There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hoofed Predators

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 12-27-2018, 10:33 PM by epaiva )

(12-27-2018, 07:43 PM)johnny rex Wrote: I think Entelodonts are omnivorous, a little bit like a hippo. Hippos are known to consumed meat on occasions.

I think they were scavengers like hyaenas because many of their found skulls have big numbers of broken teeth, it happened when they were biting bones
2 users Like epaiva's post

Malaysia johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(12-27-2018, 10:31 PM)epaiva Wrote:
(12-27-2018, 07:43 PM)johnny rex Wrote: I think Entelodonts are omnivorous, a little bit like a hippo. Hippos are known to consumed meat on occasions.

I think they were scavengers like hyaenas because many of their found skulls have big numbers of  broken teeth, it happened when they were biting bones

Perhaps, I think they're opportunistic. Biting bones are one of the possibilities, there are other possibilities on why their teeth are broken though.
3 users Like johnny rex's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

*This image is copyright of its original author

3 users Like epaiva's post

Malaysia johnny rex Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

(05-07-2019, 03:21 AM)epaiva Wrote:

Andrewsarchus skull looks very similar to entelodonts.
3 users Like johnny rex's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

Two Andrewsarchus squabbled over an abandoned baby Brontothere, at a kill these scavengers yield to nothin except possibly another Andrewsarchus.
Book Walking with Prehistoric Beasts (Tim Haines)

4 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

Archaeotherium
Credit to @ihponig

3 users Like epaiva's post