There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Greece LionKiss Offline

(09-09-2017, 10:26 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote: If I remember correctly Mr.T and KT were dominant over Torchwood pride as well and there are no much updated from the lodges reg torchwood pride!

yes they were, and Torchwood pride used to live in KNP too and there is no any info if any of the MrT/KT's Torchwood cubs have survived
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(09-09-2017, 10:44 PM)T Rabbit Wrote: The mapogos are not the only ones who killed their own offspring. Majingilanes killed their own tsalala cubs and matimbas their own mbiri cubs too. But majingilanes and matimbas had a lot of sons while mapogos not. Althoug some of the offspring was killed by humans the mapogos were not so lucky in have male sons. The mr.t incident And of course the majingilanes destroyed the mapogos sons in the east and selatis destroyed in the west.

this is what happens in all takeovers,
you see what happened with the Eyrefield Pride cubs in the last few months, all of them were killed by the Mantimahle Males, there were 5 cubs and all are dead.
The same happened when the BBoys took over the Nkuhuma Pride from the matimbas in 2015.
It is not something unexpected.
The mapogos did the same when took over prides.
2 users Like LionKiss's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Kinky tail with the Tsalala pride, 2009.

3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Chris Offline

https://youtu.be/X4BxUpo4Ack So sad sand river males they would have been dominant like their 6 fathers before them.
1 user Likes Chris's post

United States IñigoMontoya Offline

(09-26-2017, 08:21 PM)Chris Wrote: https://youtu.be/X4BxUpo4Ack So sad sand river males they would have been dominant like their 6 fathers before them.

Incomprehensible story.

If they (ranger) had shot them because they exit of SS.....I dont understand why they had to take pictures with them like trophies. I dont know but this is a story a little dark and the excuse a little poor in my opinion

I think, if you are a real ranger and like the lions you would NEVER shot an animal an take a picture like trophies of them........
3 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(09-26-2017, 08:43 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: If they (ranger) had shot them because they exit of SS.....I dont understand why they had to take pictures with them like trophies. I dont know but this is a story a little dark and the excuse a little poor in my opinion

I think, if you are a real ranger and like the lions you would NEVER shot an animal an take a picture like trophies of them........

It doesn't change anything, nor it means anything else, really.
1 user Likes Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Gues Ellie - Leopard Hills.

Well I have been well and truly welcomed or should I say put in my place by the resident coalition of 5 Male Lions.

My second day out on drive and all 5 Mapogo’s were together again for the first time in a while. We arrived as the sun was going down and the older male decided to reinforce his seniority and began roaring toward our vehicle. Not to be out done the other four responded but were too lazy to get up and roared while still lying down.

Click on it to play.

3 users Like Tshokwane's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

King of Sabi Sands .
Makhulu Mapogo

Credits Marius Coetzee

*This image is copyright of its original author
4 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

2012-08-30 BY CHRISTIAN SPERKA
Walk the Mapogo Males 

You may never heard of the Mapogo Male Lion Coalition of the Sabi Sands. For years a six male coalition “ruled” the Lion prides in the Sabi Sands. Two of these (now over ten year old) Lions are still alive. Today we found and walked these two legendary males. We took a direct approach in which we made sure that the Lions knew we were there. The picture above was taken during the encounter.
We approached to about 50 meters (~ 130 feet) when one of the Lions showed some sign of “dis-comfort” with our presence. We extracted slowly (and safely) from the sighting. It was one of the most exciting things I ever done in my life!
We then went back and viewed them from our game viewer.

Big Cats Enthusiast

Mr.T and Kinky Tail vs Styx Pride During a takeover
August 2008

pc discovery channel

5 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

The Mapogo with the most impressive mane and most intense stare.

Shaka Mlowathi

pc unknown

Big Cats Enthusiast

one of the Mapogo Sons (OTTAWA M)

pc unknown

Big Cats Enthusiast

video of 3 Mapogos after confrontation with Selatis on February 2012
Pretty Boy Mapogo was caught alone by Selati males until Mr.T and Makhulu came for rescue and chased selatis away.
credits Idube Game Reserve

Big Cats Enthusiast

First Video of Mr.T after returning to Western Sector.

Dated 3rd July 2010
Credits Idube Game Reserve 

3 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

King T Mapogo Marking Territory

Idube Game Reserve

7 users Like fursan syed's post