There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 07-13-2015, 04:50 PM by sanjay )

I don't the orginal source and any valid proof attached with the following image. But from the page of Lions of Londolozi (facebook) followig images are claimed to be of 5th Majingilane male lion (left) and famous Kinky Tail male lion (right) .

*This image is copyright of its original author

In this image Majingilane (right) Kinky Tail male lion (left)

*This image is copyright of its original author

I don't know which thread is best to post it, Let me know if I need to move it any other thread (topic)
Credit to facebook page of Lions of Londolozi

4 users Like sanjay's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

I first saw those in Karin van der Merwe's facebook page, so I believe these are really the skulls of both Kinky tail and the 5th Majingilane. In that post, she commented the size difference between both skulls, Kinky tail's one being smaller thatn the other one, although with bigger canines. Interesting detail, considering that the Majingilane was 3 years younger than the Mapogo.

1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-13-2015, 11:35 PM by Pckts )

Kinky tail is obviously missing most of the skulls back part and one side. I wonder if that was damage suffered during his life or happened in the degration of death.

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(07-13-2015, 11:35 PM)'Pckts' Wrote: Kinky tail is obviously missing most of the skulls back part and one side. I wonder if that was damage suffered during his life or happened in the degration of death.

I was told it was bitten of by a hyena the next day.

1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

A couple of videos now, this time of the Old Man.
The first one is from an encounter betweeen him and the Ravenscourt/Castelton male(apparently, I can't confirm it that especific male). It's quite blurry sometimes, but it's nice.

It shows a different side of males, because we usually see them lazying around and just sleeping, but those are compesation for this bit of their lives.

And the other one is from him roaring with his brothers. Again, his distinct rough roar is always the first to start and the last to sound, always announcing who's the real king around..

2 users Like Tshokwane's post

Philippines Panthera Leo Offline

Is there a living descendant for the mapogos? Like son or daughter of any member.

lioncrazy Offline
( This post was last modified: 08-16-2015, 08:59 AM by sanjay )

@pathera leo I think there is a pride of females that are there daughter I don't remember there pride name but there is
1 user Likes lioncrazy's post

lioncrazy Offline

I love watching video of the great mapogos it is so great to witness I hated the majigilanes when they first took over I really did!! but now they have really grown on me they have really made the mapogos proud  even if they could never could admit it in my opinion
1 user Likes lioncrazy's post

( This post was last modified: 08-17-2015, 10:22 PM by Panthera Leo )

I feel you but atleast they have descendants, in my opinion mapogos are like michael jordan in basketbal and lebron are the majins. They are just in the right place at the right time, they probably lucky also. @lion crazy

lioncrazy Offline

@Panthera leo that's a good comparison I like that the mapogos were the best in there prime even at the end big mak and pretty boy hung on as long as they could

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

@Panthera Leo, I don't remember if it's mentioned in the thread, but the Othawa females are daughters of the Mapogo, possibly daughters of Makhulu. Also, the females from the Tsalala breakaway/Mangheni pride, who's also controlled by the Majingilane, are daughters of the Mapogo, they could have been sired by either Kinky tail or Mr.T.
Some speak about some male or males, sons that went into the Kruger but I don't really know about it.
These are the descendents of the Mapogo, and of course the cubs these ladies have with the Majingilane males.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

( This post was last modified: 08-17-2015, 10:20 PM by Panthera Leo )

Thanks guys, for the response. @sanjay @majingilane and @lioncrazy, got hooked by these lion legends! It was like addicted to them hahaha. Cant wait to see whose coalition to replace majin!
2 users Like Panthera Leo's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-07-2015, 07:38 PM by Tshokwane )

Lads, the documentary of the Mapogo brohters is again on youtube, this time with HD quality. I don't know how long it will be up until it's taken down again, but anyway I leave it here, so you can enjoy it again and, for those of you who couldn't watch it, this time you will be able to. 

3 users Like Tshokwane's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

For someone having lot of data and high internet speed, I suggest to download and save it. Its wonderful documentary
1 user Likes sanjay's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I am preparing and Sort story of this legendary Mapogos Coalition