There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

Chris Offline

Any reports on the sons of the mapogo the Ottawa males. I thought they went down to Kruger.
1 user Likes Chris's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(06-09-2017, 11:49 PM)Chris Wrote: Any reports on the sons of the mapogo the Ottawa males. I thought they went down to Kruger.

that took place by January 2012, no reports since then
1 user Likes LionKiss's post

Brazil T Rabbit Offline

-Kinky tail skull with a bite role above his right eye made by majingilanes:

-kinky tail skull next to the #5 majingilane skull:

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like T Rabbit's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

The Lion who was always first in the matters of blood according to Mala Mala.

The Mapogo with his own rules.
They called him saTan
Aka Mr. T

Pc unknown

*This image is copyright of its original author
2 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Shaka Is Watching You... Always!

Credits: Diane Wailles- Baile

United States IñigoMontoya Offline
Tongue 

T Rabbit-Kinky tail skull with a bite role above his right eye made by majingilanes:

-kinky tail skull next to the #5 majingilane skull:

Is confirmed that is the Kinky Tail skull?

What happened with the rest of skeleton? I have seen a photo where he died and only could see a big pool of blood. I'd like put a monument there he he he. (well and another for the 5th Majingilane. He fought like a true lion)
http://www.zimpix.com/blogimages/2010/06/lion_10.jpg
http://www.zimpix.com/blogimages/2010/06/lion_11.jpg

(I have hear  Mr T was buried but I dont know if is true).

PLEASE CLONE TO KINKY TAIL. He he he.
1 user Likes IñigoMontoya's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(07-02-2017, 02:54 AM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: Is confirmed that is the Kinky Tail skull?

It is confirmed, yes. The lady that took those pictures, Karin van der Merwe, works there in Nkorho and she's one of the guides explaining the confrontation in both Nat geo's "Caught in the act" and the latest documentary about the Mapogos.

Quote:What happened with the rest of skeleton? I have seen a photo where he died and only could see a big pool of blood.

Well, the Majingilane ate him for quite a while, and then what I've read is that little was left from obviously hyenas, vultures and jackals, although I can't say exactly what was left.
3 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States Fredymrt Offline

Mapogo 2 and Mr.t (pic 2007)

3 users Like Fredymrt's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Lion Stare

Sabi Sands, South Africa

Dreadlocks Mapogo Male 

This is one of the members of the famed Mapogo group of male lions. The Mapogo can adequately be described as one of the most badass group of male lions, and have enjoyed photographing them when I am in the Sabi Sands. With this image we sat next to him off to the side of our Land Rover, as he was relaxed but alert. You can tell he has been in many altercations, due to the amount of scars on his face. I used a 70-200mm lens on a D3x to capture this image, which indicates just how close we were to each other. His stare just went right through me, which is an envigorating feeling. Do a Google search on the Mapogo Lions or Mapogo Males if you get a chance. Some fascinating reading, to say the least.

I will be running two back-to-back safaris to Singita Sabi Sands in June, which is
part of the historical territory of the Mapogo males. 

picture credits and writing credist goes to Andy biggs

6 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

(07-05-2017, 06:52 PM)Fredymrt Wrote: Mapogo 2 and Mr.t (pic 2007)

@Fredymrt  
do u have a report attached with this pic ? can you upload that also ?

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to James Tyrrell - Londolozi. 

August 2012.

I don’t know if I’ll be seeing the Mapogo ever again. This legendary coalition of male lions has been reduced to just two surviving members, the one pictured here being affectionately dubbed

“Pretty Boy”. This shot was taken one morning when we tracked him and his brother, Makhulu, to a waterhole in the South of Londolozi not too long ago. They have not been seen on our property since these pics were taken.

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

Epic pic about Eternal enemies
Kinky Tail killing Hyena

Credits: Unknown

6 users Like vinodkumarn's post

United States IñigoMontoya Offline

When the legend begins
2 users Like IñigoMontoya's post

United States vinodkumarn Offline
Vinod Lion Enthusiast

(08-02-2017, 09:23 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote:

When the legend begins

Kinky Tail
2 users Like vinodkumarn's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-05-2017, 12:01 PM by fursan syed )

Mapogo male lion coalition
Monday January 31, 2011
Posted by Greg Coates

After all the anticipation of the three brothers raiding the kudu kill made by the Ximungwe lioness, they didn't even manage to find it. They did however continue to follow the large herd of buffalo and three nights ago they were seen making an attempt right outside the lodge. Makhulu bravely charged the herd and grabbed a calf, but before he could suffocate it a large bull buffalo came to the rescue and actually tossed Makhulu up in the air. Fortunately the dominant old male was not injured, but the same cannot be said for Sataan who has a large gash under his front left leg, no doubt the result of a previous failed attempt on the herd. The next day Makhulu was found with two Ximungwe lionesses, having lost interest in food and rather choosing to concentrate on potential mating. The other two brothers could be heard roaring to the east, still following the herd no doubt. All three brothers were then found together this morning along with a lioness who Makhulu is courting. Sataan and Skoro appear to have had success as their full stomachs bulged but Makhulu did not seem bothered as he clearly valued the oppurtunitiy to mate rather than eat!
3 users Like fursan syed's post