There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 7 Vote(s) - 3.86 Average
The Mighty Mapogos

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 07:31 PM by Pckts )

I'm sure the majin's have  ran as well, even though in the doc., it's just one majingilane running from t and kt. I'd like to see how it started in the beginning though if you have that proof?
In regards to T being chased by the Majinilanes:
Mr. T first got there, he assessed then engaged and was quickly overtaken by 2 majingilanes then was chased by 2 majingilanes while the other two stayed behind and finished off Kt.

The video posted on the mapogos fb yesterday has a slow motion moment where Mr. T stands up after laying down mind you and I thought I saw blood dripping down his hip, maybe not, but I'll look again. Either way, he is lying down, he's not rushing in, he's not fighting, he's lying down. 

If a full video exists and it shows Mr. T confronting them, charging into the fight against 4, I'll quickly say you're right, but since I've seen no such video and you say "it's lost" I certainly don't agree with your assessment.
So if you have rangers who were there before the fight started and they collaborate with what you're saying, please post it here. But if they arrived on the scene and the fight had begun prior and they're just going off of a lion roaring, that is far from confirmation.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Greece LionKiss Offline

(03-17-2017, 06:51 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote:
(03-17-2017, 12:00 PM)LionKiss Wrote: Could someone explain why MrT's dead body was buried in a secret place?
Is this what the rangers do to dead animals?
As far as I know dead animals are left to other animals to feed on.
This is what happened to Hip Scar, to the young Sparta, to Diamond Toulon,

was MrT's dead body not good for other animals to eat??

Could someone answer this? 
Is not it a little suspicious?
After T died, rangers took his body to study it for Bovine TB and other things. That is why we have an autopsy of his body. That burial part, no one has been given a single proof if he was actually buried or not, just rangers saying they did - but in a secret location.

But if you want to know why he was buried, that is because he was a special lion and rangers KNEW this. And to give him the respect a dead king deserves, they made sure that no one scavenged him and then gave him a burial (if they actually did)!

There is a guy called Greg Posthumus (something like this) and he is the person who buried MrT the same morning.
No autopsy was performed, it is just a lie.
I think there is some document but it is just a lie.
There is no reason to check an old Lion for Bovine TB, all lions carry this disease since they eat buffalos and MrT has been found positive when Botha made blood tests of MrT.

All those excuses are childish. 
In fact no one believes them.
1 user Likes LionKiss's post

South Africa HouseOfLions Offline
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 07:45 PM by HouseOfLions )

(03-17-2017, 07:24 PM)Pckts Wrote: I'm sure the majin's have  ran as well.
Mr. T first got there, he assessed then engaged and was quickly overtaken by 2 majingilanes then was chased by 2 majingilanes while the other two stayed behind and finished off Kt.

The video posted on the mapogos fb yesterday has a slow motion moment where Mr. T stands up after laying down mind you and I thought I saw blood dripping down his hip, maybe not, but I'll look again. Either way, he is lying down, he's not rushing in, he's not fighting, he's lying down. 

If a full video exists and it shows Mr. T confronting them, charging into the fight against 4, I'll quickly say you're right, but since I've seen no such video and you say "it's lost" I certainly don't agree with your assessment.

Wrong again. It wasn't just 2 manginji, it was all 4 of them that chased T- how did you miss this? Even the video says that KT was left alone, unable to move and bleeding out. T was fighting the 1st manginis, that is when the other joined in. He kept fighting. That was when the others pulled off KT and started to chase him.

Post this video then, let us people see. I posted the original video, which clearly shows that T was perfectly fine before the attack started. Hell, in the video, the person even says that T would not go down without a fight, MEANING A FIGHT HADN'T HAPPENED YET!

A full video did exist but it was taken down. And why does T have to charge at them huh? Him being in their presence and constantly roaring at them to exert his dominance means he wanted the fight. If he didn't want to, he could have run away as well. They would have chased him but once a lion sees the other lion is running away, they generally let him go as they have already won and banished him. This happened with Mak and PB!
1 user Likes HouseOfLions's post

( This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 07:51 PM by HouseOfLions )

(03-17-2017, 07:24 PM)Pckts Wrote: I'm sure the majin's have  ran as well, even though in the doc., it's just one majingilane running from t and kt. I'd like to see how it started in the beginning though if you have that proof?
In regards to T being chased by the Majinilanes:

So if you have rangers who were there before the fight started and they collaborate with what you're saying, please post it here. But if they arrived on the scene and the fight had begun prior and they're just going off of a lion roaring, that is far from confirmation.
You want proof of what? The day battle video only shows when Kt and T caught the 5th manginjis. But a ranger -Karen ver de Merve - said in an interview that she saw 3 manginjis, then 2 and then 2 other lions chasing. This is when the manginjis got split up into 2 groups or 3 and 2. And then the 2 manginjis, got split up and this is where Kt and T found the 5th manginjis hiding in the grass and then proceeded to kill him.

