There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-22-2021, 09:14 PM by Shadow )

(06-22-2021, 07:11 PM)Apex Titan Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 06:00 PM)Shadow Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 04:50 PM)woshiniya Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 03:58 PM)Shadow Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 03:39 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(06-22-2021, 03:19 PM)Shadow Wrote: This is directly from Jhala to me: "You are welcome to quote me if you feel it will help clarify stands and spread awareness. I have not been able to dig out my old data to chek the tiger weights but hope to get to it shortly. "

And I have quoted only things, he has said, not putting anything there, what isn´t his words. And nothing what I see as more confidential in his emails. And that´s how I do with any biologist with whom I have opportunity to discuss :)

Oh then, definitely share the screenshots & the detached but his account-pic.. To be honest I'm really curious as well. The whole conversation please.   Grin

(06-22-2021, 02:31 PM)woshiniya Wrote: Shadow is a bear fun,and I saw him clashed with tiger funs on YouTuBe,I won't doubt if you or Pckts or Khan85 said the same thing,but I am not aiming at him,

I see.. Ok, your scepticism is understandable. But we do try & keep any fanboyism out of Wildfact atleast. I assure you m8, any person overdoing any of that stuff here don't last long (& definitely don't become Mod).

So you can rest easy. Cheers.

@Rishi
Those screenshots are in moderator thread, I check if I can find from there, I don´t have not time to make new, I have to go in a few minutes, some work to do. But if Khan asks from Jhala, he will get same information now too. 

@woshiniya
And what comes to bear fan, for sure I´m a bear fan, and lion fan, and tiger fan, and jaguar fan, and wolf fan.... anyone can name some animal and I am fan, there is no reason to doubt it :) I recently had one bear fan to practically hate me, because I defended tigers to him (not in youtube though). He couldn´t discuss in any reasonable way, when bear wasn´t seen as some superior being over tigers. And I´m sure, that some tiger fans dislike me, because I have been very critical to some claims concerning tigers. I suggest reading what I write in different threads. I usually criticize when something controversial is approached from only one point of view like it would be the only possibility.

But what comes to this case, I just tell what was told to me, adding nothing.

I don't want to argue about it.Khan85 didn't get any information about stomach content of the tiger from Jhala ,I doubt you for another reason,you said you contacted with Russia expert Batalov,and he sent some tiger pictures to you,But I heard from another forum that batalov's personal contact information is not on the Internet 3 months ago ,They don't believe you too,and someone think you mistook batalov's assistant or someone else for batalov himself.
,how to explain this? I am not aiming at you,I only believe in evidence even if the claim is a tiger fun,please understand.
Batalov is difficult person to have contact with. I know it from first hand experience since I had to do a lot if work to manage to do it. Some things aren't easy. I was lucky enough to change a few emails In 2019 and it was interesting. I know that some people won't believe it, but I don't mind. My main reason to find information is my personal curiosity to know how things really are, not to convince all fanatics In different forum, it's I possible and not worth to use time. No problems with you, but as said, call me fan of any species and I'm guilty as charged? One day I can praise bears, another leopards and tomorrow tigers or lions, they are all worth it and none more important than another In the end. Sorry if typos, I write with mobile phone now and no time to triple check.

According to 2 Russian journalists who personally interviewed Batalov, Batalov told them that the tiger 'Ochkarik' killed and ate the huge male brown bear 'Chlamid'. Now you claim that you contacted Batalov back in 2019, ( despite it being very hard to do ) where he supposedly told you that the huge bear 'Chlamid' was last seen in the Winter of 2018. But you haven't shown any proof of this.

Can you at least post the evidence showing that you did indeed speak with Batalov, and show us the screen-shot of the conversation where he supposedly told you this?  To clear some things up.

Or you can give his contact info ( email ) so he can be contacted and asked about this particular account?

This is off the topic, so I just briefly tell, that what Batalov told to me in July 2019 is in complete contradiction with those newspaper articles and that´s why I don´t take those articles too seriously at all.

Corbett told many stories, which weren´t exactly true, Batalov is mentioned in some occasions as a man with a lot of stories, maybe he is a bit like Corbett if he suddenly 2021 "remembers" something he didn´t remember two years earlier concerning incident which happened in late 2017. I can´t blame him if so, making up some nice story, even though if not exactly true isn´t anything in comparison with his great work in conservation of tigers. Same as with Corbett, some entertaining stories, even when untrue or exaggerated a lot have to be forgiven, when looking at all good things he did.

I can share some screenshots later in some other thread, but not in this one, when I have better time. I shared some already back in 2019, at least to other moderators if not publicly, so long time already, but it can be, that I showed screenshots only to moderators.

Edit. Ps. With newspaper articles there is always that possibility, that reporter has had some "color pencil" when writing article. Many articles have been with inaccuracies in closer look and even totally wrong information. Difficult to say sometimes.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Modern weights and measurements on wild tigers - Shadow - 06-22-2021, 09:06 PM
[email protected] - Pantherinae - 03-24-2022, 02:12 AM
about the tiger - Tiger898 - 06-02-2022, 03:50 PM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 07-24-2022, 12:49 AM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 08-29-2022, 11:43 PM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 08-31-2022, 01:06 PM
[email protected] - Roflcopters - 09-01-2022, 12:41 AM
RE: The Sunderban Tiger - Rishi - 10-27-2017, 04:35 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 06-20-2018, 10:03 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Roflcopters - 06-20-2018, 10:35 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Pckts - 06-20-2018, 10:39 PM
RE: Bigcats News - Pantherinae - 06-21-2018, 08:07 AM
RE: Bigcats News - Spalea - 06-21-2018, 11:23 AM