There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Where is the biggest bengal tigers?

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-24-2017, 08:28 PM by Pantherinae )

for long I have wondered where do you the biggest bengal tigers? Assam, terrai, Central India, Ranthambore etc? 
I'm not going to hide that I love South India's Tigers! And that they can reach massive sizes, but I would still say that they can't reach the absolute monstrous sizes of the others mentioned above. 

I know the popular belief that the North Indian and Nepalese tigers are the biggest, but I'm not sure I agree.. they for sure look to have a larger skulls (at least longer) and a more impressive upper-body with arms that are just mind blowing, but I'm I crazy if I say that the Central Indian looks just as big, If not bigger? They to me looks just as impressive in their upper body and their hind quarters looks even more robust. Especially Kanha and Pench seem to have males that match up well to the Terrai and Assam males.

My opinion: I think the biggest Nepalese, Central and Northern Indian males would max out very evenly.. and can all have super specimen that can reach weights over 300 kg.

but I really want a discussion about this to learn and listen to people's view and opinion's about who they think possesses the biggest cat in the world.
3 users Like Pantherinae's post

Messages In This Thread
Where is the biggest bengal tigers? - Pantherinae - 03-24-2017, 08:18 PM