There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Lions of Tanzania (Serengeti, Ngorongoro and others)

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Anjan Lal

Gorgeous Male Lion from the Ngorongoro Crater
Ngorongoro Conservation Area
Tanzania

*This image is copyright of its original author

George Mbaula
An old Lion in the Ngorongoro Crater in Tanzania. Taken June15, 2016

Anjan Lal

Side Profile of a Male Lion
Tanzania

Anjan Lal

Lions Rule the Ngorongoro Crater as Well!
Tanzania

Lions Rule the Ngorongoro Crater as Well!
Tanzania

8 users Like Pckts's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Serengeti Park Tanzania at Namiri plain  camp with new visitors.

Credits to Raymond Yonah

Serengeti Park Tanzania the second largest park after Ruaha National Park southern Tanzania

7 users Like Gamiz's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Male lion with prey in Ruaha National Park. Photo credits: Unknown.

9 users Like Ngala's post

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

@Pckts,

I hope you have a very well-maintained trip to the Serengeti/Ngorongoro Crater. Bring back some extremely valuable pics to this forum, please! I am very sure you'd make a great photographer, as with anyone who catches a sight of a wild animal for the first time would definitely do.

I don't have any photos from my PBI trips, but I do have some from my trip to South Africa in 2013 (Rhino & Lion Game Park/and another reserve I forgot the name of): maybe I can share some of the pics with you and other members.

I definitely encourage you to photograph some physically-impressive lions (and other animals) during the duration of your trip and to share your experiences with us after your trip!

I might take another trip up to the Arctic after college, and finally photograph some Arctic elements for this forum, including the infamous Polar Bear, my favorite animal! But this will be about five years in the future (hopefully, I am alive).

I wish you the absolute best trip to the Serengeti area!

8 users Like Polar's post

Singapore Skybed Offline
( This post was last modified: 07-29-2016, 09:12 PM by Skybed )

@Gamiz regarding post #17

Coffee anyone?
5 users Like Skybed's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Anjan Lal

This Guy is Seriously One of the Biggest Male Lions I've Ever Seen in the Wild!!!
Tanzania

6 users Like Pckts's post

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@Pckts:

about #21: It would be fine if we could see him near an other lion to appreciate his size...

But this is true that some photo showing lions of Tanzania are very impressive. Some told that Serengeti lions were small in size next to Ngorongoro lions, I rather would think they belong to a good standard.
5 users Like Spalea's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

(08-02-2016, 01:30 AM)Spalea Wrote: @Pckts:

about #21: It would be fine if we could see him near an other lion to appreciate his size...

But this is true that some photo showing lions of Tanzania are very impressive. Some told that Serengeti lions were small in size next to Ngorongoro lions, I rather would think they belong to a good standard.

Those are Anjans words. He has said to me specifically that lions throughout africa are all the same size (more or less) so I think he is referring to that specific male lion who just so happens to be from the Ngorongoro.
Packer has said that Serengeti lions are smaller and ngorongoro lions are larger at least when it comes to robustness in the chest.
It just comes down to the persons perspective, it's going to be hard to tell with the naked eye if one individual truly is larger or smaller than another unless its blatant or you get to see them together.
5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

"Three Lionesses, walking back from a big meal, Serengeti National Park, Tanzania" ‪#‎Serengeti‬ ‪#‎Tanzania‬ Photography by @theglobalphotographer

6 users Like Pckts's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Sometimes kids can be a pain in the Butt as this Male Lion found out at Kleins Camp in Tanzania @andbeyondrangers @andbeyondsafari #andbeyondsafari #andbeyondrangers #andrewschoeman #kleinscamp #tanzania #serengeti #lion

Credits to Andrew Schoeman

6 users Like Gamiz's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Fantastic Lion capture in the Serengeti this week. 

http://www.bushtopscamps.com/safaris/sample-itineraries

8 users Like Gamiz's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

In the Serengeti we found a green oasis in the middle of nowhere. Two old lion males were resting there. Maybe they are no longer in their prime and won't get (anymore) a prize for the handsomest lion of the world, but it's interesting to see how life has left its traces on them. ‎Credits to Ramona Reichert‎.

6 users Like Tshokwane's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Here he comes...

Serengeti Tanzania,2016. Credits to Limor Bahar.

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Mexico Gamiz Offline
Lion Enthusiast

Alert.

One of the coalition of six male lions dominating in the eastern Serengeti now.
Tanzania, Serengeti National Park. August 2016.
http://www.kirichko.net
#wildography

2 users Like Gamiz's post

Italy Ngala Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-13-2016, 05:25 PM by Ngala )

Photo and information credits: Photowildsa
"Eyes on the prize!!! A male lion hunting Wildebeest in the Ngorongoro Crater!"

"This Dominant male lion was watching his two brothers approaching in the distance!"

4 users Like Ngala's post