Why don't you look this up yourself? I thought you would have known this already? She was the first ranger who witnessed this, her say has the highest priority.
1 user Likes HouseOfLions's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 08:14 PM by Pckts )

Ok, I don't doubt it, they're in a new territory and had no idea who the resident males were. Obviously didn't stop them from coming back. Also, where were the other two?
Can you please post the rangers comments as well since I don't know where to find it and you're the one using the claim about the maj's being scattered.

You're wrong about the video, it specifically mentions that "2 chased Mr. T off" I even posted the video and the time it occurred. Then the other two join in later to chase him, you even see the two chase him off intially, it also doesn't change the fact that he ran, a smart move.

In the other video the ranger said t wouldn't go down without a fight "he's the only one out of the 3 that stood for his territory and took on these 3 by himself"
"Took on" means it has already occurred, not it hasn't happened yet. Now if the ranger was there before the fight started then he would know how it stared but since he came after the roaring had started he doesn't know exactly how it happened.
Once again, a lion in the prone position isn't a lion being aggressive, it's I. That position because it's tired, injured or relaxing.
So even if that was the very beginning let's say, which it's not, there is nothing there that shows Mr. T being the aggressor. He's lying down, surrounded by lions, he's being attacked, not attacking and he's panting heavily.

This is my last post on the matter unless the rangers words and/or a new video are presented.
4 users Like Pckts's post

( This post was last modified: 03-18-2017, 09:57 AM by sanjay )

(03-17-2017, 07:57 PM)Pckts Wrote: Ok, I don't doubt it, they're in a new territory and had no idea who the resident males were. Obviously didn't stop them from coming back. Also, where were the other two?
Can you please post the rangers comments as well since I don't know where to find it and you're the one using the claim about the maj's being scattered.

You're wrong about the video, it specifically mentions that "2 chased Mr. T off" I even posted the video and the time it occurred. Then the other two join in later to chase him, you even see the two chase him off intially, it also doesn't change the fact that he ran, a smart move.

In the other video the ranger said t wouldn't go down without a fight "he's the only one out of the 3 that stood for his territory and took on these 3 by himself"
"Took on" means it has already occurred, not it hasn't happened yet. Now if the ranger was there before the fight started then he would know how it stared but since he came after the roaring had started he doesn't know exactly how it happened.
Once again, a lion in the prone position isn't a lion being aggressive, it's I. That position because it's tired, injured or relaxing.  
So even if that was the very beginning let's say, which it's not, there is nothing there that shows Mr. T being the aggressor. He's lying down, surrounded by lions, he's being attacked, not attacking and he's panting heavily.

This is my last post on the matter unless the rangers words and/or a new video are presented.
Thank you, we agree on something. And yes, there were scared, no need to sugar coat it.

Of course they came back. But as soon as they heard the mlowathis roars and noticed the mlowathis chasing, they "tucked tail" and started to run away, AGAIN!

Which other 2. I told in the day, they were all together but got separated into to 2 groups of 3 and 2. The mlowahtis chased the group of 2, causing the 2 manginjis to split up even further and then finally finding the 5th manginjis alone, hiding in the grass.

It is not a comment, but a video report. Go search for it online or as one of your buddies. It is not my sole responsibility to provide you with everything, you also have internet, use it. (if not, ask Fursan because I am busy at the moment).

lol, I am wrong. The first 2 didn't chase Mr t, they were the ones that engaged him and started to overpower him. When he noticed the other 2 get off of Kt, he started to retreat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcE13pz1Gpg

The point is, all 4 of them chased him at the time and that has been my whole point.

What video are you talking about? Post some proof PLEASE. The video I posted clearly shows that before the fought even started, the 3 selati's didn't make a move on it. I think you are confusing videos or something. Lol, ever ranger knows that the fight started when all 4 selati's were present, I thought you knew this as well? Are you making this video up or something?

