There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
African Savanna Leopard: Underrated Big Cat?

United States Styx38 Offline
Banned

I have been browsing various forums and threads. 

I have even searched up some animals on Wikipedia.

It seems many people doubt the Savanna Leopard's capabilities.

From this forum:

(09-08-2014, 05:17 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: First of all. I'm not wrong when I'm not proven wrong pckts. Not once have that happend! And I'm okey beeing wrong, if proven so. But on The rhino thing and different stuff I'm not, and can't You be okey with me not beeing proved so easaly! You should not belive everything You read neiather. 

No pictures of leopard killing an eland only a Kudu. 

On The zebra account, thanks that was very impressive, sadly we can't see The whole zebra! Again I would like to add something i'ts not that I'm saying a leopard can't kill a zebra or wildebeest, but I don't think it can ever happen.

(06-27-2014, 09:37 PM)Pantherinae Wrote:
*This image is copyright of its original author

Very impressive kill by a Cougar! An adult elk stag! Cougars seems to take down massive and more impressive prey than leopards.

Pantherinae Wrote:leopard kills cheetah! It's amazing that a cheetah can kill bigger prey than leopards, atleast what we have caught on tape, and leopards do have such little problem with killing a cheetah,  

cheetahs do tackle kudus at high speed chase so they are brought down in the chase while leopards do have to wrestle down prey with pure muscles! So that probably has something to with that. Also interesting to hear from long time Masai Mara expolrer that wildebeest's and Zebras do seem to fear cheetahs way more than leopards.

https://wildfact.com/forum/topic-felines-hunting

From another forum:

Quote: Cougars are known to take elk and big horn sheep as prey . So in a fight to the finish , the Cougar will defeat the leopard . 

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/animalsversesanimals/african-leopard-vs-cougar-t3893.html

From Wikipedia:

Quote:Although cheetahs and leopards also prey on greater kudus, they are unable to bring down a bull, and consequently target the more vulnerable cows and offspring

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greater_kudu

Quote:Though leopards do not usually feed on equids as in Africa, this may be because Persian leopards are larger and strong enough to prey on Asiatic wild asses.[9][10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onager

So what do you guys think?
1 user Likes Styx38's post

Messages In This Thread
African Savanna Leopard: Underrated Big Cat? - Styx38 - 10-04-2019, 08:19 AM