There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 06:14 AM by Georgel )

It appears that Mr. T is currently the most dominant.

Rangers Report January 2012
January 30, 2012
Leopard Hills

Mapogo Coalition
The elder of the Mapogo and the short maned male have again been prowling together for most of the month, spending a lot of time east, looking after the ever present threat from the Majingilane’s. The other less dominant male has joined up with the other 2 briefly but has been on his own or with the Ximungwe pride for much of the month. There has been some competition amongst the coalition for the Ximungwe lioness coming into oestrus but nothing too serious as yet! This behaviour often gives us a more clear idea of the current dominance hierarchy amongst the coalition…it appears the short maned male is currently the largest and most dominant.

Although I don't trust "the largest", Mr. T being previously called "a dwarf lion", this is the first time when the rangers claim that its possible to have become dominant.
4 users Like Georgel's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(12-21-2016, 04:45 AM)Georgel Wrote: In the post #319 on can see how much differ the information from one poster to another. I'd be glad to see a report (not a facebook article which is what I've found by googling) confirming the Mapogos vs Matimbas confrontation.

Although shared in facebook, the report was by one of the rangers that worked there, and commented also by other rangers.

I don't think they fought the Majingilane, because the latter were in Mala Mala.
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

(12-21-2016, 05:34 AM)Georgel Wrote:

January 30, 2012
Leopard Hills

Mapogo Coalition
The elder of the Mapogo and the short maned male have again been prowling together for most of the month, spending a lot of time east, looking after the ever present threat from the Majingilane’s. The other less dominant male has joined up with the other 2 briefly but has been on his own or with the Ximungwe pride for much of the month. There has been some competition amongst the coalition for the Ximungwe lioness coming into oestrus but nothing too serious as yet! This behaviour often gives us a more clear idea of the current dominance hierarchy amongst the coalition…it appears the short maned male is currently the largest and most dominant.

Although I don't trust "the largest", Mr. T being previously called "a dwarf lion", this is the first time when the rangers claim that its possible to have become dominant.

Well this proved the last dominant mapogo of the mapogo reign was Mr T .
1 user Likes fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 10:54 AM by fursan syed )

(12-21-2016, 06:55 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 04:45 AM)Georgel Wrote: In the post #319 on can see how much differ the information from one poster to another. I'd be glad to see a report (not a facebook article which is what I've found by googling) confirming the Mapogos vs Matimbas confrontation.

Although shared in facebook, the report was by one of the rangers that worked there, and commented also by other rangers.

I don't think they fought the Majingilane, because the latter were in Mala Mala.

@Georgel  i advise you to research more on this. And facebook also can give reliable information. It depends on whom you talking to there. All the real experts who wrote these articles are also present their on fb.

Big Cats Enthusiast

I had a talk with mala mala admins again about dominance between mlowathis. They answered me that "kt was more dominant in begining but T becomes more dominant afterwards".

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 01:20 PM by Georgel )

(12-21-2016, 10:46 AM)fursan syed Wrote:
(12-21-2016, 05:34 AM)Georgel Wrote:

January 30, 2012
Leopard Hills

Mapogo Coalition

Well this proved the last dominant mapogo of the mapogo reign was Mr T .

Exactly! Mr. T was the dominant Mapogo from January till March 2012.
1 user Likes Georgel's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-22-2016, 12:50 PM by Georgel )

(12-21-2016, 10:58 AM)fursan syed Wrote: I had a talk with mala mala admins again about dominance between mlowathis. They answered me that "kt was more dominant in begining but T becomes more dominant afterwards".

I wonder if the present Mala Mala admins have been there between 2008 and 2010.

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 01:43 PM by Georgel )

(12-21-2016, 06:55 AM)Majingilane Wrote:

I remember you claiming that Mapogos actually fought with the Ottawa boys. I think you still need to clarify yourself the momentum.

As I said, when I'll find a ranger report about Mapogos-Matimbas fight be sure I'll post it. For now this is what I have. As you can easily notice I didn't claim that the info is correct or wrong, only to compare to another one. That is, I post it as I found it, as Ngala advised us to do. If you don't trust the Leopard Hills rangers can write them to withdraw this post from their blog or correct it. Thanks.

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 09:47 PM by Georgel )

Maybe off-topic, but not as much as it seems.

Since I've started to be interested in lions I was bombarded by personal opinions written by "lion experts" (others are more modest, considering themselves only "Mapogo experts", or "Majingilane experts"; we also have "Mr. T experts") who most likely have seen the first and the last time a lion in a zoo when they where kids. In my country there is an advertising about a pizza boy and a hairdresser girl who give medical info by phone, and the conclusion is to go to a doctor if have health problems. Similar should be here.

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(12-21-2016, 01:15 PM)Georgel Wrote: I remember you claiming that Mapogos actually fought with the Ottawa boys. I think you still need to clarify yourself the momentum.

As I said, when I'll find a ranger report about Mapogos-Matimbas fight be sure I'll post it. For now this is what I have. As you can easily notice I didn't claim that the info is correct or wrong, only to compare to another one. That is, I post it as I found it, as Ngala advised us to do. If you don't trust the Leopard Hills rangers can write them to withdraw this post from their blog or correct it. Thanks.

Aahh,  I see we're back with the cocky attitude.

No, I didn't claim they fought with their sons. I said it was something they had considered it might have happened, which of course was ignored and twisted to make it look as if I said something else.

Posting from direct sources is the good way to go.

You're going a step further, also. And that, coupled with your attitude, is bound to get you into trouble once again. So, please, revise it.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

@Georgel  who is the dominant mapogo in year 2011?

Big Cats Enthusiast

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like fursan syed's post

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 10:47 PM by Georgel )

(12-21-2016, 06:31 PM)fursan syed Wrote: @Georgel  who is the dominant mapogo in year 2011?

1. I'm not interested in finding an answer to such question. My interest in the Mapogo coalition transcends these naive questions.

2. The rangers report constant fights for mating rights and for food between the three left Mapogos.

In May 2011 report we can find:

"The 3 ageing males have been spending much of May contesting for mating opportunities with the 2 Ximungwe lionesses that don‘t have cubs as yet."

In July 2011 report we can find:

"There has been some fervent interaction between the three males as they contest for mating opportunities with the Ximungwe lioness who is still possibly in oestrus."

Also: "The younger two Mapogo managed to kill a female buffalo near the Sand River one night with the assistance of one of the lionesses. The arrival of the oldest Mapogo a day later when he picked up the scent of the kill resulted in quite a scuffle, the younger two were reluctant to share their hard earned meal but the older male held his own!

Romania Georgel Away
Banned
( This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 10:51 PM by Georgel )

(12-21-2016, 06:48 PM)fursan syed Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

As I said: I'm not interested in sterile debates about dominance. Even the rangers can't give a final answer for the simple reason that dominance into a male lion coalition is something fluid.

Big Cats Enthusiast

@Georgel you know. my point of writing the end of last mapogo king in my video was because he is the last dominant mapogo of the mapogo era . thats also your opinion no matter for how much time. but you also accepted this. so why you insulting me because of that in your comments and posts. its not the insult of mak and pb. i had never discussed the dominance issues between mapogos . i started to answer those who kept telling people lies and changing reports even about mlowathis era. i believed they were equally dominant . but others keep telling people kt was the dominant and every times dominated T that was a lie. you also have same opinion on that with me.  just do a post in lk about T and Kt on equal dominance which you also believed and then see what happens .  hopes you understands what i am trying to say.  my english is pretty bad.
3 users Like fursan syed's post