodkumarn's post

Mohawk4 Offline

Dreadlocks was huge!One of the biggest lions 
Check the difference with MR T and Rasta

2 users Like Mohawk4's post

United States IñigoMontoya Offline

(06-23-2018, 02:33 AM)Mohawk4 Wrote: Dreadlocks was huge!One of the biggest lions 

Well, I understand that Makhulu was a little bigger. he should be really huge

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

Musa15 Offline

Does somebody have the original(perhaps hq) photo of this one I found?

*This image is copyright of its original author

Or perhaps another photo of all the boys together aside from the famous one where they're all drinking water together.

( This post was last modified: 07-22-2018, 09:18 PM by IñigoMontoya )

(07-22-2018, 07:50 PM)Musa15 Wrote: Does somebody have the original(perhaps hq) photo of this one I found?

*This image is copyright of its original author

Or perhaps another photo of all the boys together aside from the famous one where they're all drinking water together.

I only have this and the quality is poor sorry.

Attached Files Image(s)

Musa15 Offline

No I'll take it, thank you!

I can't identify them though, so if anybody could help with that it would be even better.

(07-22-2018, 09:43 PM)Musa15 Wrote: No I'll take it, thank you!

I can't identify them though, so if anybody could help with that it would be even better.

Well if I dont mistake.... In front Makhulu, the first on the left Rasta and de second on the left Pretty boy. The first on the right is Dreadlocks, second on the right Kinky Tail and the last on the right Mr T
3 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline

(06-25-2018, 02:39 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote:
(06-23-2018, 02:33 AM)Mohawk4 Wrote: Dreadlocks was huge!One of the biggest lions 

Just want to clarify, PB was actually bigger than both Mak and Dreads when he was in his prime.
1 user Likes HouseOfLions's post

Italy Gabriele GLG Offline

Do you think it's possible that Makhulu and the original tailless tsalala lioness were litter mates?  I'm thinking about this because they both were born in 1998 and Makhulu is probably from the Tsalala pride.
1 user Likes Gabriele GLG's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-23-2018, 01:55 PM)Gabriele GLG Wrote: Do you think it's possible that Makhulu and the original tailless tsalala lioness were litter mates?

Yes, I'd say there's a big chance of them being so.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

(07-23-2018, 04:47 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote:

Just want to clarify, PB was actually bigger than both Mak and Dreads when he was in his prime.

Thx for the info. I understood that he was the tallest of the shoulders of all the Mapogos, not the biggest.
1 user Likes IñigoMontoya's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline

(07-24-2018, 03:46 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote:
(07-23-2018, 04:47 AM)HouseOfLions Wrote:

Thx for the info. I understood that he was the tallest of the shoulders of all the Mapogos, not the biggest.
It's cool. And yes, he was infact the biggest. Not by much but still.
1 user Likes HouseOfLions's post