There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 12 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris)

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 06-24-2021, 08:22 PM by Shadow )

@peter  Yes, I won´t participate in debate for the reasons I mentioned. At this point, as I said, in my point of view Batalov can basically only confirm what he told earlier or contradict with himself and neither option brings nothing new to big picture. Also if he would suddenly change his story and then if trying to find out what is really true, it would demand kind of "interrogation" meaning several messages going back and forth. I don´t think that he would like it and I for sure hate to do such thing to a person who I respect a lot. As I mentioned, I see Batalov as a great conservationist and his work for tigers has been and is so important, that this kind of minor issue, when thinking about it really, isn´t worth to cause inconvenience for a man, whose real work is so important.

I don´t think how many people think about things in this way too, when eagerly wanting to know things. Because this issue, even though some interest towards it, is after all minor and insignificant matter in comparison to other points of views, I have chosen not to have such discussion with him. Naturally I will read too if he tells to Nyers something to see, if he really contradicts with himself or not. 

It can be, that I have some discussion with him too about other things, but with him it´s pretty much about it, if he has time and/or interest to change some thoughts. I have some personal matters of interests making me often to contact to different biologists, or at least trying to contact them. With some it´s easier and with some it´s no so easy.

But to keep this short, that might open up a little more why I don´t try to start to grill Batalov for Chlamid anymore. 

What comes to it, how I see adult male brown bears and adult male tiger interactions and possible conflicts in RFE, I consider as reliable those which are mentioned in scientific studies as confirmed. I haven´t found any adult male brown bears in that list. Then again do I think, that it would be impossible, that there would be some adult male bears killed by male tigers, no. I don´t think, that it would be impossible as I have never done, I see it just as pretty rare thing to happen. Already it, that from a time period of approximately two centuries there are 3-4 cases in which it might have happened but never proven points out strongly to that direction, that very rare. If one day one could be found and proven as a really solid case it would naturally confirm, what I (and I think, that you too) have guessed all the time. I of course believe myself, that there are some adult male tigers too, which have tried their luck one step too far with a male brown bear. Reason is, that in confirmed cases there are some subadult/young adult male tigers killed by male brown bears and in some more vague situations it´s mentioned that male bears have bullied also male tigers in rare occasions.

I think, that this matter is to all, who are interested a mix based on solid and confirmed cases and then unconfirmed older stories. And all approach this matter from own perspectives. So while in some issues there can be agreement, in some others there isn´t and I don´t think that never will when there is any room for speculation. That´s why I don´t start to debate, because in this matter it leads to dead end. When I write, I tell how I see certain things. As always some others see in other way and so on. 

I always read with certain interest what kind of things are found out and how credible they look like. But I won´t go to endless yes/no debate, when I see, that too much speculation is possible in different ways. I see it way more convenient to open up how I see certain things and then every reader can decide themselves if they see there some good points or not.
1 user Likes Shadow's post

Messages In This Thread
Demythologizing T16 - tigerluver - 04-12-2020, 11:14 AM
RE: ON THE EDGE OF EXTINCTION - A - THE TIGER (Panthera tigris) - Shadow - 06-24-2021, 02:58 PM
Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:24 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-28-2014, 09:32 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 07-29-2014, 12:26 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - peter - 07-29-2014, 06:35 AM
Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-04-2014, 01:06 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Pckts - 09-04-2014, 01:52 AM
RE: Tiger recycling bin - Roflcopters - 09-05-2014, 12:31 AM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 09:37 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 10:27 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 11-15-2014, 11:03 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - Apollo - 02-19-2015, 10:55 PM
RE: Tiger Data Bank - GuateGojira - 02-23-2015, 11:06 AM