There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports

Canada Balam Offline
Jaguar Enthusiast

(05-18-2020, 05:43 AM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 09:52 PM)OncaAtrox Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 08:47 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 08:00 PM)OncaAtrox Wrote:
(05-17-2020, 07:24 PM)Dark Jaguar Wrote: onçafari

Pinche male.

VIDEO

*This image is copyright of its original author

Do you have any information on his age? His frame appears rather small akin to an Atlantic forest jaguar rather than a Pantanal one but he is very robust nonetheless.

Pinche started being monitored in 2016 and according to onçafari's estimations he was born in 2013, he is not a very big male here you can see him mating with Natureza female 86.5kg, he doesn't dwarf her but he is indeed a robust male.

Zico male 110kg on the other hand for example he is a very tall male.

These ''smaller'' Pantanal Jags can definitely have similar measurements and dimensions to large Cerrado jags of the same size since they overlap in these situations and speaking of Cerrado jaguars the misterious 118kg cerrado male jaguar I even seriously thought he could be Tiago cerrado male but Tiago was captured in March this year so I ruled out that possibility. But Tiago has all dimensions to be 118kg for sure. I am still trying to find out his weight but with no success as of yet unfortunately.

This cerrado male is probably Tiago.

[/video]
[video]
Indeed he does have a small frame for a Pantanal jaguar but still then I don't doubt he's above or close to 100 kg. It's just unusual to see jaguars of a small frame in Pantanal, nonetheless he is very handsome and robust.
[/video]

he must be an average sized male. Jairzão also has a small frame, he is around 6 years old and 82kg, but he is pure muscles. he was captured at Estação Ecológica de Taiamã  Mato Grosso and the photographer Adriano Gambarini followed the capture.

https://www.oeco.org.br/colunas/adriano-...-encontro/

credits: Adriano Gambarini

In case you wondering who this 118kg cerrado male jag is, he was mentioned in one of @Pckts posts in the jaguar weight and measurements thread.

This conversation really got me excited.

Tiago cerrado male really drove me crazy I can't wait to post him in the modern weight and measurement thread hehe but I am still curious who that 118kg cerrado male could be.

I already left 4 messages whithin a month to Leandro and Anah regarding just Tiago's weight but with no response.

good news is that there are 2 cerrado monsters (or definitely more) out there.
That Cerrado jaguar got me excited as well, he's huge wow. And the other two jaguars that weighed 130 and 135 kg I'm assuming were Pantanal specimems? It'd be great if they could post the names of the jaguars to add them to the long list of Pantanal Tom's that grow past the 130 kg mark. 

Even with these weights I still can't believe some people want to insist in comparing them to leopards, it's beyond frustrating at this point but at least we have a better idea on how big they can get through the work of these conservational groups.
1 user Likes Balam's post

Messages In This Thread
RE: Jaguars of Brazil - Dynamics,Lifestyle,Datas,Studies,Reports - Balam - 05-18-2020, 10:46 AM