There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Wild Boar

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-24-2018, 07:21 PM by Rishi )

Herd of wild pigs in India scavenging on leopard's kill after chasing it away..

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like Rishi's post

Russian Federation AlexE Offline
Watchlisted Member

Wild boar/pig eating off a wild dog kill. He couldn't care less! Photo by Subhoranjan Sen.

7 users Like AlexE's post

Watchlisted Member

7 users Like AlexE's post

Watchlisted Member
( This post was last modified: 03-12-2018, 06:32 PM by AlexE )

Wolves are sometimes killed by wild boars. Almost every wild boar hunter saw the dead body of wolf (1-3 times) killed by wild boar.
http://portaleco.ru/kaban-ekologija-i-ho...ragov.html

3 users Like AlexE's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Mohamed Marzook
Fearless

Thats a huge boar, I only saw one that may have been as large if not larger than this one.
6 users Like Pckts's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 12:03 AM by Wolverine )

@AlexE you have posted several extremely interesting and unique videos concerning interactions between boar, brown bear and grey wolves, thank you! Молодец. I recommend  you to post them also in brown bear and wolf thread, because not so many guys here read the boar thread.
2 users Like Wolverine's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-13-2018, 03:23 AM by epaiva )

Measurements of Wild board
Huge difference in size of males and females as can be seen in picture number one
Taken from the book Encoclopedia Salvat de La Fauna 1979
2 users Like epaiva's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Those are very large Boar, the ones I saw in India weren't near that large, I'd guess the largest are 150-200kg and they very well could be less, I'm not as seasoned at boar size compared to cats.

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

I read a few years ago that the wild boars were thriving during the former Yougoslavia wars in the nineties, because they were able to feed on roots, tubers and bulbs within some areas where they detected the mines and, thus, avoided them.

Pigs are smart animals, and the wild boars even more.
2 users Like Spalea's post

Canada Wolverine Away
Wink 

@GrizzlyClaws you are interested in canine teeth of different animals. I have in my grand father's house in Europe 2 big canine teeth of wild boar 19 cm long. They look really impressive, one of them is broken that's why probably the hunter presented to me when I was a child. I could exchange with you these boar teeth to Smilodon populator tooth or claw if you have in your collection....!!??..... (joke)
1 user Likes Wolverine's post

United States GrizzlyClaws Offline
Canine Expert
Moderators

(03-14-2018, 04:14 AM)Wolverine Wrote: @GrizzlyClaws you are interested in canine teeth of different animals. I have in my grand father's house in Europe 2 big canine teeth of wild boar 19 cm long. They look really impressive, one of them is broken that's why probably the hunter presented to me when I was a child. I could exchange with you these boar teeth to Smilodon populator tooth or claw if you have in your collection....!!??..... (joke)

To be honest, I am not planning to hold the possession of any items from the wild animals.

As for the contribution of information about the canines and claws of the big cats, @Betty is now taking my place.
3 users Like GrizzlyClaws's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

2 users Like Rishi's post

Canada Wolverine Away
( This post was last modified: 05-04-2018, 01:36 PM by Wolverine )

Fierce fight between wild boar and 4 hunting dogs, the boar succeeds to catch one of them and almost kills it.
This video demonstrates how dangerous could be for grey wolves to attack adult boar. Amazing speed and maneuvering capabilities from the boar's side:

3 users Like Wolverine's post

Canada Wolverine Away

1 user Likes Wolverine's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-22-2018, 04:16 AM by epaiva )

Wild boar tusk

3 users Like epaiva's post