There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bear Anatomy

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-31-2018, 04:41 AM by epaiva )

Brown Bear paw
Credit to Daniel G Sanchez

*This image is copyright of its original author
5 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 12:52 AM by epaiva )

Kodiak Bear in Museo de Ciencias de Caracas, Venezuela. I tried to take picture as close as possible to the Bear to compare it but it is like two meters away from me so it was not a very good picture, I am close to (6,2 ft). 1,87 mts tall and Bear is mounted about a foot higher than were I am standing, It is not one really large male it is about 2,5 meters tall

5 users Like epaiva's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor

(01-12-2019, 12:41 AM)epaiva Wrote: Kodiak Bear in Museo de Ciencias de Caracas, Venezuela. I tried to take picture as close as possible to the Bear to compare it but it is like two meters away from me so it was not a very good picture, I am close to (6,2 ft). 1,87 mts tall and Bear is mounted about a foot higher than were I am standing, It is not one really large male it is about 2,5 meters tall

Next time look if there are no guards or surveillance cameras and then quickly next to that bear Wink They can´t guard it like english do with crown jewels Grin
3 users Like Shadow's post

Finland Shadow Offline
Contributor
( This post was last modified: 01-12-2019, 05:25 AM by Shadow )

(01-12-2019, 12:41 AM)epaiva Wrote: Kodiak Bear in Museo de Ciencias de Caracas, Venezuela. I tried to take picture as close as possible to the Bear to compare it but it is like two meters away from me so it was not a very good picture, I am close to (6,2 ft). 1,87 mts tall and Bear is mounted about a foot higher than were I am standing, It is not one really large male it is about 2,5 meters tall

Btw that is on the other hand a very good example how much it has effect when something should be compared and if there is even short distance between compared things. I mean only 2 meters and you are 187 cm and that bear about 250 cm. It would be easy to think, that quite small bear from those photos. Still 63 cm taller is quite a lot if side by side...
2 users Like Shadow's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

7 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-06-2019, 04:18 AM by epaiva )

Kodiak Bear paw with impressive claws, these really white and worn claws are sure signs of an old bear
Book Kodiak Kings - Steve Wood

4 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
Lightbulb 

Huge incredible Polar Bear paw
Credit to @natural_selections

3 users Like epaiva's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

Differentiating Sloth Bears from Asiatic Black Bears in Camera-Trap Photos

https://www.researchgate.net/publication...rap_Photos
3 users Like Sully's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 10-10-2019, 11:14 PM by epaiva )

The hide measured 11 feet, 3 inches. The pads of his hind feet measured 15 1/4 inches in length, the neck of the carcass after the hide was removed measured 52 inches around. The skull measured 17 3/8 x 11 5/8, and the body was 8'6" from nose to tail. The trophy was mounted by taxidermist Coleman Jonas in 1935, the bear mount spent many years on display in Chicago's Marshall Fields Department Store. Book Kodiak Island and its Bears

2 users Like epaiva's post

United States Roberto Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 10-21-2019, 05:03 AM by Roberto )

Kansas sisters discover ‘ancient’ bear skull along Arkansas River

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews...-river.amp
2 users Like Roberto's post