There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lions of Manyeleti

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-12-2020, 01:55 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-12-2020, 01:29 AM)Potato Wrote: Both this duos were seen around Orpen Gate recently. I do not think distance between current Mayambula's pride territory and Orpen Gate is so big that it couldn't be controlled by one coalition. I do not think Mbiris would have to abandon Mayambula pride in order to take over Skorro pride.

Dont you think that Tintswalo rangers would recognize Mbiri boys? They are quite known males and easy to recognize, they also origin from Manyeleti so they are quite known there. Post specificly says "unknown" males

This is Hercules male seen with a lioness, possibly from Scorro pride near Orpen Gate, about 2 weeks ago:

*This image is copyright of its original author

Hercules and Sumatra are further south then Mbiris, its very unlikely that Mbiris pushed into Manyeleti thru their territory..
3 users Like Tr1x24's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Pierre Jonqueres: " Siblings on guard. "

"Stimulation"...

"Sizing up"...

3 users Like Spalea's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

"Dont you think that Tintswalo rangers would recognize Mbiri boys?"

I don't, Mbiris left Manyeleti good couple of years ago (2016?) as maneless subadults. That is long ago and Mbiris look totaly different now than when they were last seen on Manyeleti. 

"This is Hercules male seen with a lioness, possibly from Scorro pride near Orpen Gate, about 2 weeks ago"

I do not deny that it can be them althrough it may be Mbiris as well. They as well were seen mating with female at Orpen Gate around 2-3 weeks ago.

"Hercules and Sumatra are further south then Mbiris, its very unlikely that Mbiris pushed into Manyeleti thru their territory.."

What is that "their territory"? As far as I know they are nomads which recently pumped out in this arena. 
2 users Like Potato's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-12-2020, 02:07 AM)Potato Wrote: I don't, Mbiris left Manyeleti good couple of years ago (2016?) as maneless subadults. That is long ago and Mbiris look totaly different now than when they were last seen on Manyeleti. 

"This is Hercules male seen with a lioness, possibly from Scorro pride near Orpen Gate, about 2 weeks ago"

I do not deny that it can be them althrough it may be Mbiris as well. They as well were seen mating with female at Orpen Gate around 2-3 weeks ago.

"Hercules and Sumatra are further south then Mbiris, its very unlikely that Mbiris pushed into Manyeleti thru their territory.."

What is that "their territory"? As far as I know they are nomads which recently pumped out in this arena

Mbiris where the most famous lions in Timbavati , i doubt that rangers from neighbor reserve never heard of them or cant recognize them.

On the other hand Hercules and Sumatra where never in that area before, they didn't been seen for around a year, so rangers prob dont know them.

We dont know if Hercules and Sumatra where nomads, they where in Kruger, they could have prides there, and are now driven closer to Manyeleti by Scorro pride females.

Regardless, it will be interesting to see if Orpen males will permanently leave Scorro pride, or try to challenge newcomers. Either Mbiris or Her/Sum males, they are no joke.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

United States Matimbalani Offline

I based my assumption on an earlier post where the Mbiri's were seen mating around Orpen Gate. I suppose we will find out soon enough if the new coalition hang around the area.

United States Matimbalani Offline

I hope everyone stays safe and healthy with the current Corona virus news swelling around. It just goes to remind us all that we are not as isolated from nature as we think and our survival and well being depends on respecting our environment and all the creatures in it.

Junior lounging about.

Credit: Alistair Leuner

Attached Files Image(s)

8 users Like Matimbalani's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

Its confirmed by Tintswalo lodge that these new "unknown" males that are pushing into Manyeleti and mating with Scorro pride females are indeed Hercules and Sumatra males.

They already have been seen with 1 pride with cubs in Kruger near Orpen gate few days ago.
6 users Like Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

I do not think Orpen males will fight for Skorro pride and I do not think newcomers will push further for Koppies pride so situation should stabilize soon.

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor

(03-13-2020, 09:35 PM)Potato Wrote: I do not think Orpen males will fight for Skorro pride and I do not think newcomers will push further for Koppies pride so situation should stabilize soon.

Agree, if they where nomads then yes they could push into Orpen males territory, but they are not, they have pride with cubs and territory in Kruger. Orpens didnt visit Scorro pride for a long time now, so they prob abandon them for good.
1 user Likes Tr1x24's post

Poland Potato Offline
Contributor

(03-13-2020, 09:48 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(03-13-2020, 09:35 PM)Potato Wrote: I do not think Orpen males will fight for Skorro pride and I do not think newcomers will push further for Koppies pride so situation should stabilize soon.

Agree, if they where nomads then yes they could push into Orpen males territory, but they are not, they have pride with cubs and territory in Kruger. Orpens didnt visit Scorro pride for a long time now, so they prob abandon them for good.

I think even if they would be nomads then they would be satisfied with Skorro pride and would not rish confrontation with Orpen males.

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

More shots of the Sumatra male from his recent visit (with the Hercules male) to Ngala. Images by Suhasni Sagar Singh, March 12, 2020

6 users Like sik94's post

Tr1x24 Offline
Top Contributor
( This post was last modified: 03-14-2020, 03:49 AM by Tr1x24 )

(03-14-2020, 12:40 AM)sik94 Wrote: More shots of the Sumatra male from his recent visit (with the Hercules male) to Ngala. Images by Suhasni Sagar Singh, March 12, 2020

Big boy, any ides who sired him?? Hercules male was sired by Trilogy males.

Sumatra male too looks quite like Scar of Trilogy males:

6 users Like Tr1x24's post

United States sik94 Offline
Sikander Hayat

The Orpen Males & Koppies pride @ Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps - Khoka Moya & Mantobeni
Credit:- Vestment Mfumo Machavi
Today 14 March 2020

6 users Like sik94's post

Venezuela titose Offline

JR nkuhuma with a very full belly  at Honeyguide Tented Safari Camps - Khoka Moya & Mantobeni
By:  Vestment Mfumo Machavi

7 users Like titose's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

Pierre Jonqueres: " Eyes from the pride. "

Young but already scratched...
4 users Like Spalea's post