Before the other selati got there, all 3 selati and T were just sitting there, there was no sign of blood on T, AT ALL.

Wrong again. Him being in their presence roaring like that is A SIGN OF HIM BEING AN AGGRESSOR, do you even know why lions roar? In fact, when the rangers came, they just saw T with the 3 selati males, nothing happening but all of them sitting there, while T roaring at them constantly. That roar was a sign of dominance, even the ranger said he wasn't going down without a fight.
2 users Like HouseOfLions's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Forum is re-opened for posting. Remember we have very strict policy regarding posting here. Be gentle while you talk
3 users Like sanjay's post

South Africa Sideliner Offline

https://www.facebook.com/theworldoflions...=3&theater

Kinky Tail mating = happier times
1 user Likes Sideliner's post

South Africa Sideliner Offline

*This image is copyright of its original author
For those without Facebook
4 users Like Sideliner's post

Pakistan fursan syed Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast

Pretty Boy Mapogo aka Bent Spine aka Skorro. 

artwork by me

5 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Mr T. The SaTan of Sabi Sands

Artwork by me

4 users Like fursan syed's post

Big Cats Enthusiast

Mr T Mapogo

artwork by William Holness

5 users Like fursan syed's post

This is an article written by By Mike Miller, Londolozi Ranger. It details what happened when Mr T went back to the west to gather his brothers. The main point of the article that I want to highlight is near the end, it says and I quote " Or does he find and fetch his remaining 4 brothers and collectively take on the newcomers. To Londolozi’s west, different lodges reported seeing 5 male lions together heading in an easterly direction. With that, early one morning we had the remaining 5 Mapogo roaring and chasing the new coalition well into the Kruger National Park."

I am posting this article to clear any misunderstanding among new users who still think that the 4 maginjis fought and defeated the 5 mapogos, when the mapogos came to challenge them. This article proves that the Manginjis were the ones that avoided the confrontation that day and were forced to run back to the kruger. The fight with Rusta happened after this point and this was when PB and Rusta started to patrol alone along the boundary of the eastern sector. Again, I am not saying a fight did happen but if it did, it was only rusta vs manginjis and maybe PB coming in much later.

https://en-gb.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1451882511779892&id=1442839269350883&substory_index=0

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

I'm not quite sure how reliable the article is, the link showed nothing.

But it's interesting that in their report of the time the 5 Mapogos went there and stayed for some hours before coming back, there is absolutely no mention of them chasing the Majingilane to the Kruger.

And with good reason, because the Majingilane were in Nkorho, enjoying a buffalo meal.
2 users Like Tshokwane's post

(04-08-2017, 06:35 PM)Tshokwane Wrote: I'm not quite sure how reliable the article is, the link showed nothing.

But it's interesting that in their report of the time the 5 Mapogos went there and stayed for some hours before coming back, there is absolutely no mention of them chasing the Majingilane to the Kruger.

And with good reason, because the Majingilane were in Nkorho, enjoying a buffalo meal.

The original article is difficult to find because it has been removed from the site. I barely even found this one but the words were from Mike Miller himself. And the events you are talking about happened on the 4/5th July 2010, Mike Millers words refer to the events that likely happened within the days after as the 5 Mapogos were seen in Marthly, north of the river, on the morning of July 5th.

http://blog.londolozi.com/2011/03/02/the...coalition/

This article , by Adam Bannister, also proves that the fight between them never happened but the article I mentioned from Mike Miller fills in the gaps as to why a fight didn't happen. It is more believable that the manginjis were scared away by the mapogos than then challenging the 5 Mapogos head on. if that had happen, the manginjis wouldn't have lived as long as they have.

From the Mike Miller article, he actually based this statement after hearing it from other lodges, that mentioning the same thing - 5 Mapogo lions scaring off the "new coalition" well into the kruger. These event from Mike Miller are more believable than the event made up by some people who claim that the manginjis beat the 5 Mapogos and then had enough time to kill and eat rusta and injure PB.

Anyways, you have to remember that after the Mapogos scared off the manginjis, they weren't going to stay in the eastern sector as they didn't care for it, only T did. The others had prides and cubs in the west and were satisfied with that. You have to remember that were quite old in 2010, with Mak being 12 and Dreads, Pb and Rusta being 10. The didn't care for the east - the only reason they came back was for revenge and after they had scared of the manginjis, they left.