There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Embed Twitter and Instagram feeds directly

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Since social media is being used a lot to upload videos, here's some tips so you can know how to embed the videos you find on either Instagram or Twitter and want to post them here.

Instagram: You copy the url of the video in question, like: https://www.instagram.com/p/BXioMXjj3NU/...=londolozi

And then you insert it in between here: [insta][/insta]

So it looks like this:
Code:
[insta]https://www.instagram.com/p/BXioMXjj3NU/?taken-by=londolozi[/insta]

Twitter: For Twitter it is almost the same process. Copy the url of the video: https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/925679434484633600

And insert it in between this: [tweet][/tweet]

So it looks like this: 
Code:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/925679434484633600[/tweet]

Don't leave spaces, otherwise the video won't show.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

So, how do i embed Instagram photos (without illegally downloading or taking screenshots)..?

Could we have a tutorial of screenshots?..
1 user Likes Rishi's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Rishi, read the above instruction by Tshowkane
First copy the url of post and then insert it in between [insta][/insta] shortcode
2 users Like sanjay's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Observation:

If the Instagram video isn't visible after inserting the above code, just refresh the page.
1 user Likes Rishi's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 08-06-2018, 08:26 PM by Rishi )

(08-06-2018, 06:02 PM)Rage2277 Wrote:
(08-06-2018, 04:01 PM)Rishi Wrote:
(07-30-2018, 07:48 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl00J7aH9II/?taken-by=natgeowild7 lion attacks buffalo cow

Dude, just write [insta]...[/insta] on both sides of the link & it'd be embedded here. [tweet]...[/tweet] for Twitter posts.

I did that it dosen't work

That's strange. I've been fixing your posts, works well then...

Don't use this URL sharing button though.

*This image is copyright of its original author

Just paste the URL & manually add the rest on both sides.
Your code should look like this:

Although you might see something like this:

I don't know why that happens but just refresh the page & it should fix itself. Let me know if you have any other problem.

(If you feel there should be a button for embedding, mention that here: The Good and Bad about Wildfact.  
You should've told about this problem, that's why this thread was created.)

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Before inserting these tags or any other advance tag... I suggest to use last button (view source mode). This avoid unnecessary markups during writing posts with advance elements

1 user Likes sanjay's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 09-30-2021, 06:40 PM by Timbavati Edit Reason: Wrong words )

@criollo2mil  Everything need be together, for example, [insta]link[/insta]

criollo2mil Offline
Contributor

(09-30-2021, 06:36 PM)Timbavati Wrote: @criollo2mil  Everything need be together, for example, [insta]link[/insta]

Thank you Tino….I have lots to learn.  :)
1 user Likes criollo2mil's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(09-30-2021, 06:50 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(09-30-2021, 06:36 PM)Timbavati Wrote: @criollo2mil  Everything need be together, for example, [insta]link[/insta]

Thank you Tino….I have lots to learn.  :)

Always a pleasure my friend, I'm here to help. If you ever has a question, feel free to ask us

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

@Gavskrr Here you can check on how embed Instagram feeds directly. Hope this helps my friend. If you ever has a question, feel free to ask.
1 user Likes Timbavati's post

Gavskrr Offline

(10-02-2021, 01:35 AM)Timbavati Wrote: @Gavskrr Here you can check on how embed Instagram feeds directly. Hope this helps my friend. If you ever has a question, feel free to ask.

I should have checked the existence of this topic will be of great help, thank you my friend it takes me a lot of doubts
1 user Likes Gavskrr's post

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

(10-02-2021, 01:49 AM)Gavskrr Wrote:
(10-02-2021, 01:35 AM)Timbavati Wrote: @Gavskrr Here you can check on how embed Instagram feeds directly. Hope this helps my friend. If you ever has a question, feel free to ask.

I should have checked the existence of this topic will be of great help, thank you my friend it takes me a lot of doubts

Always a pleasure my friend. I'm here to help to members with their doubts and questions. Without a doubt, this thread will be helpful. It has helped me a lot as well when I joined WildFact

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

@Brahimlegend Everything need be together, for example [insta]link[/insta]

Timbavati Offline
Moderators

@Mdz123 Read this thread to embed Twitter and Instagram feeds directly. If you have any doubt. Don't doubt in send me a message

Canada Mdz123 Offline
Contributor

(10-20-2021, 09:30 AM)Timbavati Wrote: @Mdz123 Read this thread to embed Twitter and Instagram feeds directly. If you have any doubt. Don't doubt in send me a message

I have tried to put [insta] and [/insta] between the links. But it does not work. I think it has something to do with me being iPad user